You just won a lottery.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a house,
    build a makerspace/garage with a 5-6 axis CNC, 3D printers, etc.
    Buy a 1G NSX, keep it stock-ish.
    Donate to some of Atlanta's music and arts programs.
    Break my friends and fam off.
    Continue to daily my CB

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

open a business

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Man, looking through this thread makes me realize how many of the old members aren't around anymore!

Anyway, since it seems I never replied to it...

As Straight Success mentioned, taxes and such would take a HUGE chunk of that $50M, sadly. I'll assume he's correct in his $27M figure in terms of what remains.

I would immediately invest $20M of the money. If I could receive even .5% yearly interest on that money, I would earn $100,000 per year in interest alone. That wouldn't be living large... but it would be a comfortable income for the rest of my life.

Of the remaining $7M, I would probably spend $500,000 on a nice house. Sure, I could spend ten times that much... but then I'd be paying property taxes, maintenance, repairs, upgrades, etc... and that gets expensive QUICK! I could get all the house I could ever want for $500,000, depending on the area.

I would then pay off all debts (I have very few, thankfully...)

The rest would be spent fun stuff:
        A large climate-controlled multi-car garage with a lift, and all the tools I could ever need
        Travel
        A fancy beer-brewing setup.
        and, of course... cars. Lots of cars! I'd get some of the standard "gotta have em" cars, of course... but I'd probably get a whole lot of oddball stuff that would just be interesting to have. I'd take a Shelby CSX over a Veyron.

Comment

- pay off my parents house
          - buy my own house with a nice fully stocked garage
          - bmw hp4
          - vacation

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            - Pay off student loans + insurance for a few years
            - Split the rest with family
            - Small house + big garage + strip & a small circuit by the foothills... somewhere the tuners can hang out safely and legally
            - Finish the CB
            - NSX-R and a Noble M400
            It's always odd seeing my own posts from so long ago. I feel I've changed a lot these last few years. But almost five years later I wouldn't really change my goals much. My student loans are paid off, but now I want to go back for welding/metal fab and body/paint... upholstery would be cool too. I still want a practically-sized house with a big garage with all the tool fixings... and a short road course on the property (honestly not sure how unrealistic something the size of Tsukuba is). I'd build the CB, and now the RSX, buy the dream NSX, then go after other dream project cars. Leave some aside for retirement. 30 mil, or what ever it amounts to is still probably too much for me to know what to do with, so the family would get something.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Get a hold of some good lawyers to protect me and my investments to get me out of financial legal matters once that comes the rest is history.

Pay off the little bit of bills I have rent an exotic car for a month but don't keep it buy a few houses and invest in them because they always bring in revenue and never get married and collect. Keep to myself and never have so-called friends around me and what I really do and just keep like minds around me with folks who have money too avoiding the users and phonies.

Comment

apartment buildings in san francisco. DONE.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  The very first thing is thank God, and then call all of my lawyers (personal injury, wills and estates, criminal, and tax), and my colleagues who know the ins and outs of investing (you have to be careful where you put money these days). I'm putting money up the right way. Next I would have a family meeting at The Outback Steakhouse. Sure we could go to Morton's or The Capital Grill, but I really don't want to over do it. We'll all eat good and I'll lay down some ground rules for us not to loose focus (everyone will get a fair and generous share). Next, order of events (not in chronological or numerical; it'll just happen when it happens):

...Donate to a few precincts/municipalities in major cities.
                  ...Contact some old associates from The Hood, and put them on the payroll just in case (got to have people around to guard this and that).
                  ...Donate to some churches that I am fond of.
                  ...Donate to a few recreational centers for under-privileged inner city youth.
                  ...Donate to AIDS/HIV research, herpes research, and cancer research.
                  ...Buy my mom (even though she's irritating, she's still mom) a Lexus LS 460 and a house.
                  ...Buy me a house (5 beds, 3.5 bath, 18 car garage (Rowed 6 x 3)), and a few other flats in the States. Also, buy some property to rent out. "..."a life like Grand Theft Auto, ***** PSP..." So what... That's part of my personality.
                  ...Travel.
                  ...Finish school ending up with a MBA from Wharton and a Master's in Engineering from Cal Tech. I'd also take some classes at Cornell and MIT; definitely not forgetting about Penn State and Howard University.
                  ...Begin networking to help finance my own car manufacturing company. It may take a whole lot of loans, but we'll get there.
                  ...Car List (all approximate spending values): It may change from time to time. BLUE = Stays in collection. YELLOW = May upgrade to new design model when it comes out.

