Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
    Damn those look good! Glad I could share and get someone doing cool stuff Nice setup too!
    Hey, I appreciate you stopping by and showing me the light on this! I wouldn't of done it if you didn't. Last night was frustrating though, for hours I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I changed the water, re-did the wiring, even cleaned all the anodes, and still it would not work. Finally figured out that the positive lead of the charger needed a non rusty spot to hook to on the rebar!

Q - How often do I need to add soap? Everytime?
    Q - How often do I need to change the water?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Hey, I appreciate you stopping by and showing me the light on this! I wouldn't of done it if you didn't. Last night was frustrating though, for hours I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I changed the water, re-did the wiring, even cleaned all the anodes, and still it would not work. Finally figured out that the positive lead of the charger needed a non rusty spot to hook to on the rebar!

Q - How often do I need to add soap? Everytime?
      Q - How often do I need to change the water?
      Glad I could be of assistance next time you could take off a wire nut and just connect there if you wanted, having good continuity will increase the speed in the reaction.

1) With a fresh batch of electrolyte, itll last. With mine running over extended periods my water level dropped a bit over a week, I just added some fresh water.

2) Whenever you feel necessary, when I did the knuckles it was a murky frothy nasty concoction , but after a few days of inactivity, all the particulate settled and the water looked nice and clear again. But being as my bucket had electrodes on the bottom I didnt want them insulated from the work, So Id hose out the bucket and change it out. If i was a stickler im sure I couldve siphoned the water out till I got to the muck, and reused it. Ive got a 50 pound bag of baking soda i use for the electrolyte so I wasnt worried about being wasteful.
      Last edited by illinois_erik; 12-16-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Someone should make a DIY on the rust removal, I'm kinda interested now. It's way better than taking a air powered metal brush.
        For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
          Someone should make a DIY on the rust removal, I'm kinda interested now. It's way better than taking a air powered metal brush.
          HHmmm, I will admit that one needs to feel comfortable doing this. I have a background in electrical/PC components and was fully comfortable using electricity with water and knowing what to not do.

Not sure how safe this is for some people I know...... haha.

Comment

well put

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              HHmmm, I will admit that one needs to feel comfortable doing this. I have a background in electrical/PC components and was fully comfortable using electricity with water and knowing what to not do.

Not sure how safe this is for some people I know...... haha.
              Wow, that's pretty bad. I guess people will always find a way to injure themselves.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Wow, that's pretty bad. I guess people will always find a way to injure themselves.
                  I still find entertainment in sticking forks in outlets.
                  Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                    I still find entertainment in sticking forks in outlets.
                    I prefer knives myself.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So taking the sleeves out of the front upper control arm pieces were difficult at first. But i figured out that if you cut a relieve strip then they will slide right out. So the steps i did were:

1. using a hacksaw cut two stripes down the sleeve
                      2. use a chisel and hammer to get this section to start to peel back
                      3. use a air chisel to finish the peeling (once half way peeled the whole unit will start to come out on its own

Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

i pretty much did the same route. i did a whole video of step by step on it (after i figured the first one out of course) and i jus never got around to posting it.
                        its a shame you are doing all this after the car is running. its gotta be driving you nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                          i pretty much did the same route. i did a whole video of step by step on it (after i figured the first one out of course) and i jus never got around to posting it.
                          its a shame you are doing all this after the car is running. its gotta be driving you nuts.
                          naaaa, i knew all the bushings on the whole car had to be done. I'm just glad I'm not paying someone to do this and I have a nice spot now to do this. Today I ordered the rear trailing arm bushings too. I imagine these will be fun to install.

And for the front I am just going to order the lower control arms new and not put energy suspension red poly bushings in them. I hear the ride is pretty rough when you do the lowers. All other bushings in the front will be red poly though.

Comment

And.... let's start on something else too. I have been looking for months for rust free seat rails to work on these 2nd set of prelude seats I have. With no luck I'm taking them off and into the electrolysis bin they go!

They are in better shape than the first set I have and a bit different too (attached head rest, hug your body a bit more, comfier). But on the 1st set of prelude seats i converted over the accord rails to make the seat fit. But to anyone who has did this you realize it adds a slant to the seat towards the gearshift/e-brake angle. You also have to modify the brackets in other ways (add washers) to make them fit.

For these seats I'm going to try and simply bend the bracket or get someone to cut it and weld it back on which will allow me to keep the prelude seat brackets with the seats.

For those looking for a comparison of seats.....

Current seats - I believe they are from a 95-97 prelude, also in the CRV maybe.

Prelude seats #2 - From a 89-92 prelude (not sure)

but ya, you can see the rust on the rails needs to be fixed and there are spots that are impossible to sand. So we are going to try this and see how it works out!
                            Last edited by Raf99; 10-21-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

i cant believe you found the rear trailing arm replacement bushing. everything i read said you had to replace the whole thing. so i just poly filled mine like the motor mounts. i have the energy suspension everywhere else. and yes, she is stiff
                              oh, and i like the punch list i see sitting behind the seats. i got them everywhere

Comment

diggin the seats!
                                For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Working...
                                X