Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ECU manual to auto question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU manual to auto question

I have an a6 manual that is going into an a1 auto, but I have to keep the auto trans. I understand I need to use the a6 ecu in order to operate the secondary intake and the proper fuel map, but what do I do about the trans part for the ecu?
    Also, which engine harness do I use? I intended to use the a1 due to its additional trans sensors but noticed there's a sensor under the a6's intake on a vaccum box that the a1 doesn't have. What wiring do I need to finish this conversion?

You’ll need an auto PT6 ECU (A6 ECU).
    As for the wiring, you can simply add the necessary wires for the IAB system. Everything else should work from your A1 setup.

Comment

Thank you Deev. Is that added all the way back to the ECU or would the connector at the firewall going into the footwell have the correct wiring?

Comment

I THINK it’s back to the ECU. Check the pinout and how your A1 plug is wired.
        I had a shop swap out my A1 for an H22 before I knew very much. Learned years later that my IAB setup was done wrong, but I never got around to fixing it.

Comment

I put an A6 in my 90 LX. I had the bypass valve on the intake upstream of the air filter. I swapped the wire for the solenoid for this valve at the ECU into the position to operate the IAB solenoid. I got the wires for the IAB solenoid from an A6 harness from a JY and swapped them into the harness in the engine bay.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I intend to yank the plug for the iab from the donor engine, I'm headed to the JY now to grab the ECU and maybe the whole engine harness and then I only need to run the line from the firewall to ECU for iab.
            The car I'm installing this in is a 10th anniversary, it has rear disc brakes, was that common? I thought I read that it was a dx with a couple "extras"
            I ask because, it seems more like an ex but doesn't have a moon roof... and a busted a1 engine.

Comment

It’s basically an LX with “extras”. Rear disc brakes were one of those extras.

It’s somewhere between LX and EX, basically. It has the LX/DX engine and roof. EX alloys and brakes. And painted moldings, which are unique to the 10AE (and maybe S.E... memory fails me.)

Comment

SE models also had painted moldings.

Based on Majestic's site, the 93 10AE did not have the bypass valve upstream of the air filter, so it may have the wires for that in the harness from the ECU to the engine bay.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

confirmed last night that the pink/blue wire that grounds to the ECU for the IAB is not in the firewall harness. The 12+V wire location in the EX model harness is occupied with some other wire in the 10AE.
                  However, the plug on the 10AE does have 2 open pin spots, the pink/blue location is available and the top right corner when looking at the engine harness plug.
                  I'll be using both to wire the IAB up. I'll have to find a 12+V source for the other to splice into.
                  Thanks again for the info.

Comment

There is a 12v power source you can tap into, inside the black box on the firewall. I've used this for my DCC setup. I'm sure there might be something closer in the harness but this might be worth looking into.
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Noobie here, what's a DCC setup? I was looking more for a power source on the firewall plug that goes to the ECU. I need to probe where the power comes from on the EX to get an idea of where to look. I like to keep the electrical as clean as possible, lord knows months from now I won't remember where I sourced power from.

Comment

Working...
                      X