Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car Accelerates Really High On Its Own!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Accelerates Really High On Its Own!

i turn my car on and it accelerates over 7,000 rpm and stays like that i need help i really need my car for work!

better start inspecting the throttle cable and also remove the intake to see if something is physically holding the accelerator open. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

^^Agreed.
      Or a massive airleak - is the throttle body/intake manifold secure?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

is it a toyota?

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
          is it a toyota?
          I understand what you are trying to get at, but honestly it wouldn't matter if it was a lawnmower, the principle is the same for this particular question.

OP Can you give more details on the vehicle / engine?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

its a 92 honda accord automatic

Comment

kinda sounds like throttle cable. I had a 92 wagon and one day out the blue the gas got stuck...look at the cable, if its very rusty and rubber protector is all chuwed up chances are thats the cause

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                kinda sounds like throttle cable. I had a 92 wagon and one day out the blue the gas got stuck...look at the cable, if its very rusty and rubber protector is all chuwed up chances are thats the cause
                same thind happened to me in my old maxima. was driving down the interstate 4 hours from home, no clue about anything mechanical(was like 10 years ago) and all the sudden my car started red lining. after scratching my head looking at the engine for 10 minutes i was like wtf is that acorn doing there. i dont think an acorn is part of the motor. so it had gotten stuck in the throttle cable and i removed it and it was golden.

so my guess would be throttle cable first, then maybe gas pedal stuck? idk random thought but stranger things have happened.
                Parts For Sale
                BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                  ^^Agreed.
                  Or a massive airleak - is the throttle body/intake manifold secure?
                  how does an airleak in the throttle body/intake manifold increase the rpms?

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                    how does an airleak in the throttle body/intake manifold increase the rpms?
                    The same way opening the throttle plate does.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Although less likely check the spring on the throttle key(on the TB). A friend of mine's broke and it had the same symptoms.
                      Call me Travis.
                      2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                      1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                      1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                      1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Working...
                      X