CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #21
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
9293 CENTER CONSOLE ARMREST DIY COMPLETE!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...34#post2574234

Last edited by P5ylance; 07-14-2010 at 02:02 AM.
P5ylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #22
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
Just got my new horn buttons and an Integra clock from Agol! Will be installing these tomorrow!

Thanks Agol!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:24 AM   #23
Fenderx69
CB7tuner Member

Fenderx69 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Fenderx69
whered you get that shifter and the boot?
Fenderx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:25 AM   #24
Joshy
Contributing Member

Joshy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Joshy
It's coming along quite well!

Your interior work looks great. Oh... and you've got the illusive non-autobelt black center console! So jealous!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #25
F20A CB7
Contributing Member

F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends! F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends!
hi, i gave you a rep point, maybe youll get a star by your thread now.

edit- no star yet.
**Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE
F20A CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #26
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Fenderx69: The shifter I got off eBay for $20. It was a super lucky find, like a needle in a haystack full of carbon fiber shift knobs and stuff haha

I tried to find it again for you, but I don't see it anymore :\

search "leather shift knob" and add AT or MT depending on your transmission and see what pops up. i don't see anymore generic leather shifters right now though

The boot is a MOMO boot that my brother bought for his car, but gave to me since he didn't need it anymore. Any leather shift boot will work though, what I did was remove that plastic piece that slides back and forth with the shifter and slip the boot in between the gap tried for the look that some european AUTOMATIC luxury cars are doing, where they have the leather shift boot, even for automatics (2001 BMW 3-Series, for example). it's a little tall, but i'm fine with it

Joshy: thanks for checkin it out! sorry to disappoint, haha, but can you tell it's sprayed? It used to be a GREY center console, but i took an extra step to get it to look OEM:

1) dyed the fabric with RITZ black fabric dye
2) sprayed with black paint for plastics
3) sprayed with clear coat

And to get rid of that cheap painted look and get the OEM dull look, I waxed each painted piece with TurtleWax adds some protection from liquids as well

what trim came with the black center console armrest, by the way? I remember seeing one in the classifieds... :'[ but it was snatched up with a quickness.

f20: haha nice try though, thanks bro! Fellow DIY'ers unite!

Last edited by P5ylance; 07-17-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #27
agol
CB7tuner Member

agol is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to agol
Post pics after the install!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #28
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Got a headstart on my reupholstery project this morning: removed my rear panels. I figured out how to take the thing off! iono how i broke it at the JY

luckily the panel comes in 3 parts, so i can wrap the fabric around the bottom half and it'll hide itself... the front doors and the upper rear panels though is another issue. gah, I wish these cars had inserts.

Installed Agol's Horn Buttons though! lookin' freshhhh!! as well as the Integra clock that went along for the ride. But instead of installing it as is and calling it a day, i put the accord's screen on it. outcome?

Instead of the fuzzy OEM accord numbers, I get the better, clearer font of the Integra clock, but in the Accord's OEM green color! reallllly nice. will probably take pictures of it tomorrrowww... hopefully if i remember my camera. shouldn't be too hard to remember. but thats what i say everyday and I always forget when i get to my car, haha!

I WILL GET THOSE PICS FOR YOU AGOL, I PROMISES!

Last edited by P5ylance; 07-17-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:38 AM   #29
Joshy
Contributing Member

Joshy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Joshy
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5ylance View Post
Joshy: thanks for checkin it out! sorry to disappoint, haha, but can you tell it's sprayed? It used to be a GREY center console, but i took an extra step to get it to look OEM:

1) dyed the fabric with RITZ black fabric dye
2) sprayed with black paint for plastics
3) sprayed with clear coat

And to get rid of that cheap painted look and get the OEM dull look, I waxed each painted piece with TurtleWax adds some protection from liquids as well

what trim came with the black center console armrest, by the way? I remember seeing one in the classifieds... :'[ but it was snatched up with a quickness.
Dude! I had no idea you painted it... I can't tell by the photos. Good work! With all of the preparation and steps you listed, I see your dedication and effort put into it. It looks amazing, and should hold up very well.

