FatManChunk : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FatManChunk : 1991 Accord LX

This isnt my first accord but its my first project Accord.
    Say hello to Project : GRAFFITI

Here is the Info:
    1991 Accord Lx
    White(covered in Graffiti)
    Odo is 269k+

ENGINE
    Stock

EXTERIOR
    One-off graffiti spray paint job by KBM(local artist)
    JDM 90-91 one piece headlights(for now, being sold)
    USDM fog lights

SUSPENSION
    KONI Yellow SP3
    NUESPEED Race springs
    17"x7" Wheels(no branding)

BRAKES
    Stock

INTERIOR
    Stock except for cheapy Wal-Mart Pioneer

FUTURE PLANS
    Already have most of the parts for a "DSM" turbo setup. Just need an ECU and charge piping.
    Custom cut and stretched fenders/quarters to tuck 18"x8" WITHOUT rubbing.
    Going to respray the car white and then attack it with a case of Sharpie markers.
    Also have some "extreme" front and rear aero pieces planned(already being formed now).
    Full audio setup. Infiniti in the doors/deck and Sundown in the trunk.

I just bought the car a week or two ago, right now going through it with a fine tooth comb doing maintanence. I take tons of pictures of mundane things, so youve been WARNED. Let the fun begin!
    Last edited by Joey GT-R; 09-17-2014, 07:39 PM.

Todays progress

Doing some minor maint today. New distributor, cap, rotor, wires, and plugs. Also got a new gas cap, because it didnt come with one, just a rag in in the hole(WTF!?!). Took out the intake piping since my front bumper was already off. Put on a new radiator cap since it took pliers to pull off the old one(cheap insurance).

Pictures as warned...

Intake box out!

New Radiator Cap(caught my mistake by wildBill83).

Old dirty busted dizzy:

New shiny dizzy(with new bolts as well):

Old spark plugs soaked in oil:

So to add to the to-do list: valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals.
    Last edited by FatManChunk; 09-17-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

More body shots

Forgot to post more shots of the body.

Comment

Dude ... that's not a thermostat. The thermostat is around near the throttle body.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Dude ... that's not a thermostat. The thermostat is around near the throttle body.
          You are entirely correct. Been a long day. I shall correct. I did buy a new thermostat though.

Comment

I take tons of pictures of mundane things, so youve been WARNED. Let the fun begin!
            Bring on the pics.

So you're going for something like below or will you add color to your sharpie project?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
              Bring on the pics.

So you're going for something like below or will you add color to your sharpie project?

Oh fuck yes. That guy was the inspiration. Except less internet slang and more food based items.

Comment

Oh fuck yes. That guy was the inspiration. Except less internet slang and more food based items. I heart me some food references
                " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Originally posted by FatManChunk View Post
                  Oh fuck yes. That guy was the inspiration. Except less internet slang and more food based items.
                  thank you....i wish i could inspire everyone!
                  SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

Finally got somewhere on the car tonight. Installed a new battery since the other wanted to die just a couple days after I bought the car.

Also, noticed a bubbling leak from my radiator neck. Seems like a good reason to pick up that Aluminum one that Ive been eye-balling.

Did a full electrical check. All sockets and bulbs work though I have an intermittent BRAKE LAMP light lit up on the cluster. Kinda annoying.

But since I got a new battery, I finally get to check and see if the new distributor works. Runs like a champ now. Just need final timing done.

Now to start the detailing process. Ugh, i HATE cleaning inside of cars...

Comment

Working...
                    X