Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, i will.

So today I replaced the O2, looked around underneath, put the mud flaps back on and will take her off the jack stands tomorrow I think. Have to finish the spoiler but that will be easier with the warmer weather coming. Kind of nervous to get her back on the road. And hopefully get order the transmission bearings soon. But the tranny won't go in until I buy a new clutch. So I'll just have to drive carefull, I'm pretty sure I have a bent shift fork...

Comment

Really is hard to get a fiberglass piece perfect. Your filler really has to be perfect, no air bubbles, flat. If not you'll be filling and sanding forever. I could keep going at this one but I think I'll stop here....
      Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Yep, fack Amazon. I usually have no issues with them, but this alternator i ordered....

- Ordered Alt
        - 1 week later still said "item not yet shipped", so I wrote them and they advise it will arrive on-time
        - 2nd week, still says "item not yet shipped"
        - 3rd week, still says "item not yet shipped". I write them and they advise it will arrive and time and give me some $5 coupon for some crap
        - 4th week.... "" "" "", i write them and say why wait until the last moment to tell me it's not in stock!! Just tell me so I can order it from somewhere else! They guarentee me it will arrive by April 20th!
        - April 18th, I write them and ask if they still think it will arrive and they say yes. They change the shipping to priority shipping, telling me it will arrive the next day!
        - Next day comes, no alternator arrived. I write them, no reply. 2 hours later I get an email telling me the item is delayed and changes the arrival date to May 15th!!!

- I write them a nastygram and cancel the order.

FU Amazon.

Edit: This was the part which anyone can still order (and not get).
        https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Last edited by Raf99; 04-20-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah, some of the amazon sellers are pretty crappy. My wife and I have had issues multiple times. Was it amazon.com or another seller through amazon?

Nvm, I looked again. I've never had trouble with amazon themselves.
          Last edited by blk91coupe; 04-28-2017, 07:27 PM.
          [/url]

Comment

Originally posted by blk91coupe View Post
            Yeah, some of the amazon sellers are pretty crappy. My wife and I have had issues multiple times. Was it amazon.com or another seller through amazon?

Nvm, I looked again. I've never had trouble with amazon themselves.
            Ya. i hear ya. I never had any issues with them either. Anywho.... ordered a new alt. Dare say it's time to replace mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

Really is hard to get a fiberglass piece perfect. Your filler really has to be perfect, no air bubbles, flat. If not you'll be filling and sanding forever. I could keep going at this one but I think I'll stop here....
              Did you put filler putty on it? That stuff is for filling in small imperfections like you have pictured.
              It's fun stuff, I know
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                Did you put filler putty on it? That stuff is for filling in small imperfections like you have pictured.
                It's fun stuff, I know
                Of course not. I'm a noob :P

Eventually I said screw it and painted it. Put it on the car. Still have to shine it up and i wish i had a high speed buffer for that. I can never seem to get things to shine properly.

Sally got a new battery and alternator. And I took her to get gas the other day. It definitely turns heads still. Still have followers, one guy pulled up and commented on it, and he knew the year of it too.

Comment

Looks cool anyways, you could always take it off and work on it more later.
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Looks cool anyways, you could always take it off and work on it more later.
                    Ya. It still has waves in it too. Very hard to make level, almost like you needed a "jig" to allow a level filler ....

Anywho. Worked on Sally more tonight. Big thanks goes out to fleetw00d for hooking me up with a rear door rubber weatherstrip!

Went on with no problems at all!

So GTRON, how do you get this thing to "shine!!" ? I have an electric buffer and maguires polish, tried that for 30min , then electric buff. This is how it is now. I'm guessing I just need to repeat that 80 more times...

Comment

Always nice seeing Sally making progress.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Excellent progress! Transmission and paint are still two areas I haven't gotten my hands into yet. I can appreciate your persistence on the spoiler. It's looking really good!
                        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                          Always nice seeing Sally making progress.
                          Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                          Excellent progress! Transmission and paint are still two areas I haven't gotten my hands into yet. I can appreciate your persistence on the spoiler. It's looking really good!
                          Islandhopper/Apalileo, with both of your sigs near each other your cars look alike. But ya, on the weekend I spent another 45min buffing the spoiler. But I just cannot get it shiny. I know there's enough clear on it so I'm thinking it's because I don't have a high speed buffer, just a low speed crappy one.

Comment

Ya. It still has waves in it too. Very hard to make level, almost like you needed a "jig" to allow a level filler ....

Anywho. Worked on Sally more tonight. Big thanks goes out to fleetw00d for hooking me up with a rear door rubber weatherstrip!

Went on with no problems at all!

So GTRON, how do you get this thing to "shine!!" ? I have an electric buffer and maguires polish, tried that for 30min , then electric buff. This is how it is now. I'm guessing I just need to repeat that 80 more times...
                            Did you sand it down with like 2000-3000 grit before you polished it?
                            I'm no expert in polishing haha, but when in doubt there's a million Youtube videos on how to polish paint.

This video really helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQF9ZrzxkCE
                            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Did you sand it down with like 2000-3000 grit before you polished it?
                              I'm no expert in polishing haha, but when in doubt there's a million Youtube videos on how to polish paint.

This video really helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQF9ZrzxkCE
                              LOL, I'm such a newb. And while I've looked at countless videos this guy explains it the best. So what I have is his "before" shot at 12:35. So I'll try his method of wet sand with 1500 / 2000 and then polish again. The beginner mistake I'll end up making is I'll sand through the clear coat. Dam, it looked like he sanded through his and through the paint as the part he did before polish wasn't black, it was grey (like he sanded through the clear coat, paint and got to the primer... )

Comment

LOL, I'm such a newb. And while I've looked at countless videos this guy explains it the best. So what I have is his "before" shot at 12:35. So I'll try his method of wet sand with 1500 / 2000 and then polish again. The beginner mistake I'll end up making is I'll sand through the clear coat. Dam, it looked like he sanded through his and through the paint as the part he did before polish wasn't black, it was grey (like he sanded through the clear coat, paint and got to the primer... )
                                Haha, there's some stuff to learn, but it's fun to know how to.
                                That gray color you were talking about was the clear coat being scuffed up, he didn't go through the paint. (That's how it's supposed to look)
                                The black color is under the clear coat, he was just sanding the top (or clear coat) to smooth it out (get rid of orange peel and imperfections), then polishing the 1500-2000 grit sandpaper scratches out of the clear coat.

The paint before sanding and polishing was shiny, but it had orange peel keeping it from looking like a mirror finish.
                                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                                X