Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a wont rev over 3k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a wont rev over 3k

Hello. Soo i just traded my Mazda 6 for a 1992 Accord with a h22a and a 5 speed swap. I was driving home and i hit a massive dip in the road basically the car jumped. and the cluster and the clock stopped working. only the fuel gauge works and the car wont rev over 3k rpm or whatever the 2 step is set at. im a complete noob to this. idk what trans it was swapped to other than it has an lsd 5speed. i tried disconnecting the ecu and the battery for 15 mins i check all the connectors fusees and the o2 sensor and everything seems fine. and i do not have a check engine light. also my first post. any help will be appreciated

That massive picture makes reading this extremely difficult.

Not revving over 3k is usually “limp mode”.

First, does your check engine light work? It should come on briefly when you turn the car on. If it doesn’t, replace the bulb.

If your ECU wasn’t properly secured, it may have gotten damaged. Honestly, I would yank whatever custom-programmed junk you have in there and pick up a stock 92-95 P13 ECU.

Picking up someone else’s project is always risky. Troubleshooting work that you didn’t do and don’t understand fully can be a nightmare. We’ll try to help... but without knowing the quality of the swap, we could be chasing tons of gremlins.

Comment

it wasnt. it was being held down by the carpet. and i honestly didnt expect the picture to come out this way. figured it will auto shrink it or something. and alright ill try that.

Comment

We used to have an auto-size feature, but we lost the code in a crash. The guy that did it disappeared, and we haven’t been able to replicate it without issues. Stupid old software!

Check that the CEL works. If it does, we can dig deeper.

Actually, try this. Unplug your o2 sensor and tie the wire out of the way so it doesn’t get damaged. Drive around a bit until the car reaches operating temperature. Don’t beat on it, but see if that changes anything. Unplugging the sensor will force the ECU to run in open loop mode.

Comment

Also, check your wiring grounds, it is possible that one or more than one came loose in the jump. Almost all the gauges going out leads me to think that is a possibility.

Another thing to check, specifically for the rev issue, is your TPS (throttle position sensor on the back of the throttle body). If that has come unplugged from the harness, the car will not rev over ~2k because the ECU thinks the throttle is all the way closed and cuts fuel/ignition to bring the rpms back down.

That's a long shot, but it's so easy to check.
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Good point about the grounds. I had the fender ground snap, but because it was such a stiff wire it kinda held itself in place. My battery wasn’t tied down tight, so bumps and hard turns would cause all sorts of weird things to happen.

Comment

A particular ground you absolutely need to check is the ECU's main ground on the thermostat housing. You will most likely need to move the coil out of the way to see, but there should be a ground from the wiring harness to the thermostat housing on the passenger's side. Make sure that ground is not loose.
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
              X