Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: OEM Fog Light installation (USDM 9293, PART II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The relay I can buy at radio shack right? I sold my old cb7 and parted out my fogs So i am looking to buy new ones. My old cb7 had them installed from factory so the wiring was all done. I plan on buying back cb3 jdm ones, the oem switch, and the relay from radioshack and using normal stereo wires to wire it up. Sounds good? ?

Comment

Get a fog light kit from Autozone....i think APC makes them...

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
        i got mine from walmart, and man it works great, made it SOOOOOOOO much easier to install..

^sold

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
          Sounds good. Just replace their switch with the OEM one and that should be it. One question tho, doesn't the OEM switch have like 4 wires coming out of it?

EDIT: I know honda doesnt sell the Fogs anymore, but do they at least sell the molding or OEM switch?
          Last edited by i97supratti; 10-09-2005, 10:17 AM.

Comment

another impeccable writeup from the Timman

I'm completely envious of your fogs, and wish I could afford a set

WOW, great work cutting the hole for mounting...the curves look perfect! I'm just curious though, how did you begin your cutting so you could fit the saw in there? Did you make a starter hole to fit the saw in there, because I don't see any?

My members ride thread

Comment

i97supratti: the oem switch only needs 3 wires to work correctly. search for the diagram on here. cpmike made one in the past. you will not be using all the wires. honda discontinued even the switch along with the moldings so no you cannot get them from honda anymore. you're best bet to get a switch is if you ask for one from a 94-97 accord. they fit but even those are getting close to sold out soon. also they don't come with a pigtail so you'll need to rig it up some other way. good luck!

fliplyricist1: thanks pare! i don't take as good of pics as you though. the fogs are pretty abundant now, esp from china/taiwan/singapore, and they should be fairly affordable now. yeah i didn't show it but for the hole, i made a huge pilot hole using a hole saw (meant for making door knob holes) in the middle of the template. then the hand saw was used to outline. it really isn't that hard. if you can do your grill/headlight retro, you can do this just as clean as i did. handle it bro!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                ... you're best bet to get a switch is if you ask for one from a 94-97 accord. they fit but even those are getting close to sold out soon.
                What I did was search for "accord fog" on eBay. You can find OEM 94-97 kits there that come with the switch. If you need a bit of wiring or a relay then the kit is an even better deal, as that stuff comes with it.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

[IMG]http://****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/IMG]

I think you reversed pin 85 and 86 of the relay. In the first pic, pin 85 is grounded, and pin 86 connects to point E on the OEM switch. In the 2nd you state the opposite. OR does it not matter?

And I believe for A and D of the OEM switch, you can tap into the hazards right?

Final question, IF D and B are both ground, then BOTH of them can tap into the ground wire for the hazards switch right?
                  Last edited by i97supratti; 11-12-2005, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                    I think you reversed pin 85 and 86 of the relay. In the first pic, pin 85 is grounded, and pin 86 connects to point E on the OEM switch. In the 2nd you state the opposite. OR does it not matter?

And I believe for A and D of the OEM switch, you can tap into the hazards right?

Final question, IF D and B are both ground, then BOTH of them can tap into the ground wire for the hazards switch right?
                    85 and 86 does NOT matter. those pins power the coil inside the relay and the order you use them doesn't affect their function (power and gnd).

yes you can tap off the hazard switch for A and D. just make sure you tap off the illumination light and ground, and not anything else.

yes you can use a common ground with D and B. great questions and good luck!
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Up from the dead. What can i use in place of the rubber lining? and where can I get it from. Thanks guys.
                      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

It's just some pinched off tubing slit down the middle. Do any of the online sites have them available?

Comment

I have jdm fog lights now i want to install them asap!
                          92-93 -> what do i have to look out for and does everyone like tehre jdm fogs
                          My Ride...

Comment

thanks man!!! this is gonna help me alot!!!
                            ACCORDEX92
                            CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

I have GOT to do that!

Dang man, nice cutting job, perfect fit! I will have to do that once I find a 92-93 front bumper. I want one so bad!

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

I have a question regarding the wiring part. I see where to pass the wires thru the firewall but what are ways to pass it thru and be able to pass those wires to the switch slot?
                                My 1993 LX

Comment

Working...
                                X