CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #81
Clean_4th gen
CB7tuner Member

Clean_4th gen is cool... so far.
Looking good brother, what do you mean by painting the grille to resemble the Civic SI?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #82
Nurega
CB7tuner Member

Nurega is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5ylance View Post
For the springs/struts, i found them together for $240 this past summer because someone was parting out their 5th gen, and i decided to get these so i could lower my car ASAP. They ride pretty nice, wasn't too big of a change in comfort from my stocks, a little bumpy though
Teins? i'm interested in coilovers down the line definitely, do you know anyone who has Teins and can describe their ride quality? and do they go pretty low as well? i know a lot of people on here run the Function Forms as well. I'm still trying to understand the benefits of some coilovers over others.
I just looked up the springrates for the H&R Sport springs, and I was actually wrong; they're barely stiffer than my Tein S-tech spring setup.

Member ikayto has Tein SS coilovers, and although I haven't ridden in his car, I've heard the ride is only marginally stiffer (approximately 50% springrate difference) than the S-tech setup. Since the SS has springs and dampers made for each other, there is absolutely none of the bounciness we see in the suspension setups you and I witness occasionally.

Here is the spring compilation thread, to compare springrates:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

As far as going low, here is the Tein suspension setup spec:
http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a16-cb7.html
The SS coilovers allow for a maximum 3.3 inch (F) and 2.46 inch (R) drop.

Here's a photo with the two of our cars side by side, with mine on OEM suspension and his on SS:

I don't want to hog your MRT, so I'll put the other photos as links:
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1284530705
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1284530705

Last edited by Nurega; 09-15-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Nurega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #83
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
Looking good brother, what do you mean by painting the grille to resemble the Civic SI?
wow, i just checked and they really changed their grille styles for this Gen civic hella fast. anyways, this grille!

andddd this is my grille. the "wings" are not as thick as the civic's grille, but i wanted to try something different from the all-black, and noticed my grille can come off in different parts
Old 09-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #84
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
@Nurega: in the suspension compilation, what do these numbers mean?

Tein SS: 336F, 280R (3.3"F, 2.5"R) Damping adjustable: ?

I noticed the FFs have 672F, does that equate to them being stiffer up front?

i'm liking the Tein drop, hehe
Old 09-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #85
Nurega
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
@Nurega: in the suspension compilation, what do these numbers mean?

Tein SS: 336F, 280R (3.3"F, 2.5"R) Damping adjustable: ?

I noticed the FFs have 672F, does that equate to them being stiffer up front?

i'm liking the Tein drop, hehe
The "336" and "280" numbers are in lbs/inch, a measure of stiffness. If you've ever played Gran Turismo, this is the american-unit version of suspension stiffness, or kgf/mm. It's hard to explain through writing, so just think of it as a measure of stiffness; higher is stiffer, lower is softer. Tein H-tech springs are the closest to OEM in terms of stiffness, so we can assume it's stiffness ratings are about the same as OEM.

Since FFs have 672 up front, then yeah, it'd be pretty freaking stiff
People probably like them because handling improves dramatically, and damping force is designed with the stiffness in mind (ie, no bounciness).

The "3.3" and "2.5" are in inches, how much the car is dropped in the front and rear.

I see you use the term "hella". You from northern california?

Last edited by Nurega; 09-15-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #86
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

The tein stiffness is good enough for daily driving though, right? no bottoming out? I'm worried about rubbing when i do go lower. But it looks like Tein is the only one of all the coilovers that are close to DD comfort. The other ones are mad stiff :\ thanks for introducing me to some more information on coilovers though, i appreciate it!

then again, i don't wanna break my back with super stiff suspension it'd be fun! for a while. until i gotta use the restroom.

yup, i am wow, is "hella" that distinct? haha
Old 09-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #87
Nurega
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
The tein stiffness is good enough for daily driving though, right? no bottoming out? I'm worried about rubbing when i do go lower. But it looks like Tein is the only one of all the coilovers that are close to DD comfort. The other ones are mad stiff :\ thanks for introducing me to some more information on coilovers though, i appreciate it!

yup, i am wow, is "hella" that distinct? haha
It should be okay for daily driving, but you should PM somebody who is using the SS to get a better idea.