1. 1941 Willy's Coupe w/ a Blown Chevy 502. = $75,000.
                  2. 1966 Chevy II w/ a worked 350 for street/strip. = $15,000.
                  3. 1967 Ford Mustang (Shelby GT 500). = $25,000.
                  4. 1969 Chevy Camaro SS (Pro Touring) w/ a fuel injected 427 (probably a LS7). = $25,000.
                  5. 1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX or SE, manual (decked out). = $10,000 = DAILY DRIVER (M, W, F).
                  6. 1995 Mazda RX-7. = $20,000.
                  7. 1995 Acura Legend LS Coupe, 6 speed. = $10,000 = DAILY DRIVER (T, TH).
                  8. 1996 Chevy Impala SS (if only you could see it now, you'd be impressed). X 3 (1 Black, 1 DGGM, and 1 DCM) = $50,000 = WEEKEND DRIVERS.
                  9. 2002 BMW M5. = $15,000.
                  10. 2003 BMW 330 Ci w/ sports package. = $15,000.
                  11. 2005 Ferrari 360 Modena, 6 speed. = $100,000.
                  12. 2005 Ferrari 360 Spider, 6 speed. = $100,000.
                  13. 2005 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, F1 Shifting = $100,000.
                  14. 2006 Aston Martin Vanquish S. = $75,000.
                  15. 2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty. = $30,000.
                  16. 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago. = $150,000 or so (might go new ).
                  17. 2010 CLS 63 AMG. = $75,000.
                  18. 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, manual. = $45,000.
                  19. 2011 GMC Yukon Denali XL. = Retail value (might lease).
                  20. 2011 Land Rover, Range Rover Sport. = Retail value (might lease) .
                  21. 2011 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo Van. = Retail vlaue (might lease).

OOPS: Forgot two of the most important cars of all (The Vettes), and a few others. I will buy them in their last year of production. Current years are posted.

22. 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06. = Retail value (buying).
                  23. 2011 Chevy Corvette ZR1. = Retail value (buying).
                  24. 2011 Volvo V50 = Retail value (might lease) = Because my uncle who passed really loved Volvo's, and I need a wagon in my collection.
                  25. 1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro, manual. = $15,000.
                  26. 2011 Lexus LS460 L AWD or LS600h L = Retail value (might lease).

I'd do other positive things too.

My son will be very well taken care of. *** VERY IMPORTANT***

Spending budget will follow soon to show that I can buy all of this, and still be very comfortable.

Budget:

Assuming taxes have been paid. If not, take out $5,000,000, and set aside for taxes (we will have a lot of tax write offs as well).
                  Cars, Yacht, and Motorcycles = $2,000,000.
                  Family = $7,000,000/15 people (I'm not sure who get's what chunks yet).
                  Totaling all donations = $6,000,000 (10&#37; to the church(es), ummmmm).
                  Other non-included spending incidentals (lawyers, shopping, travel, other spending) = $2,000,000.
                  Homes and real estate (investments properties as well) = $5,000,000.
                  My Home (my design) = $500,000.
                  My fall back spots, 1 in each city (New York, Philadelphia, Miami, Los Angeles, Detriot, Chicago) = $1,500,000.
                  Homes in the nicer parts of certain big cities for rent = $3,000,000.
                  (Property taxes will be paid using rent collected, and I'll pocket whatever is left over. I'll just be glad having the equity/capital under my belt).
                  Other (travel, school, other expenses not counted for yet) = $3,000,000.
                  Invest properly = $20,000,000.
                  Reviving this thread as by now I would've helped others build small business as well as using a portion of the money to get my small business off of the ground. I would probably be knee deep in my business and racing my motorcycle/cars enjoying life. I'm sure I would have a decent staff of employess in which we all work hard and play even harder. I would have the lastest and greatest in computers, technology, machinery, and...