Sadly, the black center console only came in the autobelt style here in USDM land. It came in the 9091 Phoenix Red DX coupe, and 91 Solaris Silver SE sedan.

Canada got it in their 9091 Phoenix Red LXs and 91 Solaris Silver SEs. Because they never had autobelts, their 9091s all have the two-piece center console with bridge. The armrest would potentially be in either model, if the original buyers requested/purchased an armrest. If not, they had the bridged/centered e-brake cover. Extremely rare. The CDM parts aren't even listed online anywhere, so I have no idea how one would go about ordering them.

They were also available in Europe, and who knows where else. I actually found the parts listed on a Russian Honda dealer website, but I couldn't go about ordering them - I had no idea how to do it. Google Translate only gets you so far! And who knows how much the parts would even cost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5ylance View Post
Got a headstart on my reupholstery project this morning: removed my rear panels. I figured out how to take the thing off! iono how i broke it at the JY

luckily the panel comes in 3 parts, so i can wrap the fabric around the bottom half and it'll hide itself... the front doors and the upper rear panels though is another issue. gah, I wish these cars had inserts.
Have you thought about removing the lower fabric? Its pretty clean underneath, and leaves one less area to cover. The DX and LX coupes didn't have fabric affixed to their lower side lining, and it actually flows pretty well. Same goes for the upper vinyl half. If you remove the cloth (and glue), they actually look quite decent bare.

If you could get ahold of some 93 SE coupe inserts, you could either paint or reupholster them. That would definitely make things easier for you!

I can't wait to see the outcome. Good luck! I'm sure you'll take your time and do a killer job.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:48 AM   #30
Fenderx69
CB7tuner Member

Fenderx69 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Fenderx69
thanks for the info they look perfect man you got the luxury style down just right. i would never look at this car and think the inside would look like a bmw or benz.
Fenderx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:04 AM   #31
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Things done in the past few days:

Install New Kragen Rubbery Stand-Up Antenna (did not solve reception issue )

Install Rear Interior Panels

very nice material... ON SALE!

my friend helped me pleat them

panels before

broken up

glue

bottom half done!

all done!

installed

What it looked like before:

WHEW! scary.. here's the test: to see if it holds up to heat 80 Strength Adhesive do your stuff!

Last edited by P5ylance; 07-21-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #32
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderx69 View Post
thanks for the info they look perfect man you got the luxury style down just right. i would never look at this car and think the inside would look like a bmw or benz.
thank you for the compliment, and thank you for noticing! yeah, i wanted to make my car feel like i could roll with the big boys in the city lol, with all the lexus, infiniti, bmw, merc, and acura vehicles haha almost there!

the interior has come a LOOONG way since the stock blue cloth interior days when i first got it from my sis.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:12 AM   #33
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
Dude! I had no idea you painted it... I can't tell by the photos. Good work! With all of the preparation and steps you listed, I see your dedication and effort put into it. It looks amazing, and should hold up very well.

Sadly, the black center console only came in the autobelt style here in USDM land. It came in the 9091 Phoenix Red DX coupe, and 91 Solaris Silver SE sedan.

Canada got it in their 9091 Phoenix Red LXs and 91 Solaris Silver SEs. Because they never had autobelts, their 9091s all have the two-piece center console with bridge. The armrest would potentially be in either model, if the original buyers requested/purchased an armrest. If not, they had the bridged/centered e-brake cover. Extremely rare. The CDM parts aren't even listed online anywhere, so I have no idea how one would go about ordering them.

They were also available in Europe, and who knows where else. I actually found the parts listed on a Russian Honda dealer website, but I couldn't go about ordering them - I had no idea how to do it. Google Translate only gets you so far! And who knows how much the parts would even cost...

Have you thought about removing the lower fabric? Its pretty clean underneath, and leaves one less area to cover. The DX and LX coupes didn't have fabric affixed to their lower side lining, and it actually flows pretty well. Same goes for the upper vinyl half. If you remove the cloth (and glue), they actually look quite decent bare.

If you could get ahold of some 93 SE coupe inserts, you could either paint or reupholster them. That would definitely make things easier for you!

