Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Jdm F22b Belt Vs 87 Caravan 2.2 Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jdm F22b Belt Vs 87 Caravan 2.2 Belt

So im not the best at finding threads so i made a new one for a new quistion anyway..
    I was told for the F22B i was going to have to use an 80 something caravan belt... I cant remember if it was 88 or 86 but moving on...
    i have the 2.2 belt, size wise it looks about right... slightly shorter than the honda belt but my problem is the teeth look TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
    Looks like the tooth count is about what i need (126 125 some shit) but the teeth look smaller by about almost HALF the size of the honda belt...
    Is this going to be a problem? Did i get the wrong year? Any hlp would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
    A 93 ACCORD??? PEOPLE STILL DRIVE THOSE????

I've never heard of such a thing. Is this person an acquaintance of yours? He sounds like he's trying to sabotage your project. As far as I know, the JDM F22B would use the USDM H23A timing belt since they are near identical. If not I'm sure some of our overseas veterans like evil_demon will respond with the appropriate part number.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

F22B uses a unique timing belt. You can substitute the Caravan 2.5 belt, the belt I ordered is a Gates T132. The teeth are the same size as a OEM Honda belt, I just compared them.

BTW this info is all in the JDM F22B swap guide.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Genuine F22B cambelt part # is:
        06141-PT2-305
        And the number that superceeds it is 14400-PT2-004

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

well the only issue is my motor is possibly a frankenstein... but either way factory belt is too long... so i know i need a shorter one...
          i went for the b16 an its too short....
          so too make things run smoother... what year is it from...
          because as i was told in autozone one or two of them have chains an not belts...

Comment

I had an f20a dohc, it uses the same timing belt as the f22b dohc

After comparing the belts i felt pretty confident with installing it. The belts were identical in every regard, teeth shape, teeth count and overall diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              I had an f20a dohc, it uses the same timing belt as the f22b dohc

After comparing the belts i felt pretty confident with installing it. The belts were identical in every regard, teeth shape, teeth count and overall diameter.
              There are a few belts being discussed here. Which one did you use? The Caravan 2.5L?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                There are a few belts being discussed here. Which one did you use? The Caravan 2.5L?
                Yes the 1987 dodge caravan 2.5 liter belt is the one i used.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMK1DD View Post
                  well the only issue is my motor is possibly a frankenstein... but either way factory belt is too long... so i know i need a shorter one...
                  i went for the b16 an its too short....
                  so too make things run smoother... what year is it from...
                  because as i was told in autozone one or two of them have chains an not belts...
                  It sounds like you have absolutely no idea what belt to use, or any understanding of what the belt does.
                  "i went for the b16 an its too short" - I'm assuming you came to that conclusion simply because it wouldn't physically fit.

You do realize that even 1 tooth difference in length will destroy your engine in a matter of seconds?

Check and confirm your Head/block combination before you do anything since you say it might be a Frank build.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i want to try to clear some things up here..DO YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL BELT THAT CAME FOR THE JDM F22B dohc? if so and it does not fit then you problem lies with the lower timing cog.if it is indeed a frank then you need to use the jdm f22b dohc lower timing cog.if not then i have found that you need to buy the right belt.i bought one.yes they are alot of money but its well worth beaing able to drive the car.also a gsr belt worked on a friends jdm f22b.tight like a virgin but still fit and worked.what year i have no clue

my new turbo build

Comment

well guy i tried the 2.5. PLYMOUTH(cause the dodge one apparently doesnt exsist....
                      the teeth are totally different..AGAIN..
                      and have too much play on the cam....
                      deev i hear where your comming from but im at a loss an have no idea what head it is..
                      the lasti thing any of us want to do is destroy a perfectly good motor...
                      so how could i check and how do i find my correct belt...
                      this has been going on for 3 months now and im getting to the point were the car is going to be needed VERY SOON for a dd.....
                      thanks for all the input and help though...

Comment

Originally posted by JDMK1DD View Post
                        So im not the best at finding threads so i made a new one for a new quistion anyway..
                        I was told for the F22B i was going to have to use an 80 something caravan belt... I cant remember if it was 88 or 86 but moving on...
                        i have the 2.2 belt, size wise it looks about right... slightly shorter than the honda belt but my problem is the teeth look TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
                        Looks like the tooth count is about what i need (126 125 some shit) but the teeth look smaller by about almost HALF the size of the honda belt...
                        Is this going to be a problem? Did i get the wrong year? Any hlp would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
                        why dont you just order a f22b belt from a importer... you can even find them on e-bay if you wanna go that route

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                          F22B uses a unique timing belt. You can substitute the Caravan 2.5 belt, the belt I ordered is a Gates T132. The teeth are the same size as a OEM Honda belt, I just compared them.

BTW this info is all in the JDM F22B swap guide.
                          sigh........

Order Gates T132. 10 or so off Amazon

From the JDM F22B swap guide

Timing Belt/balancer belt/water pump/oil pump:
                          This is the ONLY place I've found that sells the JDM F22B timing belt, but it's really expensive.
                          http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/hopt2tipt0ba.html
                          Other belts that fit:
                          Belt from an 88 dodge caravan 2.5L part numbers:
                          Napa- #250132
                          Gatorback- #40132
                          Gates- #T132

Comment

Well I just checked amazon an seen it...An thanks a lot...really appreciate it.
                            But just out of curiosity how long does it ussualy take to deliver..
                            An I feel bad asking but evil demon do you second that notion? Lol
                            an. How do I check what head I have...

Comment

You should be able to buy it at any local store

Comment

Working...
                              X