XCRN : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And more has been done.

This header may look new but it is not, I had some ceramic paint laying around for months since I was unable to remove the bracket bolt but I found out the bracket could be removed with the header.

Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Huge fan of the thoroughness. I feel so stupid looking back. I bought brand new calipers for the 11.1" front rotor setup and didn't paint them. Now they have a nice layer of rust. It will be a pain when I actually get around to it.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
        Huge fan of the thoroughness. I feel so stupid looking back. I bought brand new calipers for the 11.1" front rotor setup and didn't paint them. Now they have a nice layer of rust. It will be a pain when I actually get around to it.
        Thanks! I appreciate the recognition, but you would be surprised how un-thorough I was with the front calipers. It was only to refresh what is seen and apparently they were painted before I owned the car.

I have a lot of photos showing the suspension work, my thoroughness, and the finish of my minor wire tuck. Stay tuned!

This is a photo of the final rear disc conversion, I just painted a rotor with that ceramic paint I used for the header. Still no idea when this is going in.

And here is that header installed. Perfect fit in there.

Here is a complete photo.of the wire tuck. I now have a new respect for electritions, that was a bitch to do. Really only the driver side was tucked, the passenger side was just hidden better.

Driver side.

Here is an idea I got from NWAccord to hide the ugly work shown above. Mimicking is a form of flattery, thanks for the idea!

Passenger side.

And now on to why I did all this, lowering. Finaly after 2 months on jack stands, all wheels have hit the ground. So far tge front still has about another half inch until it is at it's supposed ride height, but even now it looks better than that monter gap.

The picture are not in order of when they were taken so the photos of the wheels with the wire harness hanging over the outside were taken yesterday and the wire tuck was finished today.

Well that is all I have to report. Battery is dead so I have no idea if I messed something up with the wire tuck. I also did something bad, I bent the driver side door protector trim trying to remove it, so now I have to go find one in the junk yard.
        Last edited by XCRN; 04-17-2014, 03:35 AM.

Comment

It is all assembled now and I realized there are no good photos of the new bumper.

I also painted the frame behind the bumper as rust protection.

My next stage is getting the rear wheel wells painted and behind the rear bumper to prepare for the salt roads in my future.

Comment

Looks good, especialy with no side skirts, side trim, or mud guards. Instant weight savings right there. Anyways here is a photo of the almost finished project.

Comment

With my wire tuck there is something that is bothering me and it is the wires coming out of the master cylinder are really tight. Is there any reason why I should not either disconnect the wires permanently or cut and extend them?

Comment

Corner Lights

These are just beautiful to look at, I could stare at them all day but I have run the battery down too many times. I have had this setup for a few months now but I have never shared it.

I am going to try to replicate the photo below when the car drys and maybe a better background for a sig pic. All I did was hold my hand over the lens. Looks really nice.

I have clear corners with white 5 SMD LEDs for the inner lights and regular amber LEDs for the outer lights.
                Last edited by XCRN; 04-24-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

It was a beautiful day despite the forecast for rain. I had a busy day, had lunch with my mother, went to the junkyard to get the missing trim pieces and other things, and gave my car a,much needed bath after sitting for months. Here are some photos I got while driving around the nieghborhood.

I also picked this up from the junkyard, unfortunatly the cap was taken when I got there and the round SI are not too common in junkyards around here.

On a different note, the oxygen sensor needs replacing soon, driving around after the car warmed up, it felt like it lost a lot of power or a slipping clutch which could be likely since the clutch likes to chatter at 1800 rpm if held there.
                  Last edited by XCRN; 04-26-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Pristine

Comment

wow, i feel like i'm looking at my own thread here :P
                      Nice work so far, if you have any questions about anything let me know!

Comment

Great morning today! I am at the point with my car where there is no leaks of any kind, no more CELs, no odd noises (other than a minor transmission bearing noise), and no suspension issues!

I got the oxygen sensor replaced today, but I was unable to do it myself. I was going to take it to a shop to have it done for $50 but I sold some mounts to these guys last night doing an H swap in a Civic and they liked my car and the thing about the oxygen sensor was brought up and they offered to fix it at their place. Real cool guys and they have a lot of cool projects at their house. Anyways, YAY!

Comment

Thanks to L_U_D_I_AAccord I now have (sort of) 92-93 sedan tail lights. I just had them shipped to my Aunt and Uncle's house in OH so my next project when I get to my new home there.

I am spending too much money doing a 92-93 conversion throughout the entire car, oh well. Hobbys aren't cheap I guess.

Comment

Fucking great. Milk is underneath the oil cap and I have no more money or time to fix it. What is more annoying is that the head gasket was done by "professionals" less than a year ago. If it is still covered under warranty, great, if not I either need to sell it or keep it in WA until I come back Summer 2015 to fix it. I really do not know how long this has been, under 1000 miles is my guess.

This shit was not supposed to happen until I was in OH.

Comment

Are you overheating or losing coolant? If not its probably not the head gasket. I don't know enough to be sure though

Comment

I have been losing coolant slowly and it has been a mystery as to where until now, but I do not drive enough to see it overheat. By the time I park the needle just starts moving from the bottom.

The head is completely remanufactured with new valve train, and I am not sure as to which brand of head gasket they used.

Comment

Working...
                                X