CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 08-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Gator325
Newcomer

Gator325 is cool... so far.
From a BMW driver: Much Respect to the CB7

I drive BMWs and have never owned a Honda. However, as a car guy, I had to come onto your board to pay my respects to the amazing CB7 platform. There is hardly a day that goes by that I do not see a CB7 Accord running around on the streets of my town. It really gets my attention when I see so many 20 year-old cars serving as daily drivers.

In fact, I see more CB7s on the road by far than any other early 90s vehicle from any other manufacturer. I tip my hat to Honda for a very impressive car. Keep 'em on the road guys!

Last edited by Gator325; 08-21-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Gator325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Thanks man! It's always nice to get respect from the owner of another brand

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
N9netwoAccord
Contributing Member

N9netwoAccord seems to have made some friends! N9netwoAccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to N9netwoAccord
Well this was the last thing I expected to see on here
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
SoySauceCb7
CB7tuner Member

SoySauceCb7 may have said something they shouldn't have...
Send a message via AIM to SoySauceCb7
As a BMW driver....that means absolutely nothing to anyone. go away
Old 08-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Way to be a dick, Jan.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
As a BMW driver....that means absolutely nothing to anyone. go away
What's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

h22sparkle may have said something they shouldn't have...
hmm interesting sounds like someone is angry at BMW drivers. There are a lot of nice e46 m3's out there. I can only imagine the maintenance on them definitely amazing luxury cars with a good amount of sport in them ahh the comfort hmm damn I'm getting old.
h22sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

tippey just picked up an E46 M3. I haven't seen it in person yet, but it's pretty damn nice.
I'd love one of each generation M3, personally (though the V8 isn't as appealing to me... to me, it detracts from what the M3 is!)

Most Honda drivers look very favorably on BMWs (Toyota drivers seem to be the same with Mercedes Benz)

Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
Tippey764
Silver Member

Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to Tippey764 Send a message via MSN to Tippey764
Yes i do like my car lol

It has a 1/1 ratio of exhaust tips per wheels.
Tippey764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #10
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

mmmm Lexus isf mmmm
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
Yes i do like my car lol

It has a 1/1 ratio of exhaust tips per wheels.
do you maintain it yourself what's the costs look like? I know it must be a grip.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
Tippey764
Silver Member

Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to Tippey764 Send a message via MSN to Tippey764
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22sparkle View Post
do you maintain it yourself what's the costs look like? I know it must be a grip.
Yes i do the maintenance myself

Its not really that expensive.

Most of the common parts are shared with a regular 3 series. It only gets expensive if you want to modify it. Also changing the oil is a bit expensive since it takes 10w-60 oil. Changing the oil is like $100 but whatever. Its synthetic oil and the oil change interval is 7500 miles. I'm cheap so i go the whole way.

It needs front brakes right now, its like $120 for rotors and $140 for a set of pads ( front and rear )

Its really not until you start modifying it or something stupid breaks that you find out how expensive it is.
Tippey764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #13
Jcallo
CB7tuner Member

Jcallo is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator325 View Post
I drive BMWs and have never owned a Honda. However, as a car guy, I had to come onto your board to pay my respects to the amazing CB7 platform. There is hardly a day that goes by that I do not see a CB7 Accord running around on the streets of my town. It really gets my attention when I see so many 20 year-old cars serving as daily drivers.

In fact, I see more CB7s on the road by far than any other early 90s vehicle from any other manufacturer. I tip my hat to Honda for a very impressive car. Keep 'em on the road guys!
My first car was a CB7, I riced bombed it at one point and blew the engine about 2 times. Second car I owned was a Nissan and sold it the next year. I drive a BMW 2001 325i and I never sold my cb7, About feb this year I decided to fix it up on my spare time... Now all I care about is when I'm hitting the JY to get new(old/replacement) parts to replace ect. ect. But I still love my BMW, People ask me about my old car so much I decided to fix it and I kinda have except for some issues but all is well they are just minor.

Bottom line is, They are just outstanding

Last edited by Jcallo; 08-22-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Jcallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #14
P5ylance
CB7tuner Member

P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire P5ylance is someone to admire
Thank you for the words!! Its great to hear inspiring words from an owner of a platform many use as a benchmark. Our accords are similar body shapes, so I sometimes look to some 3-series to enjoy their stance and clean body lines.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #15
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Thank You Gator325!!

I read once about someone on here owning a BMW and selling it to go back to their CB7.

Can we punish SoySauceCb7 somehow? Its people like that we don't need on this site. Random stranger gives us all a huge compliment and that comment is the last thing he should see on here.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #16
Gator325
Newcomer

Gator325 is cool... so far.
Tippey, that's an awesome looking M3. I'm jealous. E46 model was definitely the last and best of the true M3 cars.

I'm glad everybody, for the most part, appreciated my comments about the CB7. They are cool looking cars that are apparently indestructible. I'm really interested to know what the secret is to their longevity. I know this is a tuner community, but most of the examples I see driven on the street look bone stock.

How did Honda build such a bulletproof car? Since you guys tune them you must know them better than anybody else.
Gator325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Can we punish SoySauceCb7 somehow? Its people like that we don't need on this site. Random stranger gives us all a huge compliment and that comment is the last thing he should see on here.
He's always been a negative nancy. Nobody really takes him seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator325 View Post
Tippey, that's an awesome looking M3. I'm jealous. E46 model was definitely the last and best of the true M3 cars.

I'm glad everybody, for the most part, appreciated my comments about the CB7. They are cool looking cars that are apparently indestructible. I'm really interested to know what the secret is to their longevity. I know this is a tuner community, but most of the examples I see driven on the street look bone stock.

How did Honda build such a bulletproof car? Since you guys tune them you must know them better than anybody else.
Honda really seemed to overengineer the CB7. The quality declined a bit in following models (with the 6th generation being pretty awful, though nice looking.)
The F22A engines have a low compression ratio, which probably helps in terms of internal wear.
The transmissions are a weak point... manuals wear out synchros, and automatics just tend to fail... but mainly because of the neglect of previous owners. Fluid changes are important, and often overlooked!

The quality of the interior materials is fantastic. The only car of a similar vintage I've been in that had similar fit and longevity was a Volvo 940... and the materials used weren't as nice (the CB7 has a nice padded dash, for example... the Volvo's dash was hard plastic... though the Volvo's cloth was far superior.)

CB7s are cheap beater cars these days. Even the majority of enthusiasts are kiddies with their first car that just want to slap a bunch of cheap parts on. The amount of abuse these cars can take continues to astound me. The things people get away with on a CB7 would probably destroy a 2004 Cavalier in 3 months!

My own car has been subject to a fair amount of abuse, and it has never really failed me. I've failed IT a number of times... and any major mechanical issue was due to something stupid that I did. Even when I installed a cheap ebay throwout bearing, it still let me limp home over 100 miles with clutchless shifting!

These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
mtnbikaah
Contributing Member

mtnbikaah is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.
Amen.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10
mtnbikaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Wasn't there a thread just like this one not that long ago?!?!?

edit- he made it as well lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172136

Cool beans!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #20
tutsuo
CB7tuner Member

tutsuo tutsuo
I own a 1985 BMW R80(Motorcycle, still running strong) and a 1990 Accord DX and i love them both. Both are quality vehicles and i never want to sell either.

Something about putting your blood, sweat, and tears into your vehicle and it doesnt let you down means something. To me atleast.

Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
Quote:
den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
Quote:

Last edited by tutsuo; 08-22-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: typos
tutsuo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: