Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CyborgGT: Mild H22A Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It didn't feel like there was a coating. Just discolored from heat, and a bit of surface rust.

The reflection's very clear, though there are still some subtle scratch marks. I want to go finer than the 2500 I stopped at before polishing. Gotta say, I'm loving the look so far.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Just some stuff that came in the mail today. Vibrant 2">2.5" merge collector (the pictures they have on their website had me worried it wasn't actually going to be a true merge... phew!), 'turbo' flex pipe to avoid future fraying (compared to the braided inner liner), two O2 sensor bungs (one for the AEM wideband), and an EGT sensor bung.

I'm definitely tackling the intake manifold polishing myself. I tried going at it with some emery cloth... that's going to take for friggin' ever, so I'll look into a good power drill and some sanding bits...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Free mod: painted the fuel rail to match my black valve cover. I'm in the process of polishing the intake manifold, and the rail was originally polished. It was just a bit too much polished aluminum in one area for my taste, I think this will set off nicely. I used satin black brake caliper paint I had laying around and it turned out great, the match is insanely close!

I ordered the 3" Kteller kit a week ago today, and have yet to hear anything from them about it shipping out. Looked around and many said they got it in exactly a week, so I'm hoping that shows up before Sunday, what with the Labor Day delay...

*ED. - Contacted Kteller and got the tracking last night. Just sent out the 10th, it'll arrive the 18th. Two weeks, two days from the order date, if anyone was thinking of ordering from them...
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-12-2015, 09:16 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

3" stainless Kteller kit arrived. Too bad titanium isn't an option, this shizz is heavy.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Can anyone tell me with certainty whether a DC Sports downpipe will fit the stock header primaries? 'Cos that would mean it would also fit my Spoon, and I want something I can polish up so it looks nice under there, and just enlarge that collector instead of my stock dp. Thanks...

BTW, Supertech springs & rets should be on order this weekend or next. I know I'm trying get the exhaust out of the way now, but Real St has them on clearance for some good savings. I also recently decided to go V-band instead of normal flanges; Summit's are cheap and have good reviews.

*ED. - Supertechs ordered!
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-05-2015, 08:54 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Make your own 2" secondaries. 12-20" usually works best, secondary+collector length is more important than primary length for power production.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Just put in the order for three 2.5" v-band connections so my cat and resonator sections can be easily swapped out. Vibrant's insane prices were scaring me away from the idea initially, but I looked into reviews for other brands and Summit's show promise. They're cheaper than going with the Vibrant flange system I had planned, and on top of that I just caught them on a sale! Now I shouldn't have to worry about clearance. Their only issue is that they use nylock nuts... on an exhaust part, lol. I'll fix that.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Honestly they should be fine. The bolt doesn't ever get really hot on v-bands like that being downstream. On a turbine outlet, it's not a great idea though.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

It's just in the reviews I read for them, some people were having problems with them. Before and after the cat though? You don't think they'd have a problem there?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I've read through your thread and everything looks great! With you slowly spending so much money, I would like to make a suggestion: Look into a wet nitrous kit. I know you may want to keep it all motor, but for your daily use with a little road racing and autocross, I really think you would appreciate what nitrous could do for your build. This, of course, would be once you get a chassis for the motor, but nonetheless..
                      Originally posted by Quashish
                      hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

So the v-bands came in yesterday... they can't be mounted correctly. They're 2.5" inside diameter, sorta like my 2.5" ID cat and resonators. They're supposed to fit snug around the outside of the pipe so that the mating surfaces of the flanges can be placed a hair offset from where the actual pipes meet up for less chance of leaking and to center each other. Not an honest problem, I'll just get 2.5" OD pipe in between, but seriously, exhaust equipment needs to be better standardized. Still, they feel like quality stuff

I'm not interested in nitrous, by the way. I have the same opinion of that as I do turbo: it just feels like cheating. NA and supercharging all day, but no free power!
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-01-2015, 10:50 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

love seeing progress
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

If you can call it that, lol. It's on hold again, as I may have to move yet again in April. Gotta start putting money aside for that; maybe I can still squeeze a couple parts in, we'll see.

*ED. - Ha! Just my luck. The transmission on the RSX just let go of all its oil.
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-07-2015, 10:44 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So, the RSX is down due due to serious transmission failure. I may have found a replacement, if it isn't snatched up before a friend has a chance to drive me an hour to pick it up next week. These cars are simply not common enough to get parts like this in any decent amount of time. I'd been keeping an eye on RSX stuff on CL for for a while now anyway and know that I got lucky with the timing of this failure. Especially considering two months ago I had finally transferred within my job to a location within walking distance of my house... for the last two years I had been commuting to a different city. There were times when I had my old sedan that the car was down for long periods of time and I was in a similar situation to that which I'm in now: my only mode of real transportation (short of a bicycle) was inoperable.

I do not want to let this happen again, so I'm going after a CB9 as soon as my budget allows. I could easily sell the RSX in this condition for enough to buy a CB and fund most of the rest of my H build, but I really don't want to ditch this car yet. It may not be a Type-S, but as something stylish and nimble to get around in, I can't see myself enjoying anything else as much. I love this car, and at the same time am extremely excited to get back into a CB. In this mindset, I really don't mind that I'm putting even more delay into what has already been such a long project. I am no less motivated today than on the day I pulled the H out of the old car.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-11-2015, 09:10 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Dude that sucks! Hopefully you can get there in time!

Been lurking on your H22 build and been waiting patiently for you to find the car for it, glad it'll be a CB9! Good luck!

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                                2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Working...
                                X