Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with computer upgrade (parts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with computer upgrade (parts)

I just recently started playing a PC game. Last time I played a PC game my computer parts were up to date LOL.

So basically I am in need of a few updates. I know for sure I want to start with upgrading my video card. I am currently running a NVIDIA Geforce 8500 GT. It runs the game fine on LOW settings. But the gaming experience sucks on those settings.

So could anyone recommend me a upgrade? I would really like to stay below $150. That should definitely get my a updated/upgraded video card.

Thanks for the help,
    Steve (Bucky)
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

I can't really suggest a particular card but your best bet would be to get on Newegg before today ends. I was browsing the site just yesterday and they had a whole slew of PCI-E cards for around your range.

I was thinking of getting a better card myself but i think i'll go get my windows tinted instead.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121390

GTX 460 $150 w/ $30 MIR so $120 total. You will be able to run almost every game available on high/ max settings assuming your RAM and CPU can keep up. I had one for a few days and it was awesome.
      Last edited by EJX_Michael; 07-10-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

What are your system specs?
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121390

GTX 460 $150 w/ $30 MIR so $120 total. You will be able to run almost every game available on high/ max settings assuming your RAM and CPU can keep up. I had one for a few days and it was awesome.
          I took that exact deal from Newegg and the MIR a little over a month ago. It's definitely a sweet card and I'm able to play The Witcher 2, which is extremely demanding, on medium to high settings. I'm 90% sure that the bottleneck is my CPU/RAM, which is old (Athlon X64 5200+ and 2GB DDRR2 RAM).

I did a lot of research and wasn't able to find a more "card" for my money.

To the OP: what are your specs? And what game(s) are you trying to play?

Comment

What motherboard do you have?

Comment

Working...
            X