Headliner removal need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headliner removal need help

Okay so I'm trying to install my map lights. I know I need to drop down the front of my headliner. Only thing is I can't get the rearview mirror cover thing that's covering the screw that holds it on place. Is there a trick to removing this? When

I got a full harness out of a cd5 and I was able to just pop it off with a flat head in my cb that did not fly. I only damaged the piece and my headliner.

The plastic cover just snaps on. The easiest way is to grab the mirror and pull down. The mirror has a "breakaway" mount that allows it to pop off realitively easily if it is hit (say during an accident); it doesn't break anything. With it off, it should be obvious how to reinstall.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try in a few minutes. In the CD it was just so much easier. The piece literally popped off with a flat head. Honda must've changed the design slightly in the cd

Comment

Cb and cd mirrors are exactly the same. I have a cd rear view mirror in my car. Like fleetwood said, just pull on the mirror. Just yank on it real quick.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

that sure is hard to get off though.... never tried yanking on the mirror

Comment

I tried yanking it. Popped right off lol. Installed my map light and put everything back together. It's really a simple design. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
            X