And yeah, I'm originally from San Jose, and miss saying "hella". People give me nasty looks when I say it in LA.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #88
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

maybe i'll get Tein SS for my Future NSX then hehe I was talking with some friends today about suspension, and i came to the conclusion that teins are way out of my price range I'll probably run FF Type 1s, since they're more affordable and i can get the height that i want with them. lot of people on here say they ride pretty well, so hoping thats a good sign!

ohh yeahhh, i went to Southern Cali a couple times, everyone looks at you like you've got a disease or something haha so i just say it to mess with my friends down there
Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #89
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Lots of time and effort put into this ride! Interior work looks really nice. It's all about the subtleties, and everything here is supper clean.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #90
Nurega
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
...came to the conclusion that teins are way out of my price range I'll probably run FF Type 1s, since they're more affordable and i can get the height that i want with them. lot of people on here say they ride pretty well, so hoping thats a good sign!
Good luck! It is true though, Tein suspension does cost quite a bit.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:18 AM   #91
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

One of the Best Junkyard Hunts This Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurega View Post
Good luck! It is true though, Tein suspension does cost quite a bit.
thanks! my friend who drives a 6G accord coupe is planning on doing FFs as well next year, so i might probably buy them with him when it comes time

I have new pics!!! I recently went to the junkyards, and if you didn't already know, my JYs are kinda wack. The stuff you'd probably find uncommon in your JYs are rare for me, and the rare stuff in your yards are practically non-existent! But, a couple days ago was one of my best JY runs in a long time, and I was able to get quite a few good items and some trim pieces that I needed

Black Leather DA Integra Headrests - Near Mint!

Spare Console Trim - NOT BROKEN!!!

^planning on TypeG'ing it and polishing it up to a high gloss shine

Coupe Side Mirrors - BLACK!!!

5G Accord OEM Floormats - Complete set, metal badges still there!!

^Gonna clean these up, bleach them, and dye them black, then polish up the badges to get that metallic shine

OEM Honda Cassette Stereo - Complete with mounting bracket and Single-Din Pocket!!!

OEM 9293 Amber Reflectors - OEM!!!

Domelight Lens - Just for kicks!!

^gonna polish it up, drill a hole in the middle and string a disco ball through it, just for fun hahaha

Also, some stuff just came in the mail recently

Tommi's coupe window regulators and OEM wheel locks came in!

Fogs from eBay auction too!

^came with foglight switch, pigtails, and all screws and hardware

And for GhostAccord and those who are curious about what my grill looks like from further away:

Last edited by P5ylance; 09-19-2010 at 12:23 AM.
P5ylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #92
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
Lots of time and effort put into this ride! Interior work looks really nice. It's all about the subtleties, and everything here is supper clean.
thanks! I really appreciate you stopping by and checking it out theres some final things left in the interior to do, like finishing up my upholstery project (waiting on some stronger glue) and a new sound system down the line , then after that I can focus more on the exterior
Old 09-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #93
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

PS: if anyone has a spare set of C-Pillar HoA badges, I'm interested in buying them... but only for like up to $40 shipped, more or less. so if you're out to make money, then i can't afford your stuff, haha. but if you're willing and would like to help me and lily get closer to that VIP status, smiles will come. My PM box is open

Oh, BTW, this is the new Toyota Crown, the car that inspired me to want these badges in the first place. its pillar badges are gold crowns woooot

Last edited by P5ylance; 09-26-2010 at 01:57 AM.
P5ylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #94
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Idle Woes Solved!

Oh yeah, and I fixed my idle issue!

for those who don't know, I scrapped the h23 plenum upgrade and went back to stock (gonna sell the plenum so i can get myself a shiny black wii soon), but the bouncing idle was still around. I remembered that I had unscrewed the FITV on the A6 plenum because i was gonna go back and warm it up and tighten it accordingly when i remembered... well, i just remembered, and tightened it back down, and now Lily is purrrring once again, but this time even better! time to get my MPG calculations going again!!! 25MPG Mixed here I come!!

that pesky FITV. haha
Old 09-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #95
Shadow1
MidAtlantic Regional Mod

Shadow1 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow1
good to hear man. CB is looking mad clean tho. UGH i hate you. lol.
Shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #96
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

lol, love is in the air thanks! she needs a wash bad. since the whole idle debacle, I didn't drive her much and didn't wash her, so she's got dirt trails all over her. you don't see it in the pics though, but mmmm she grimy hahaha!

