No announcement yet.

Dwhacks : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do love checking out the custom builds, nice looking motor combo you haved going there.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Well, nothing exciting done to the car recently. Put in a new windshield, and found a couple rusty pinch weld holes in the process. Got them patched up and did some rattle can painting. This is never going to be a show car anyway!

Also, ordered Neuspeed race springs and will be ordering Koni Yellows soon (Deev seems to rave about them in every suspension thread I find).

Here's a puzzle for you; my brother bought the car about 10 years ago and it already had lowering springs, and we presume the shocks are stock honda. So why aren't they blown?
      Bought from: Night Wolf, bassrock234, sonikaccord, 904drACCORDMANG

92 Accord, F23a franken-engine, N/A forever.

Comment

Nothing more exciting than fighting off rust!

You'll enjoy the Neuspeed/Koni combination. Definitely a pairing that is tried and true! The Koni Sports have earned a good reputation. If the adjustability is not a factor for you, Chrisnick would likely suggest Bilstein HD's. Also a great shock absorber option.

As for the original shocks on lowering springs, I haven't a clue. What indicator do you have that they aren't blown?
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
          As for the original shocks on lowering springs, I haven't a clue. What indicator do you have that they aren't blown?
          Well the car handles bumps just as good or better then most stock vehicles, If you try and "bounce" the rear end it comes to a stop instantly as it should. I dunno, they seem to be working fine. I figured with all the talk about lowering springs and stock shocks being a bad idea that these would surely be effed up.

What signs should I look for?

Comment

Originally posted by dwhacks View Post
            Well the car handles bumps just as good or better then most stock vehicles, If you try and "bounce" the rear end it comes to a stop instantly as it should. I dunno, they seem to be working fine. I figured with all the talk about lowering springs and stock shocks being a bad idea that these would surely be effed up.

What signs should I look for?
            Do any of the shocks look wet? Like an oily residue?

While driving and you hit a bump, does the car excessively bounce?

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
              Do any of the shocks look wet? Like an oily residue?

While driving and you hit a bump, does the car excessively bounce?

Not excessively, but it does bounce if Im going fast and go over whoop. bumps/pot holes don't bounce though.

No oil either.

Comment

Are they for sure stock shocks? Depening on the spring rate and if they were a progressive wind, they very well could last just fine.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Well that's interesting. They seem to be painted over so I can't tell any info of what they are.

Is there any use trying my neuspeed race springs on the mystery shocks? or is that asking for trouble. I'm not sure if I will have enough funds before the drags May 1st to get my Koni's

Comment

If they are stock the Neuspeed's will kill them. I just swapped out my totally blown set, for a nice new set of HD B6 Bilsteins. Love the ride on the Neuspeed Race springs. This is also paired with a set of FFC extended top hats. A lot of us have picked them up recently. They help the ride and travel of the shock a ton.
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

First 1/8th mile of the year

Well May 1st was the first 1/8th mile of the year! what a blast.

My car wasn't performing as I had hoped though, that's for sure. It was really hot out so I obviously need to work on the tune because it was idling significantly richer.

Either way, my best pass of the day:
                      ET: 10.274
                      Trap: 69.54 mph
                      Reaction time: 0.783 (need to work on that)
                      60 Ft time: 2.380

Pictures to come!
                      Last edited by dwhacks; 05-02-2016, 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Getting better at the drags! Every pass was faster then my last personal best and I havn't even done anything to the car since!

There's another race in a week so we'll see if I keep progressing!

Heres a video, with a terrible shift into 3rd, of my fastest run:

ET: 10.194
                        Speed: 67.10 mph
                        60 ft: 2.394

Comment

Good job bro, that was a great launch. Where does your clutch let out?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Thanks. That was my best 60ft of the day.

Its an OEM style clutch and seems to engage/disengage around the last 1/4 or less of throw. I need to try dragging it a bit more to spin less with those drag radials, but I get caught up in the moment focusing on the lights! ha.

Sure is a blast though. hope I can get under 10 this year.

Comment

Wow! Drag racing yesterday at the 1/8th mile and I got a new best time AND I won the Sportsman (8.60 and slower) class! I'm getting much more consistent at the track.

Fastest Pass of the day:

60FT: 2.325
                              ET: 10.060 (soo close!)
                              Vehicle Speed: 70.71 mph

Now I have a break until september so I will hopefully get some work done on my car!

Comment

So I've got a bunch of franken engine parts, like k20a pistons. I know this is going to bring my compression way up, but it sounds like fun! I know I have to spin them and all that.

What do I NEED to do to install them. Current block only has 150k km on it, and looked good when I swapped it in. Do I need a hone done by a machinist or can I do it myself. Is this a terrible idea? What should I use/any advice!

Also just installed my front koni yellows/neuspeed race spring. Rears should be here this week. Is it normal I need the konis at their stiffest setting to eliminate bounce?

Comment

Working...
                                X