I can't wait to see the outcome. Good luck! I'm sure you'll take your time and do a killer job.
so rare...

yah, i noticed that the LX didn't have the bottom cloth! i was like "this is weird...?" but with my panels, i still have that little ridge where the fabric would go in, so if it was bare it'd look weird :{ if i had the LX/DX panels though, it would go

hope you like how the rears turned out!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #34
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

today my car had a verrry troubling start

rough/erratic idle, cranked no start, started then immediately shut off... so scary. I guess it's about time I clean my IACV/FITV and all that good stuff... won't do EGR cuz my car's a DD and I don't have the knowledge or tools to do it.

I also noticed, at around 3000rpm/70mph, my tachometer will hop up 300rpm every so often, as if the IAB valves were activating by themselves, and sometimes it will stay at 3300rpm and it won't go back down, even if i let off the gas to let the car know i don't need the power anymore... :[ could it be a sticky plate? faulty sensor? would anyone like to share any information?

I know I need to look at my intake system though... theres an issue going on there. anybody know what i should take a look at? I'll probably get started on my H23 plenum swap since i'll be in that area.

are the IAB plates the same between the h23 and the a6? and the h22, btw?
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #35
Dark_Accord
CB7tuner Member

Dark_Accord is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Dark_Accord Send a message via MSN to Dark_Accord Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_Accord
i <3 this car

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP
Dark_Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #36
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Accord View Post
i <3 this car
hahah thanks! Lily <3s you too she says hi

^recent picture, my favorite shot lol, i take all my progression shots here in the hopes that maybe i'll make a GIF file of her transformation haha!

PS: my kragen antenna, despite how long it is, looooks soooo cool to me slicked back hahaha i'll get a picture of it in the daytime tomorrow.

^reminds me so much of an NSX from this angle... I love this car. Someday I'll have that NSX and she won't be alone anymore, haha

Last edited by P5ylance; 07-22-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #37
F20A CB7
Contributing Member

F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends! F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends!
hi friend, i liek your work, diy all the fukin way.

ill post a pic later of the adhesive shit i used for my viynal on my door, i replaced the carpet, and put blk viynal down, i found my self havin to sprayyyyyyyy alot of glue down, and on super warm days i also noticed it started to peel off, i had to use some silicone.

i need to find a better replaced glue. hot glue gun doesnt work well neither.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #38
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

lol yooo what's up f20! duuuude I love DIYs, it gives your car waaaay more character if you actually put the effort into constructing everything and most parts to make your car's appearance hehe

yeah, that's what i'm afraid of... but if it comes down to where i have to redo it, i'll be ready, since now i know how to reupholster, it's just the gluing process and wedging it in the cracks that i have to worry about. theres already some trouble spots from when i did it, and there wasn't enough glue down, but i'll get back to it when it gets really bad. hopefully it won't get TOO bad, haha!

thanks! I'd like to know what better glues there are that i can get my hands on. the guy at home depot was like "yeah, i wouldn't get 90 over 80, i'd get 80 strength since it's designed for vinyl... 90 might melt your stuff" and i was like "OH NOO WAYYYY :O" and i left with 80 haha

the can says it'll work for automotive headliner, so i figured it'd be okay with the heat and all

Last edited by P5ylance; 07-22-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #39
F20A CB7
Contributing Member

tomorow ill snap shots of my interior where the glue is comin apart and the can. the can was 20 fukin bucks, bug=t got it on sale for 10. ill never ever buy that glue in a can again.

see, i always preheat my viynal b4 i lay it down, and make sure the surface is extra clean b4 i put the glue down, its just messy to me.

edit- im doing a diy license plate using blk viynal. for my front bumper, ill take shots of that later as well.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #40
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

gonna call this wheel store around my area and see if they have this wheel in stock... and if it comes in 4-lug *crosses fingers*

http://torowheels.com/img/pic/25.jpg

18x7.5, i think he said the offsets for most of the wheels would be like 38-44~ish, does anyone know if that would fit my car without rolling of fenders or something? what size tires would fit? cuz i know i still have a two-finger gap (Tokico Blue HP + H&R Sport Springs) between my fender and wheels, so it should clearr....???

Tags
1992 , accord , bippu style , p5ylance , vip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: