Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need non-coffee-can direct-fit cat-back exhaust suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need non-coffee-can direct-fit cat-back exhaust suggestions

I guess I'm considered a 'newb' so I must post in the beginner forum....

I'm looking for a catback exhaust system for my '93 Accord EX Coupe. Must be direct fit, and must not have 4"+ "coffee can" tip. I checked eBay and everything has a 4" tip or larger. Doesn't anyone make a nice twin tip? I looked into OEM type direct-fits and they all have the lawn-mower style 1/2" tip that is just plain embarrassing! Also, I'm on a budget. I don't want to buy a $600 exhaust for my $2000 Accord. $150 shipped would be good. Any ideas?

Get a dual tip Magnaflow. Go to an exhaust shop. Have them make your new piping from the cat to the muffler with a few resonators in between. Have fun.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I agree that this would be a good solution but I think the tab would run me $300

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE View Post
        I agree that this would be a good solution but I think the tab would run me $300
        Buy a cheap ass exhaust from eBay (I got mine for $120 shipped). Have an exhaust shop weld on a new muffler. New muffler shouldn't be too much, and welding on a new muffler shoulding be more than $50.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
          Buy a cheap ass exhaust from eBay (I got mine for $120 shipped). Have an exhaust shop weld on a new muffler. New muffler shouldn't be too much, and welding on a new muffler shoulding be more than $50.
          That's kinda what I was thinking. I think I'll have to go that route. I was just hoping to find a 'cheap ass exhaust' that already had a respectable tip.

Comment

Rust holes in your current muffler?

Comment

Damn, where u live? It cost that much for a shop to bend u up some pipe and weld on a muffler? I bought the dual tip Magnaflow and had a shop do mines from the cat back. I bought the muffler off Ebay for pretty cheap, about $130 if I remember correctly. The piping cost me $80 (but thats here in Denver). Thats definitely the way to go if you can afford it. Or like dude said, just buy a raggedy cat back off Ebay and then get the Magnaflow and have a shop cut the bullshit muffler off and weld on the Magnaflow.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                Rust holes in your current muffler?
                Actually it has a thru hole at the 2 to 1 part of the b-pipe. I bought a DC Sports header used, and then found out that the whole system is so rusted I can't possibly salvage the CC if I replace the b-pipe. So I found a direct-fit high flow cat on the cheap, and now I just need to complete the system. I wouldn't say I'm trying to build a VIP ride here.. just a nice and fun daily driver with a little sophistication. I already have an obnoxious rice burner for the weekend, but during the week I like to stay out of trouble. I'm too old for it anymore.

NextEpisode, I think you know what I'm aiming for, because your car is sharp! My '93 is also a wingless Seattle Silver Coupe. No point in showing pics yet... it is still stock, but in fine condition for a '93.
                Last edited by JamesE; 02-16-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  I bought the dual tip Magnaflow ....
                  I'm in St. Louis. Do you remember what model Magnaflow you bought by chance?

Comment

I'm in St. Louis. Do you remember what model Magnaflow you bought by chance?
                    Ah, the STL. Grandma lives there, used to roll there every summer. And yeah, the model is 14815. Check this out http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...n.x8in.%20Oval The 14816 tips were a little too big IMO and the other ones (14805 and 14807) were way too short (the tips). The other ones are just ugly. Actually the 14862 and 14830 might look good if you are into the slant but the one I got looked pretty perfect. If you go with one I suggest the one I got, which is 14815.

Comment

i can do a full catback for prob a hundred bucks where i live providing my own muffler

Comment

Actually it has a thru hole at the 2 to 1 part of the b-pipe. I bought a DC Sports header used, and then found out that the whole system is so rusted I can't possibly salvage the CC if I replace the b-pipe. So I found a direct-fit high flow cat on the cheap, and now I just need to complete the system. I wouldn't say I'm trying to build a VIP ride here.. just a nice and fun daily driver with a little sophistication. I already have an obnoxious rice burner for the weekend, but during the week I like to stay out of trouble. I'm too old for it anymore.

NextEpisode, I think you know what I'm aiming for, because your car is sharp! My '93 is also a wingless Seattle Silver Coupe. No point in showing pics yet... it is still stock, but in fine condition for a '93.
                        Thank you sir!

Keep it wing free.
                        Actually the little eBay M3 flushmounts are kinda cool, but yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the stock spoilers.

Tough luck on the B-pipe... I guess the only thing I have to add is that custom exhaust systems with universal mufflers can get loud in a hurry. If you buy a name brand piece, like a magnaflow, search around for reviews regarding noise levels. I love the quiet that the Apex'i WS2 provides, even over the low growl that my old borla and magnaflow had.

What's your weekend rice burner?

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                          Damn, where u live? It cost that much for a shop to bend u up some pipe and weld on a muffler? I bought the dual tip Magnaflow and had a shop do mines from the cat back. I bought the muffler off Ebay for pretty cheap, about $130 if I remember correctly. The piping cost me $80 (but thats here in Denver). Thats definitely the way to go if you can afford it. Or like dude said, just buy a raggedy cat back off Ebay and then get the Magnaflow and have a shop cut the bullshit muffler off and weld on the Magnaflow.
                          Thanks! I just spotted a similar dual tip Magnaflow on Craigslist thanks to your advice. Might be able to pick it up under $100. I like the part # you specified but ebay lists at $180+.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                            x1000.

and get them to weld in a resonator or two also.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                              Thank you sir!

Keep it wing free.
                              Actually the little eBay M3 flushmounts are kinda cool, but yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the stock spoilers.

Tough luck on the B-pipe... I guess the only thing I have to add is that custom exhaust systems with universal mufflers can get loud in a hurry. If you buy a name brand piece, like a magnaflow, search around for reviews regarding noise levels. I love the quiet that the Apex'i WS2 provides, even over the low growl that my old borla and magnaflow had.

What's your weekend rice burner?
                              I'm expecting my setup to be a little on the loud side. The CC I bought is a CCQS high flow cat. It is a functional CC, but very low restriction.. so I'll be relying on the muffler to keep noise in check.

My weekend track toy is a Impreza STi that I use to compete at Time Attack events. You can check it out at
                              http://www.TakataTimeAttack.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X