No announcement yet.

F22Chris : 1991 VW Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. I actually like seeing some of the german engineering. I vote you keep the thread going. I can't believe that forged piston took that much of a beating. Seriously! Without even damaging the cylinder walls. How did the head and valves look? I really like the flat olive green on this thing, just seems to belong on it.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Don't be that guy. Keep it going here. It's a good read.
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
        Don't be that guy. Keep it going here. It's a good read.
        I'll just copy and paste then.

And the valves are fine. I heard the engine run. It didn't misfire or anything. The head is a lot less chewed up than the piston, but it's there. It chewed an electrode I think.
        Last edited by F22Chris; 05-04-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I'll just keep it going on here. Vortex isn't quite the same. The people there are like 80 years old and set in their ways. There's nothing wrong with that, but they look down on people which isn't cool. That, and people don't care unless you're doing some wild vr6t/r32 swap.

Anyway.. Got the door done. I'm sorry for the light. I was trying to spot imperfections better.

Comment

Also painted the hatch so it's all one color now.
            Last edited by F22Chris; 05-20-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

New doors aren't on yet, but our pool opened up. There was a swim meet so all the parking sports were taken so I parked in the circle. I liked the way it looked so I snapped a picture.

Comment

No keep it going here!!!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

What brand paint are you using?

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Krylon satin olive. It goes on thick, and doesn't really have any orange peel.

Comment

Got some trim parts. Exterior is finally done. Now I just need door cards, pillars, rocker skirts, and a knee board for the inside and I'll be done.

Comment

Got some dish pistons, rods, and OEM bearings. Once tax money gets here I'm gonna clean and rip apart the block so I can bring it inside.

Anybody have an opinion on quality rings? I was going to get Goetze rings.

Comment

New doors on.

Comment

OEM Rings? Never really searched for aftermarket rings on any car before.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

GAP wants 130 for new OEM rings which were Mahle I'm pretty sure. But they're 70 something on RA. I'll just get those.

I finally got paid for my cars too from the insurance.

Comment

Donor pistons. Gotta chem dip them still.

Also got everything out but the crank. Doesn't look too bad considering what I found in the oil pan, and how that piston looked..

Comment

Working...
                                X