No announcement yet.

It's new-ish car shopping time again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its basically an Accord but either an ILX or TLX might be an option.

Comment

I'm liking some of the new Mazda's

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Macaqueistrong View Post
        I know its basically an Accord but either an ILX or TLX might be an option.
        The ILX looks pretty cool, but it’s practically a Civic. Once you see the underlying Civic, it’s hard to unsee it (or justify the higher price!) The TLX is nice. I haven’t really looked into them. I’m assuming fuel economy is probably below my target.

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
        I'm liking some of the new Mazda's
        The 6 is SO nice... but mainly in higher level trim. Turbo is out of my range, and non-turbo might be too slow. It’s frustrating. Still a contender, though.

Comment

Deev what is the current list of contenders looking like?
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Is any of this new car (you mention an entry at $10-12k) being funded through a loan/financing, or is it entirely bought in cash on day one? Because I'm thinking the real question is, is taking on unnecessary debt, in our new situation of human stupidity tanking the economy, really a wise thing to do?
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-14-2020, 07:16 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
              Deev what is the current list of contenders looking like?
              RLX Sport Hybrid, Mazda 6, 328d, or an Ioniq are my top contenders currently.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Is any of this new car (you mention an entry at $10-12k) being funded through a loan/financing, or is it entirely bought in cash on day one? Because I'm thinking the real question is, is taking on unnecessary debt, in our new situation of human stupidity tanking the economy, really a wise thing to do?
              I’d be selling the CTS-V for 12 or so, and the Accord for about 2500. If I financed, it’d only be a few thousand. But you’re right... the current state of things is definitely making me rethink some things. We live well below our means, and even more so once we’ve sold our other house, so that helps.
              I weathered the last recession without issue. Granted, I made money BECAUSE of the recession!

Comment

Looking at your contenders list, a hybrid option might be the best fit. To that end have you considered a Cadillac ELR? These are in the 20k range, plug-in powertrain, quasi-exotic looking and the interior execution is pretty well contented.

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I’ve actually looked for one! None in my range nearby, sadly. I know it’s really just a Volt (for 2-3 times the price), but it’s really nice looking. A woman I used to work with had a white one. I loved seeing it in the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    The 6 is SO nice... but mainly in higher level trim. Turbo is out of my range, and non-turbo might be too slow. It’s frustrating. Still a contender, though.
                    Buddy of mine bought one, non turbo, and not only is it super nice, but it's got some giddy-up ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

The ILX looks pretty cool, but it’s practically a Civic. Once you see the underlying Civic, it’s hard to unsee it (or justify the higher price!) The TLX is nice. I haven’t really looked into them. I’m assuming fuel economy is probably below my target.

You'd have to look at the data. FWD TLX probably gets good MPG with the 9AT. My parents 2013 Accord EX-L V6 routinely runs in the high 30's on the highway. 36-37MPG with no special techniques at an average 75-80 is not at all uncommon. City MPG is more in line with a normal V6 number, but even then it isn't terrible at 26-27 (nearly identical to what my CB7 got under the exact same conditions).

Might be a good idea to consider delaying big capital purchases too. Just sayin'.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

what about a chevy trax or the buick version. many companies are doing 0% APR and 84 months financing right now for a limited time.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                          what about a chevy trax or the buick version. many companies are doing 0% APR and 84 months financing right now for a limited time.
                          The Buick maybe... but they look so... wimpy! mpg would probably be on point, though.

Comment

The Buick maybe... but they look so... wimpy! mpg would probably be on point, though.
                            paying like $100 per month for a new car aint bad either. theyre selling for around 10k new.

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Really? I mean, I don’t love them, but if they’re that cheap... wow.

Comment

Regal Wagon? 26K
                                https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Comment

Working...
                                X