Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver-Side Headlamp Off

Hey all,

I brought my car back from service yesterday. Among routine repairs I asked to have the 1000w subwoofer removed from my car. It appears all the wiring and equipment was removed properly, and the audio system works. However my driver-side headlight is no longer functioning. The passenger side works, both fog lamps work, and the high beams are currently on low power when the lights are on. The high beams do not engage when switched on, and were not part of the DRL system.

A bit of background... last year I installed OEM fogs, removed the fuse for the DRL and followed the guide to manually control the fog lamps independent of the head lights. There has never been a problem until now.

I've swapped the bulbs and replaced the fuses without success. I don't want to have to take the car back to the shop (1 hour drive, plus down time for repair, 1 hour drive home) to fix something I think I can do myself.

Any thoughts and steps to repair would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

did you test the headlight relays? I think there is two, one for left, one for right. swap left and right and see if the right one stops working. could be why your high beam isn't working too?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I'll take a look. I think there's a lighting relay and a dimmer relay in the engine bay fuse panel, but they are different. I don't remember seeing identical relays. would there be another set inside the car near the driver-side fuse panel?

Comment

I solved the issue. The wiring from the lights to the fuse box were very lose, after removing the fuse box and plugging the connector back in everything is working as intended once more!

Comment

Working...
        X