Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Delete mudflaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 93 coupe dosnt have any on the rear,Imo I love them I had them on my sedan I think it gives the car a wider look. Im actually thinking of getting some rally armor ones to put on the back idk but I think it'll look kinda sick if I mount them right. For some reason I've always seen the accords with an awd look, I dont know why probably because I've wanted to make one that way since I've owned them.

Comment

take them off....you'll get 1-2mpg better at high speeds.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        take them off....you'll get 1-2mpg better at high speeds.
        and how do you come to this conclusion ?
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

from what I understand, the 9091 flaps say honda on the rear, 9293 don't. Don't kno which models
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
            I'm guessing... weight reduction

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
              I had mudflaps before, took mpg reading. I removed mudflaps, took mpg reading. found out I went farther without mudflaps.

Drove the same route M-F, to and from work, at the same time of day, setting the cruise to the same exact speed, filling up at the same costco gas station.

Its all aerodynamics. Air gets trapped in the mudflaps at higher speeds since they stick out from the body of the car a little bit. Remove them and your car has a lower drag coefficient.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

but not every cb7 is the same . they look the same but some have more flair ect... . then some have wider tire's so what work's on one cb7 may not work on another . that's why i asked you . thank's for the reply .
                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

my mudflaps started to tear off so i tossed them out!

Comment

My car came with front and rears...looks sick to me since it's a coupe as well. I say find another set and keep them. I'm currently looking for 9091 mudflaps with the honda letters on them since the 9293s are blank.

Comment

Mudflaps were typically an added accessory, but a lot of times the cb7s were sold with at least the front flaps for some reason. Probably just to show off the car in the lot, but the rears definitely had to be purchased separately.

Comment

When it comes to mudflaps, it is a personal preference for street cars. The OEM replacements are not hard to find on Ebay. Both front and rears come right up in a search. They really do make a difference on the street as far as their intended function. If, however, you have a non-street legal project, like a drag car, then I would take them off and put painter's tape on the bottom of the front quarter panels and front doors near the tire if running slicks. Then you can just peel off any residue that shows up with the tape.
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I took mine off and regretted it. I was getting hard dirt stuck on the doors/fenders when it rained. Looks good though!
                          Originally posted by foamypirate
                          It's not the look. It's the fucking ear drum destroying, bees in a can, bolts in a tumbler, weed eater from hell sound.

Comment

My mudflaps are awesome.. even though that scrape on my driveway..

Pop vTec

Comment

The cars dont look right to me without them. And as far as mpg in my dd 92 lx sedan i get 39 mpg running 55 all the time to work and back.

Comment

I picked up a set from the JY when I was in New Zealand, put them on my car and they dont quite fit properly I have a feeling I took them off of a 9091 and im fitting them to my 9293, I mean they do fit but theres a gap between the bumper and the actual mudflap where its supposed to meet.

I cant be arsed tracking down another set, and Ive already got them installed so no point taking them off again.]
                                Just a note (Im sure heaps of people already know) but yeah, 9091 and 9293 rear mudflaps may not be 100% swappable due to slight differences between the shapes of the rear bumper..

Comment

Working...
                                X