No announcement yet.

1997 cd5 engine codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey bro, on your 97, the check engine connector is located behind the coin tray. Pull the tray out and you'll see it behind there, it is OBD2 so it requires a scan tool. The blue plug is for 95 and older obd1 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by red07frontier View Post
      Hey bro, on your 97, the check engine connector is located behind the coin tray. Pull the tray out and you'll see it behind there, it is OBD2 so it requires a scan tool. The blue plug is for 95 and older obd1 cars.
      The images I posted above are of a 1996 OBD2 Accord. The self diagnostic test (paperclip method) still works on the 96-97 OBD2 Accords as well. However, if you have access to a scan tool you can use the OBD2 port behind the ashtray for a more detailed diagnostics report.

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited View Post
      Thanx ghost! Thats awesome. Now I know what to look for. I had
      my glove box out, and ran most of my engine's wire harness
      through the firewall. And I do not recall seeing that harness. I hope
      the previous owner did not take that out for some reason...
      I will check it tomorrow. I'm gettin the check engine light every
      once and awhile, and it turns off after I turn the car off and on. I'm
      thinking its just an o2 sensor...
      The two pin connector consists of a RED wire (SCS - Pin C7) & a GRN/BLU (-) wire

Therefore you should be looking for a RED wire (ECU pin C7 SCS)

The OBD2 96-97 Accord ran the red wire from Pin C7 to the OBD2 port behind the ashtray and also to the two pin connector under the glove box. If you cannot find the red wire behind your glove box you should be able to find it behind the OBD2 port. In order to get your CEL flashing you only need to ground that RED wire.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-06-2010, 06:25 AM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Wow! Lots of good stuff guys, thanx. Im gonna do the the job as pratical as I can. Im gonna pull the plate off, clean the egr ports, egr valve included, then Im gonna change the 02 sensor. Im gonna take out the back out fuse for 10-15 minutes and then fire her up. If by any freaking chance the check engine light comes on, I will be back to post my rant! If all go's good, I will post my success.
        I just got done doing a 93 cb7 sadan 5sp, I ended up getting a check light and error 41. Im tick but Im back at it agian tomorrow.
        I love this hondas
        laloquera

Comment

Bump! I just got done doing this job and light is giving me 41. Took me all day to clean out the EGR valve and plate out. So im thinking its 02 and the parts guy told me, this honda has two 02 before and afer the cat. Is this true. Im gonna switch one or the other till the light turns off, or need be swap out both and see what happends.

OK, OK! Nailed both cars, swap out the 02 and cleared the TCU, Its a done deal! Thanks to all, who gave a crap.
          Last edited by laloquera; 11-16-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Well, not exactly, you'll have one before the cat, and the other is in the cat...I have a 94 so mine only has one (man I fell lucky)

Comment

Working...
            X