Hows my new computer set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows my new computer set up?

I have to get a new hard drive yet. But other than that here it is.

Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

MSI 870-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Running windows 7 64bit

This is for occasional gaming.

So what do ya'll think? decent set up? This is my first time doing a budget build myself
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Looks like it'll rock pretty hard. What are you going to be playing?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Rift.. its a decent mmo.. and thanks i hope it will
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

If you need any more GPU power, just slap another radeon in there and go with the crossfire
        My Car

Comment

alright, ill def keep that in mind im very new to this stuff lol.

Comment

I like your setup! My only thing is a the G.Skill RAM. I have heard stories about those and I am not a fan of them. I would have went with Kingston, OCZ, or Corsiar.

But aside from all that good setup!
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

G.skill is still good quality.
              My Car

Comment

personally i've never had a problem any ram before. I just buy the cheapest ram possible.

Comment

that's what i'm running in this tower i'm on now.

Comment

Everything looks good, but I would have sprung for the 6 core, and a bit better gpu. But its a budget build so you get what you can. And dont let anyone tell you G. Skill isnt good, read the reviews off Newegg, super high customer satisfaction rating. I have owned a few sets with no issues.

My setup:
                    AMD Phenom II Black Edition 6 core AM3 125w
                    MSI Cyclone GTX 460 756mb PCI Express 2.0
                    Gigabyte 890-fx-ud5 AM3 Motherboard
                    G. Skill Sniper Series 8GB DDR3 (2 x 4GB) 1333 Memory
                    Antec modular 550w PSU
                    Antec 900 series case
                    LG Blu Ray burner

My card is a MAJOR bottleneck, stupid me bought it and didnt notice it wasnt a full GB....
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

For a budget build, the components you chose aren't that bad. The board, CPU and memory are decent but the video card... you could have done a lot better, unless $90 was your budget limit. If you want to play any recent game at a respectable resolution and frame rate, you will need a good gpu. And I would not suggest crossfire either, it would be a waste of money to double up a weak card.
                      Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 08-27-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

GPU is a bit weak but it should handle games fine. My 4870 handled MW2 on highest settings no problem.

Just looked at the ATI site. My 4870 has 800 stream processors, my 5830's have almost 1200 and the 5670 has 400. So, your GPU is the weakest point for sure. I'm selling my 4870 in the classifieds but if you want a good card, go for the 5830 or higher.
                        My Car

Comment

should i have any problems running my game on high resolution?

and how much better will my gaming be with a new hard drive?

Comment

Hard drive is fine unless you want to spend the cash for a solid state drive or a high speed raptor drive. A basic 7200rpm drive will be fine. Your GPU will be fine for most games but I'm not sure if it'll handle high quality settings. What games are you playing?
                            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                              should i have any problems running my game on high resolution?

and how much better will my gaming be with a new hard drive?
                              depends on what you consider "problems". I play all my games at 1920x1080, with max settings and im usually fine. good for me is staying above a minimum fps of 60. if your game continually dips below the refresh rate of your monitor, you will notice a difference.

according to this:

my gpu(oc'd 560ti) cant even handle rift to my liking. guess its a good thing i dont play this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X