rotor over hub conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotor over hub conversion

ok i just read the thread above about the "best breaks for a 4th gen)

now my question is,

is all i need to do this are

99 CL 2.3 hubs
    99 CL 2.3 rotors

i can keep my stock calipers and my stock spindls correct

i will just need to press out my stock hub and rotor and then press in the CL hub bolt it up and then install the CL rotor and then stick my caliper back on

is this all correct?

Robert Sartore
    Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
    Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

I've heard alot about this swap and even have all the parts for it at home. But i've never seen any pictures of it completed. I have heard from people that they have the swap, but i'm a sceptic. When i have mine complete, i'll have plenty of pictures. For the rotor over hub swap, the typical set up is as follows...

99 2.3CL hubs
    93-96 vtec lude rotors
    90-93 Accord wheel bearing (replace or use the currect bearings)
    93-96 vtec lude calipers OR legend dual piston calipers (93-95 coupe, 93-95 GS Sedan)
    Brake pads for the caliper used.

Comment

if you read this article by USC, you'll realize the legend calipers is a bad idea

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=836

1) But could you tell me more about using the Prelude calipers? Do these work fine and keep the bleeder screw on top or work the way is should?

2) Also, are the 99 CL rotors & the Prelude rotors the same size? I think the CL's are 10.2" which are same as our stock Accords I believe...are the Preludes bigger?

3) Also, I would think depending on what size rotors you get...do the caliper brackets need to be replaced? and with what?
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

from what i have heard is that if you use the CL rotor you can keep the accord caliper (thats my plan)

Robert Sartore
        Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
        Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

Comment

99 2.3CL hubs
          93-96 vtec lude rotors
          90-93 Accord wheel bearing (replace or use the currect bearings)
          93-96 vtec lude calipers OR legend dual piston calipers (93-95 coupe, 93-95 GS Sedan)
          Brake pads for the caliper used. [/B]
          1) Do the VTEC prelude calipers properly install & fit on our Accords? No upside down installations of it, like w/Legend calipers?

2) Do these prelude calipers need the prelude caliper brackets as well? Or are the Accord ones the same?

Comment

yes, the lude si calipers will fit. and yes you will need the brackets that go w/the caliper.

Comment

ok about the calipers...but do the Lude calipers install properly? No inverted shit like with the Legend caliper setup?

If anyone read USC's article on how they mount & how it doesn't work properly, you know what I'm referring to.

Comment

Rear disc Conversion questions....

Can some peeps answer the questions in red for me in detail on what I need & from where to do it all up. Thanks.

90 Accord EX Rotor-over-Hub Conversion – Rear brakes:

1) Rear Susp. Conversion (trailing arms, sway bar, steering knuckles)
                2) What upper & lower control arms?
                3) 99 > 2.3 CL hubs
                4) New stock Accord wheel brgs
                5) What rotors & size?
                6) What calipers & brackets?
                7) SS lines

Miscellaneous Brake system upgrades:

8) 90-93 > Integra w/4 whl disc proportioning valve
                9) BMC change?
                10) Brake booster change?

Comment

From my experience, I did my rear disc swap and didn't have to do the rotor over hub conversion. It was already like that! Woohoo!
                  O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

All Prelude VTEC rotors (including 97-01) are 11.2" vs. the 10.2" for stock CB7 front rotors.
                    I am not sure about the SI rotors, but I am pretty sure the base model 92-96 Ludes also have 10.2" inch rotors.
                    The Prelude calipers should bolt right up to the Accord knuckle and work perfectly as long as you have the correct mounting bracket, which is the 23T. Just about every Honda front brake caliper I have ever seen is almost identical, in that they are single piston,and mounted on the front of the brake assembly. This would put the bleeder bolt right where it needs to be, and eliminates all concern about proper piston sequence on multi-piston calipers. Make sure you use the correct rotors for your application, because the thickness does vary.

The 90-93 Accord wagon has larger brakes also, but you may want to ask 2point6 about that, I am pretty sure he has done it.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i did the rotor over hub with prelude rotors and calipers and i used the whole knuckle off of a cl...easier to swap over rather than removing the hubs...heres a pic of the job finished
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...er+1992+accord

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
                      X