I also need to change the oil. its been 3500 miles now, and its starting to get black. Oh, would anyone happen to know what causes an engine to burn oil? cuz i have to refill every 2 weeks or so. more often if i just did an oil change and its all new inside.

rims came in! so did some HOA badges that H22Wagon93 sold me! new grille (i can finally make my Junction Produce Grille) and jdm one-piecers come in tomorrow!!! and my JDM side door mouldings are in San Francisco right now! I need clips though. i'm thoroughly excited for this weeks loot! and also, my sister gave me her Creative Zen Vision:M MP3 player, but it was a brick for 2 years. i'm finally pulling it back out and i'm gonna replace the HDD and the battery and get it up and running again

anyhoo, rim pics! sorry, it was at night so the only light was from my flash.

^Riverside Altstadt 4x114.3 17"

^ about a 1" lip

HOA Badges. Not gonna mount until i have another set (freakin thieves.. *grumble grumble*)

thanks for coming by! a whole bunch of new stuff came in!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #97
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Integrated Blinkers in OEM Side Mirrors

Would anyone know if our OEM side mirrors would have enough space to retrofit some side mirror blinkers from another car? such as these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...item562af09704

I'm interested in this project, since the JDM one-piecers knock out the blinking corner function, and I don't want sidemarkers.

BTW, I'm planning on integrating blinkers with my Power-Folding Mirrors, so do the motors in those take up a lot of space?

Also, what cars in the junkyard do you know of would have side mirror blinkers? trying to find something close to the curvature of the OEM ones. I will be going to the junkyard someday soon to go check and see what they have, but if anyone can chime in on this, I'd love to get this project going and probably make a DIY for you all well, at least the retrofitting. I'm terrible at wiring so that's gonna wait for a bit.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #98
Joshy
Contributing Member

Joshy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Joshy
Daaaaamn! Look at all those parts. Your new wheels are BALLER!

As for the Mercedes mirror marker retrofit, take a look at these photos taken by almostJDM, from his PFM DIY. It'll be a very tight fit, that's for sure. The curvature of the CB mirror is sharper than on those markers. Also take a look at where the housing's screw points are.

...still, I think it can be done!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #99
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

haha thanks! luckiest find ever with these wheels! I got them from this person, he has a dumpload of rims available for amazing prices! other parts also for fairlady Z's, S13s, and Skylines.

http://www.importconcern.ca/

They are currently on, i just haven't had time to take pics yet! will get some pictures up soon enough i got a dumpload of parts these past three weeks, i think i spent roughly ~$1500 on parts. shat! best/worst/last (for a while) splurge EVAR. ap716's one-piecers and replica grilles came in a couple days ago too, so i'm just gonna clean em up for now

The new hard drive and battery for my Zen Vision:M 30GB finally came in and I have successfully turned my brick to sickKKK!!!!

yeah, definitely those Merc blinkers are too sharp, but just to get an idea of what i was trying to get at I wonder what cars out in the junkyards have them. otherwise, i might have to think of something else. I want the long bar look, but i do have some of those "M3 style side mirrors" that have the side blinker that i could gut off and put them on mine, but they're kinda oval-ish, and i dont want to gut them if i can find some OEM ones that'll look better.

Damn you CB mirror for being so sleek and sexy, there's barely any room to make you even better than you are!

Maybe even some integrated puddle lights?? haha my side mirrors are gonna be christmas trees, siiickkkk
Old 09-26-2010, 02:05 AM   #100
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

Joshy's New Sig

Hahaha, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Geez, I have the audio of one of those scenes recorded on a tape cassette, lol! mad old!

Tags
1992 , accord , bippu style , p5ylance , vip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: