Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

post rebuild start-up issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post rebuild start-up issues

so, I bought a 92 Accord F22A6 MT when I was in the Navy, it had shot piston rings but otherwise was perfect. Now that I am out of the Navy I have had time to rebuild her. I replaced the rings and what not as I should according to the manual. Its worth noting that I also took this tome to remove the entire A/C system , the Cruise Control unit, and rerouted the fuse box into the cabin. when I put it back together I made sure to torque everything and lube the snot out of her . now that i am ready to restart her, she just wont do it. I tracked down a fuel pump issue and fixed the main relaywires that broke. I havent checked the ignition system yet, but I want to make sure I have not missed anything before I delve into that jungle of wires. I think I got the timing right, if not its only off by a tooth. she did sit for over a month during the rebuild. does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this issue, i would love to hear any of your suggestions and advice. did I miss any info? thanks guys and galls

when you say " she just wont do it" what are u implying?
    does it turn over but not fire?
    does it not turn over?
    when i was like 17 i had an issue like this that left me confused for a few days. its turned out i forgot to re install the ECU fuse.
    so now i always try to remember the simple stuff before i tear stuff apart.
    but we need more descriptive info before we can help bruh

Comment

Yeah, my bad. It turns but won't fire. It doesn't even sound like it's trying.I know for a fact the fuses are good.... unless the ECU fuse is obscure or hidden. My best guestimate is ignition coil or distributor cap. I heard a couple electric popping sounds the first few times I attempted firing her up.

Comment

You really shouldn't have done any of the other things as it can, and in this case has, impeded your ability to test your rebuilt engine. I'm sure you're aware of this now.

Get a used distributor and coil from the junkyard to use as test pieces. If they don't work, take them back or keep them as spares.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

So I was able to confirm that I am getting 12v as far as the wire from the ignition coil to the distributor. The issue must be happening in the distributor. Has anyone ever taken the distributor apart or had issues with it?

Comment

Are you getting spark at the plugs?

Remove the plug and place the electrode by a bolt and see if you get a spark...don't get shocked...it tickles.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yea u may check the igniter. I think it's a fairly cheap part. For sure do the steps to check for spark. If u got spark, check for fuel if u got fuel u may suspect a timing issue

Comment

IT happened to me when i did my swap... it turns but it wont fire,, we opened the dizzy then replace the coil.. then... bam.... it fired up...

Comment

Yeah,,, I definitely have no spark ,but a solid 12V Right before the distributor.

Comment

There is a problem with your ignitor or coil. Coils normally don't die, so I would replace the ignitor first.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Can you hear your fuel pump prime and does the CEL light come on when you turn the key to the II position?
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

No CEL. Can some one link or post a pic of the "igniter"

Comment

Even better would be instructions on how to test said igniter

Comment

Well if you don't see the CEL when the ignition is turned on I wouldn't bother testing the ignitor. I would say that it might be an ECU power or ground issue. Check to make sure the main ground on the thermostat is clean and tight.

If you still need to test the ignitor after that here it is;

http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1e/bl446e.htm

I know that it says that it is for a Prelude, they use the same ignitor and wire colours. Testing most Honda ignitors is the same procedure no matter what chassis.

or you could use this one; http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1h/bl415h.htm
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ok, the ICM Igniter is good. Still doesn't start

Comment

Working...
                              X