Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good read (I recommend you atleast skim this page)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read (I recommend you atleast skim this page)

Recently my professor and I were discussing a few books he and I have read. different books on different religions view points, and takes on how to face life and it's different problems.

Well he is an American Buddhist and If you ever have read or heard somewhat about Buddhism. You know that they have some of the most incredible teachings about life.

Well anyways he recommended this book to me, "When Things Fall Apart, Heart Advice for Difficult Times" By; Pema Chodron

She tells he teachings, that there is only one approach to suffering that is of lasting benefit, and that approach involves moving toward painful situations with friendliness and curiosity, relaxing into the essential groundlessness of our entire situation. In the midst of chaos, we can discover the truth and love that are indestructible.
    - that is just alittle bit.

But what you will read in this book are:
    -ways to use painful emotions to cultivate wisdom, compassion, and courage
    -ways to communicate that lead to openness and true intimacy with others
    -practices for reversing our negative habitual patterns
    -methods of working with chaotic situations
    -ways to cultivate compassionate, energetic social action.

I wasn't sure if there is anyone else on here who enjoys reading about stuff like this, or even just someone who enjoys a good book.
    But let me know what you think whether you read the book or even what you think of what I stated from the book.

Thanks,
    Steve (bucky)
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

It's an excellent read. I need a new copy, I left mine somewhere (or had it taken somewhere) before I got to finish it, but the application of Buddhist beliefs can make a huge difference in your daily life, even if you aren't a Buddhist.

Comment

Working...
    X