Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know any country songs similar to this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know any country songs similar to this?

Anyone know any country songs that have this kind of rhythm, Like the music side matched with how hes singing. What the song is about doesnt matter I just like how this song sounds and would like more like it

song: Eric Church-Homeboy
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-22-2011, 10:22 AM.
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Have you ever used Pandora? Go to Pandora.com and read "about us", but the short version is that you put in a song, and it will give you other songs that have the same properties as the song you "seeded".

Pandora is a wonderful thing, IMO.
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Yeah! I love it! but the problem is it's been coming up a little short on songs similar to this one.
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG94CB7 View Post
        Have you ever used Pandora? Go to Pandora.com and read "about us", but the short version is that you put in a song, and it will give you other songs that have the same properties as the song you "seeded".

Pandora is a wonderful thing, IMO.
        and it isnt just by Genre, its by the actual SOUND of the song you picked. a critical tool for somebody who loves music.

the Music Genome Project is a beautiful thing... Pandora is just a radio station created out of it :P

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
          Yeah! I love it! but the problem is it's been coming up a little short on songs similar to this one.
          You get better results out of the program if you actually take the time to "like" or "dislike" a song. It will remove not only a song you don't like, but over time remove sounds you dislike based on your input.
          Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Yeah I have my lists very picked through lol. But the problem is pandora nor slacker radio has this song in their data base to find songs similar to it

Comment

I remember when the Music Genome Project first began... such an abstract concept. I was thrilled when Pandora came out of it!
              Make a station based on that song. Thumbs up anything close, thumbs down anything not. You'll eventually whittle it down to a bunch of similar stuff.

What is it about the song that you're looking for specifically?
              Aside from the country twang in his voice, the subject matter of the song, and the banjo in the background... the music itself is very much like many "alternative" songs from the 90s.

Comment

I think why I enjoy the song is, how he sings the song, It's not your average country song, paired with the rhythm and beats of the music, makes its interesting to me.

Yeah! exactly im trying to find country songs with that 90's alternative twist to it!

Comment

His voice is actually very oldschool country. It's VERY modern musically, with vocal delivery that dates back many years.

Back in the 90s, country made a change from the usual "country" approach. A lot of country music started sounding an awful lot like the "classic rock" of the 70s. Oddly enough, that was because most of those country artists grew up listening to those bands. Garth Brooks said that Kiss is one of his favorite bands (he's even on the "Kiss My Ass" tribute album, and does one of the best tracks on it.)
                  Now, the artists that are surfacing grew up on the 90s alternative music. You're getting all the guys that grew up listening to Nirvana, Candlebox, Silverchair, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, etc... that have decided to go the country route... but they work in their influences.

The electric guitar part of that song there really reminds me of "Tomorrow" by Silverchair.

Comment

Freaking great artist. I can't make any suggestions, it sounds like most modern country/rock crossover to me. I grew up on Hank Sr. and Glen Campbell type country, when it was still called country western. lol

I just wanted to say thanks for giving me a new artist to check out!

Comment

Yahoo actually used to have a thing similar to this. Back in like '02 and '03, I used to listen to it alot and you could rate a song using a 0-5 star method. Id like a certain artist but only for certain songs, so when a song of theirs i didnt like came on, id give it a 0 and hit NEXT and it'd never play that particular song again. Same went for artist and album. If i gave it a 0, it wouldnt play that selection again, but it was also good about giving me selections based on songs and artists i did like.

I know this doesnt help the OP, but I thought it went along with the whole Music Genome thing...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                        when it was still called country western. lol

also, i really like this song.
                        Last edited by texasvtak; 03-23-2011, 03:08 PM.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                        X