Pinchmyhandle : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
    Oil change last night. Added the magnetic oil drain plug, K&N oil filter and some Lucas oil.
    Just an FYI about your oil filter selection; this fellow suggests that the Mobil 1 filter is the same as the K&N design, minus the nut of course, while also being $2-$3 cheaper. He also suggests that other filters perform better and are cheaper than the K&N filter. You're just paying for the brand name, and their nuts.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oil.../opinions.html

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
      Just an FYI about your oil filter selection; this fellow suggests that the Mobil 1 filter is the same as the K&N design, minus the nut of course, while also being $2-$3 cheaper. He also suggests that other filters perform better and are cheaper than the K&N filter. You're just paying for the brand name, and their nuts.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oil.../opinions.html
      It is a cool list, but nothing really useful. Asides from it being 5 years old, and it doesn't state what exact filter used, just brand. This information is kinda useless, especially since it is all his opinion as he states.

I don't mind spending a couple extra bucks on a better brand.

Comment

Threw down some money last night and ordered new headlight housings, HID kits for both low and high beams, and a new grill. Hope I will have them all before Christmas. If I can break away from my store next week, I will be getting the windows tinted too.

I love December...

Comment

HID kits are in, waiting on the rest which should be here today or tomorrow.

Comment

Got the new headlights and HID kits in. Also installed a new grill finally. I know everyone seems to hate on the ebay aftermarket headlights, but I like them. Its nice to be a little different on here anyways.

Comment

Looks good, not much for the Ebay headlights but besides that its coming along nicely! Hows the output with those HIDs?

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                Looks good, not much for the Ebay headlights but besides that its coming along nicely! Hows the output with those HIDs?
                Thanks Cb_JoeyG. I've seen these type of headlights with standard bulbs and they do have poor output. That is why I ordered the HID kits for both the low and high beams.

The low beams seem to have a better distance then the stock headlights with top of the line Sylvania bulbs. The HID kits in the high beams is simply amazing tho. Outside of a truck with KC fogs, I have never seen anything light up the road so good.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

My car developed a semi-serious oil leak. Looks like the water pump is going bye bye. So I should be getting that replaced along with some new belts very soon.

One step forward...two steps back I go.

Comment

love your sedan man Well put together
                      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      My coupe!!!
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Thank you Daheavyking, I appreciate the kind words.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

you should go to junk yard and buy a legend lip buddy

Comment

Originally posted by hotboxnaccord View Post
                            you should go to junk yard and buy a legend lip buddy [/QUOTE]

I can't find any local. But I want to order the Greddy style lip for it. Not gonna worry about it till I put on the suspension and lower the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
                              you should go to junk yard and buy a legend lip buddy
                              I can't find any local. But I want to order the Greddy style lip for it. Not gonna worry about it till I put on the suspension and lower the car.[/QUOTE]

haha every time i go to the junk yard i see one...i was thinking of picking up a xtra one next timei go to the j/y...what suspension are u thinking of getting?

Comment

F&F Type 1 coilovers, Megan control arms, upper strut tower brace, Beaks lower tie bar rear, yada yada yada...saving up as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X