Exhaust Curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Curiosity

My exhaust is stock manifold 4 to 1 to a stock down pipe with a factory flex pipe followed by a 92 cat and about three feet of pipe which stop or is broken off just center of the vehicle I love it the sound is deep strong throttle response my question is this is it harming my engine far as back pressure concerns or anything else dealing with exhaust.

It should not be physically harming the engine, your cat provides more than enough back pressure and honestly less back pressure is not a bad this in this case. Where the exhaust stream exits the pipe and hits the car could be a concern cosmetically and from a heat standpoint. It is always best to get the exhaust exit past the cabin from a fumes standpoint as well but it doesn't sound like it is a problem if you are not smelling anything funny.

The worst it could do is drastically lower your fuel mileage by causing you to enjoy the throatiness under WOT more than usual.

Comment

Dude, classic.

Does the end of the pipe have a piece welded on that directs the exhaust down, or are you shooting the exhaust straight at your fuel tank?
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
      X