This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Night Wolf
    wouldnt it be more effective to turn off the lights for your licence plate?

btw its still a good diy
    yaa its very simple to do that. just turn your lights off lol

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
    New people click here

Comment

thier will be 4 wires coming to that harness. splice the 2 big wires and cut the 2 little wires. then put to sliding crimps on the ends of the two big wires and slide those crimps onto the new brake pedal switch.
      take pics or explain a lil' bit more about that part
      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Ive been in this situation many times. If you turn off your lights while running from the cops, your brake lights are still gonna light up so rockenricers idea is great. but heres a tip if u see a cop pass u then he starts to brake and u-turns to follow you....never make a right turn if possible. lol. always make left. for some reason they think makin right turn is much easier. anyway, i had to pull into peoples driveways sometimes and park and i see the cop pass me and then i leave. ha
        1993 Honda Accord LX
        2006 Yamaha R6
        2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Back From the Dead.

Anyone try this and it not working?

My Brake lights are on all the time(not all the time, but when the brake is pressed), whether my cruise button is pressed or not. are you supposed to do anything with the skinny wires?(I am assuming that they control the CC to stop when it is pressed).

What i did was take the two thick wires and connected them to the 2 prongs on the CCless switch. The CC button light goes on and off.

Also would teh CC control box needed to be pluged in as well as the relay? It didnt work whether it was or wasnt pluged in.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

hmm ok i dont reallly remember what i did, but tomorrow i can go look at my car, and see what i did, it works so that when the cc switch is on, your brake lights are on.
            ]

Comment

hey, if you could do that, that would be awsome.

Im thinking about it, and what i dont get is, the 2 skinny wires are for the CC, so if theyre disconnected just hanging there the brake lights have nothing to do with the CC. Im thinking that I could connect one of each(1 thin, and one thick) and then connect that to the prong, and that would bring power through the CC, but other than that i dunno .

There has to be some kind of relay for the push button CC switch. I dunno.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

so if i had a switch wired to my tails and my plates what exactly would that make me illegal? I see a hideway license plate worse than a switch.... are these like those secret compartment fines that i hear about?

Comment

I dont excessively speed or do anything wreckless, but this wou;d be cool to do just in case.
                  My CC don't work either, so might as well.

I wanted to do this mod since I heard Team Polizei M5 from Gumball has this done, since he speeds all the time.
                  1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
                  ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
                  OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                    1) cops will chase bikes and even if they choose not to, they'll sure as hell put the word out as to what the bike and driver look like. you can't outrun a radio either.

2) what are you gonna do when you get brave, brake check some guy and cause a wreck and he gets out with a gun and blows your face off? you guys just haven't come across the crazy people. my stepdad is one of those stupid idiots. he's got a million dollar business, plenty of money, nothing to worry about but some guy flicked him off the other day and he ran him down, jumped in his car at a redlight and made him apologize. fucking insane. and when my stepdad runs into a guy who'll shoot him or run his ass over, or he just commits a real crime and loses his whole lifestyle, he'll wish he was a little less stupid.
                    3) it's illegal and in a wreck, if the other person claims that the tails weren't working and they happen to check it out (yeah, insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying someone off) then you're up shit creek with NO paddle

4) what happens when they go out (any break in a system is a weakness) and stop working totally. it will probably be a bit before you realize it and in traffic, that could mean a nice rearend job and maybe a broken neck.
                    i've been hit 3 times and broken my neck each time. it's a lifelong pain in my, well, neck. 7 slipped discs, rehab, had to quit working out and doing this or that, just sucks.

i just see this as asking for trouble. obviously everyone can do as they please, i don't blame you, but use some fucking sane judgement.

haha thats my dad....he chased a guy from berlin Nj to stratford because a guy flipped him off.....then at a red light he kicked the window in and tried to rip off the guys middle finger....assault charge number 3 hha

anyways cool write up...i might try it just for fun
                    Last edited by Bcozzi71; 12-30-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X