Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-23-2017, 09:06 PM   #3961
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRoc View Post
What kind of car does she own? KWs are nice
'06 Corolla. Slowly but surly modding it a little at a time. Was going to put Bilsteins with H&R Race Springs on it BUT she wants some adjustability due to our winters (don't blame her at all). So now I have to unload those. Plus side is that I'm sure there is another Corolla running around wanting an awesome Bilstein/H&R setup.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:29 PM   #3962
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
'06 Corolla. Slowly but surly modding it a little at a time. Was going to put Bilsteins with H&R Race Springs on it BUT she wants some adjustability due to our winters (don't blame her at all). So now I have to unload those. Plus side is that I'm sure there is another Corolla running around wanting an awesome Bilstein/H&R setup.
Are the Bilsteins just as good as Koni yellows? I have a set on my wagon and ideally Id like to lower it but Im not to familiar with the Bilstein shocks.

I was thinking about going with the Eibach Pro kit
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:50 PM   #3963
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRoc View Post
Are the Bilsteins just as good as Koni yellows? I have a set on my wagon and ideally Id like to lower it but Im not to familiar with the Bilstein shocks.

I was thinking about going with the Eibach Pro kit
Quality wise Bilsteins are a better damper (unless Koni has stepped up the QC).whether they will handle a drop better is another story.
Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #3964
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
^ I agree. Based on my research, riding around different vehicles with different dampers, having them, etc. Bilsteins are damn hard to beat in terms of quality (ride, performance, overall awesomeness, etc.).

HOWEVER as mentioned several times across this forum and others, Bilsteins don't handle drops as well as Konis. It's not the say they can't, because they can, it really depends on the vehicle, drop amount, and spring combination.
One of the best combinations I've ever rode/driven on was Bilsteins with H&R Sport Springs (VW Rabbit of all things too ).

I honestly can't wait to get the KWs installed on her Corolla and see how they handle/feel. For a $2000 setup, they better be DAMN good.

And to keep the thread on track,
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:40 AM   #3965
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Couldn't pass on this. Mugen fiberglass intake box for the RSX.

It may not make a ton of power but the fit and finish of Mugen products is spot on in my experience.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:14 AM   #3966
Corweena
CB7tuner Member

Corweena is cool... so far.
Pretty much anything from KW will ride like a dream.

My friend has a set of V2s on his Accord. One of just a few setups I'd trade in my Koni/GCs for.....although I wish they made a V3 for the chassis. I'd kill for a set of those.
Corweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #3967
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunta View Post
It may not make a ton of power but the fit and finish of Mugen products is spot on in my experience.
Only if it's in the right car . Trying to squeeze a RHD intake into a LHD car proved problematic. I've got the stock box back in for now. But yeah, I've got Mugen's strut bars and coilovers in the car already, and they both were simple jobs - the suspension even rides almost like stock (they are made by the same company, after all, just spec'd higher) while still giving a very noticeable improvement in cornering.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:38 PM   #3968
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Only if it's in the right car . Trying to squeeze a RHD intake into a LHD car proved problematic. I've got the stock box back in for now. But yeah, I've got Mugen's strut bars and coilovers in the car already, and they both were simple jobs - the suspension even rides almost like stock (they are made by the same company, after all, just spec'd higher) while still giving a very noticeable improvement in cornering.
What is in the way or not lining up?
Old 08-24-2017, 11:52 PM   #3969
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Brake master cylinder reservoir. It's just barely in the way, but enough to cause a vibration in the pedals - either the intake box or the reservoir would rub away eventually. And because of the location of other parts in the bay that can't be modified, there's no wiggle room.

I'm debating shaving off a section of this lip that runs around the outside of the reservoir (I think it'll give me the clearance needed), but I don't know whether there's an indentation on the inside of it that I'd break through to. Might get a junkyard part to tear into and see what it can handle.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:45 AM   #3970
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Finally.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #3971
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Finally.

Is that for your CL? Sorry I tend to loose track of which project cars you have going haha
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #3972
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
No, it's for the Accord. The CL is now going to stay mostly how it is with the exception of a new paint job and finishing my retrofit.

When I was planning on installing my stroked H22 in the Accord, I had Hondata S300 v3. After making the choice to go with the J-series, instead, I needed a different ECU. The engine is from one of my previous 2003 CLS6s, and it is a little unique in that it has hall effect sensors for the camshaft and crankshaft positions. The EMS series 2 doesn't behave well with those, so I chose the Infinity.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:36 PM   #3973
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Finally.

Well that looks hot
Old 08-31-2017, 09:28 AM   #3974
Gemini
AoM:04/07, SE Regional Mod

Gemini seems to have made some friends!

Bought this to resolve my weak wifi signal in my bedroom while streaming. Works like a charm and better than a wifi extender
2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #3975
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

Bought this to resolve my weak wifi signal in my bedroom while streaming. Works like a charm and better than a wifi extender
I just bought these for a client. They work great.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:24 PM   #3976
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!

I think I messed up. These HAVE to be reps...no way would I get all of this for less than USD 1k if they are genuine. The price was too good to be true. There's also no way that I would pay over USD1k for some gauges...
Old 08-31-2017, 08:38 PM   #3977
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Are there any serial numbers or markings on them? If so you might inquire with Defi as to their authenticity,
Old 08-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #3978
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunta View Post
Are there any serial numbers or markings on them? If so you might inquire with Defi as to their authenticity,
Not sure yet as they are still on the boat from Thailand. Honestly, I'm not worried about their authenticity as they won't be going in a true race car. Just a street driven "fun" car. Even if they are remotely accurate, I'll be satisfied. They can always be modded and tweaked later on as well.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 PM   #3979
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
Not sure yet as they are still on the boat from Thailand. Honestly, I'm not worried about their authenticity as they won't be going in a true race car. Just a street driven "fun" car. Even if they are remotely accurate, I'll be satisfied. They can always be modded and tweaked later on as well.
Here's hoping they arrive and are the real deal (or at least accurate as you said)
Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #3980
rustyaccord
CB7tuner Member

rustyaccord is cool... so far.
The Cassette deck just came today from Canada. It's a perfect match for the receiver I inherited from my grandfather. I love this old 70's audio equipment!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: