CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #981
Andrewasoar
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 60
Andrewasoar is cool... so far.
I'm so excited for you man! You've been waiting for a while.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb9love View Post
when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.
Andrewasoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #982
Xclusive1
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 60
Xclusive1 is cool... so far.
Congrats on that first stat up!!
Xclusive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #983
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by laz93se View Post
Fvcking awesome!!!! I bet you can't wait to rip it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewasoar View Post
I'm so excited for you man! You've been waiting for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive1 View Post
Congrats on that first stat up!!

Thanks folks! I cannot wait to rip this thing up and yes, I have been waiting for years for this!!
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #984
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
And if you guys/girls don't mind can you give me some more stars (votes) up top. Thanks
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #985
cb9love
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: columbus ohio
Posts: 358
cb9love is cool... so far.
great car, great work, NOW SHOW ME MELTED TIRES AND I'LL SHOW YOU STARS LOL
__________________
CB7TUNER.com
Educating each other one car at a time.
cb9love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #986
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb9love View Post
great car, great work, NOW SHOW ME MELTED TIRES AND I'LL SHOW YOU STARS LOL
haha, will do.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #987
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Well ran into the first big snag with the car and I'm not too happy. I guess the only place i can vent is here.

When we first turned the car power on (ACC) Smanager/Hondata threw a ton of codes! All codes actually, and the tuner guy said "I think your computer is toast man". This of course was impossible as it was a brand new S300 from HAMotorsports and I have faith in their products.
He finally determined that the connector wasn't plugged in all the way, and he fired the car up, no issues. After a day goes by he writes me and says he cannot flash the ECU with a new file, says it won't take the new file. He said all signs point to it being a bad ECU and bad solder joints on the ECU.

He gave the ECU to a buddy of his to check out and he said there are no issues with it.

So. He is going to try a another ECU and see what happens. HAMotorsports said they would test the ECU and replace free of charge of course. BUT....... I can't help but think that the tuner guy fooked this ECU somehow when he gave it power with plugs half in......

either way....... I'm not impressed. I know it will be fixed in time but it will be weeks before this gets fixed
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #988
aww_shiet
Accord of the Year: 2006
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,034
aww_shiet is cool... so far.
oh fuck. you got this tho!
__________________
Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram
aww_shiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #989
H311RA151N
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Oasis, Iowa
Posts: 2,341
H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Well ran into the first big snag with the car and I'm not too happy. I guess the only place i can vent is here.

When we first turned the car power on (ACC) Smanager/Hondata threw a ton of codes! All codes actually, and the tuner guy said "I think your computer is toast man". This of course was impossible as it was a brand new S300 from HAMotorsports and I have faith in their products.
He finally determined that the connector wasn't plugged in all the way, and he fired the car up, no issues. After a day goes by he writes me and says he cannot flash the ECU with a new file, says it won't take the new file. He said all signs point to it being a bad ECU and bad solder joints on the ECU.

He gave the ECU to a buddy of his to check out and he said there are no issues with it.

So. He is going to try a another ECU and see what happens. HAMotorsports said they would test the ECU and replace free of charge of course. BUT....... I can't help but think that the tuner guy fooked this ECU somehow when he gave it power with plugs half in......

either way....... I'm not impressed. I know it will be fixed in time but it will be weeks before this gets fixed
Yeah... that would piss me off too if that is in fact the case. I know very little about tuning but if that's what happened that really sucks... I hope not man.

Shit, I was expecting something really bad when I first started reading your post, don't do that to me man!

You will get 'er lined out. You have came this far. Ain't no thang.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryaccordy View Post
Holy fuck, it's the weekend man.
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #990
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
I wouldn't feel bad if the tuner fessed up to his mistakes (assuming he messed it up). But if I send this ECU back to California and they determine the tuner guy fubar'd it up and no-one wants to cough up the $$$ to replace it. .... I will lose it! Because right now I have the tuner saying its not his fault and stating the ECU is bad and not admitting any mistakes he may have made, which I can't prove anyways. No matter which one of them are guilty they will both deny it so they don't have to pay the cost of a new S300 ECU. And the tuner could be in the right too, he could of done nothing wrong. The ECU could of broke a solder joint during shipping ....


Anywho............ as sad as I am over this, on with show



Not sure I'll ever use this...
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #991
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Confirmed. The S300 ECU I have is toast. Another known good ECU works fine. Time to send it back and cross my fingers that they send a new one.

pretty pissed off
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #992
Andrewasoar
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 60
Andrewasoar is cool... so far.
Awe man I'm sorry to hear about what happened. But hopefully they replace it and you'll be all set. Good luck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb9love View Post
when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.
Andrewasoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #993
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewasoar View Post
Awe man I'm sorry to hear about what happened. But hopefully they replace it and you'll be all set. Good luck.
Thanks man.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #994
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
So I'm jealous of the junk yards in the US where they actually have our cars. The large junk yards don't carry our cars anymore, and the smaller ones that do look like this...



But what we came here for is this........


...
...
........
........... which had these ........



I still need to clean them up.

Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #995
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/H...GTR-2014-07-25
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #996
af_1132
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 494
af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Oh gosh, that is a reeeeal drag. I hope the one truly at fault takes the blame for what happened and takes care of the situation.

Now that the P1 GTR is coming out, there needs to be a set of races on Top Gear between that and the Zonda R, and maybe a few more race ready hyper cars.
__________________
*** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."


MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #997
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by af_1132 View Post
Oh gosh, that is a reeeeal drag. I hope the one truly at fault takes the blame for what happened and takes care of the situation.

Now that the P1 GTR is coming out, there needs to be a set of races on Top Gear between that and the Zonda R, and maybe a few more race ready hyper cars.
The Zonda R was always my favorite car. But I also had no idea about this, I can't imagine what these folks will come up with next....
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #998
af_1132
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 494
af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Me too! Top Gear does such a great job on their reviews (everything, really), and even their analyses of test track laps are art. Before their review of the Zonda R, I was head over heels for the Veyron SS, primarily because of their rundown of its performance lap around the test track.

I was sad when the Super Veyron concept was tanked. I just hope this new concept is not some mish mash super-hyper-sedan-electric-hybrid-identity crisis. I could see them taking the electric/hybrid route, however, considering the current fuel prices and green trends.

I would love to see the Konigsegg Agera R, the P1/P1 GTR, the Hennesy Venom GT, and the Zonda R battle it out in a bunch of different challenges on that show.

Who knows, the Jun Lemon R33 Skyline made it on Top Gear years ago, maybe your CB will be next!
__________________
*** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."


MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #999
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Dam, i miss Top Gear. They seriously need to get back on TV soon. I don't care if they review a Ford Focus, they're awesome to watch!! Favorite show of all time!

Today I went to a car meet.


It was ok. I was driving the 2000 silver accord SE. My g/f brought her dads 2007 Pontiac Trans-am with a rebuild 350 with sports transmission and chipped ECU. I drove that around after the meet all evening and went for a drive. What a fun car! It will break the tires loose no problem! The amount of power it has demands respect, i will admit. It can scare ya if you're not careful.

After that my 2000 accord felt like it had the power of a lawn mower :P
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:13 PM   #1000
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 2,932
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Well, send the S300 back to California, the supplier tested it and it passed all tests. Not sure who's lying now..
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.