Lug nuts for OE 7 spokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lug nuts for OE 7 spokes

Hey guys, I've been all over the place trying to find some lugs and any info I could find around here. Searched all over, read like every post in the wheel/tire forums but can't find positive info. Here's the deal. My car currently has steelies. has the deeper lug nuts with the little lip to hold the hub cap. test fitted one of the 7 spoke 5th gen alloys I just picked up. Fits fine, but the lugs are too big for the centercap to fit. I've been trying to find some lugs that will fit and found a couple pics of these wheels on cars without the caps on. Looks like they are running short open end lugs. Are these what the factory ones look like for cars that are equipped with those wheels factory? anyone have a pic of the lugs they are using with these wheels that fit under the cap? I've found a couple of set of shorter lugs on ebay, just trying to make sure they are going to fit. Don't want to spend big bucks on lug nuts, I only paid 75 bucks for the wheels. don't want to spend that on lugs anyway if anyone can help, preferrably with a pic I'd appreciate it. New tires should be here tomorrow, and I'll run the wheels with out the caps until I sort this out I guess, but I do want to run the centercaps so I need to find what lugs are going to fit.
    1993 Honda Accord LX
    1997 Volkswagen GTI-VR6

pep boys, autozone, kragen, o reileys, etc. they all carry open ended lug nuts..just pick up a set and throw that center cap on...

Comment

BUT are they ball seat like the OE lugs? Most aftermarket ones I've found on the net are conical seat for aftermarket wheels. I'll swing by a couple places tomorrow and see if they have anything.
      1993 Honda Accord LX
      1997 Volkswagen GTI-VR6

Comment

ive seen both...

Comment

i swapped the ones from my gf's civic. she needed some new ones with wheel cover retainers on them, and i needed some shorter ones, so it worked out perfectly. they're shorter and closed end.

the cheapest solution may be the salvage yard.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Originally posted by gutterslide
            i swapped the ones from my gf's civic. she needed some new ones with wheel cover retainers on them, and i needed some shorter ones, so it worked out perfectly. they're shorter and closed end.

the cheapest solution may be the salvage yard.
            this helps because I found some short ones on ebay that are close ended but are short, if they fit I'll pick those up. found some short oe honda ones and some short black acura lugs. also from checking out AutoZone's website it looks like they carry OE style lugs for cheap. I'll check them out tomorrow. thanks!
            1993 Honda Accord LX
            1997 Volkswagen GTI-VR6

Comment

i used the gorilla lug nuts that you can order from jcwhitney or summit auto. they are pretty cheap and it has a special key that you need to use so it is pretty hard to try and take the rims.

just my 2 cents

Comment

I just used my original ones and they fit fine

Comment

autozone/etc sells open end ball seat lugs... just go and ask for stock lug nuts for a 90-93 accord **EX** and they should bring out the short ones.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    autozone/etc sells open end ball seat lugs... just go and ask for stock lug nuts for a 90-93 accord **EX** and they should bring out the short ones.
                    It's true. Napa also has them
                    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

just rock no center cap.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        just rock no center cap.
                        werd, they look better like that

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Ha, the above car in the sig looks just like mine! It looks a little cleaner than mine though.

I'm gonna hit up Autozone, I kinda like the clean look with the cap on there. Got my tires today so I'll figure it out tomorrow. I got other things to worry about now though. Got out of my car just now and the door won't open from the inside or the outside! Now I have to go back to work and get some tools and see if I can fix this...
                          1993 Honda Accord LX
                          1997 Volkswagen GTI-VR6

Comment

Working...
                          X