I'd be doing some good, and not blowing through my money - TRUST AND BELIEVE!

As far as my collection:

1. 1941 Willy's Coupe w/ a Blown Chevy 502. = $75,000.
                  2. 1966 Chevy II w/ a worked 350 for street/strip. = $15,000.
                  3. 1967 Ford Mustang (Shelby GT 500) = SOLD.
                  4. 1969 Chevy Camaro SS (Pro Touring) w/ a fuel injected 427 (probably a LS7). = $25,000.
                  5. 1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX or SE, manual (decked out). = $10,000.
                  6. 1995 Mazda RX-7. = $20,000.
                  7. 1995 Acura Legend LS Coupe, 6 speed. = $10,000.
                  8. 1996 Chevy Impala SS (if only you could see it now, you'd be impressed). X 3 (1 Black, 1 DGGM, and 1 DCM = SOLD) = $50,000.
                  9. 2002 BMW M5. = $15,000.
                  10. 2003 BMW 330 Ci w/ sports package. = $15,000.
                  11. 2005 Ferrari 360 Modena, 6 speed. = $100,000.
                  12. 2005 Ferrari 360 Spider, 6 speed.= SOLD.
                  13. 2005 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, F1 Shifting = $100,000.
                  14. 2006 Aston Martin Vanquish S. = $75,000.
                  15. 2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty.= SOLD.
                  16. 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago.= SOLD
                  17. 2010 CLS 63 AMG. = SOLD.
                  18. 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, manual.= SOLD.
                  19. 2019 GMC Yukon Denali XL. = Retail value (might lease).
                  20. 2011 Land Rover, Range Rover Sport.= GONE.
                  21. 2015 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo Van. = $30,000.
                  22. 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06. = Retail value (buying).
                  23. 2011 Chevy Corvette ZR1. = Retail value (buying).
                  24. 2011 Volvo V50 = Retail value (might lease) = Because my uncle who passed really loved Volvo's, and I need a wagon in my collection.
                  25. 1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro, manual. = SOLD.
                  26. 2017 Lexus LS460 L AWD or LS600 = Retail value (might lease).
                  27. 2018 GMC Yukon Denali 3500 with dual rear wheels. = Whatever it cost.
                  28. 2019 Ferrari 488 Pista. = Whatever it cost.
                  29. 2015 Chevy SS manual. = $45,000. Daily Driver.
                  30. 2017 Chevy SS manual. = $45,000. Keeping it on ice with only 5 miles on it. Every month it gets driven for only 1 mile.
                  Last edited by Straight Success; 08-31-2018, 12:07 PM.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    Buy a house,
                    build a makerspace/garage with a 5-6 axis CNC, 3D printers, etc.
                    Buy a 1G NSX, keep it stock-ish.
                    Donate to some of Atlanta's music and arts programs.
                    Break my friends and fam off.
                    Continue to daily my CB
                    I like this bump. Shows a change in mindset over the years.

Bought a house already, so now that changes to pay for said house.

Still want that makerspace AND I want it right here in the SWATS.

Instead of an NSX, I'd rather take racing classes and learn how to be a better driver. I feel that the ability to squeeze the max potential out of any car is a far more valuable trait.

Instead of donating to Atlanta art and music specifically, I'd build up the south Atlanta area. We don't have anything down here compared to Decatur, Cobb, North Atlanta, etc.

Buy some parking lots downtown for the residual after the lottery money is exhausted.

Drive every track around the world. Real life Forza. So I guess more travel?

I don't have many physical things that I want, it's mainly skills, knowledge and experiences.

Edit: Wait...You owned a Murcielago? How'd that work out??
                    Last edited by sonikaccord; 08-31-2018, 04:54 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      I like this bump. Shows a change in mindset over the years...

Edit: Wait...You owned a Murcielago? How'd that work out??
                      I agree. The mindset shows maturity and priorities that are more important as we grow. In addition to building my business, I also would be expanding my knowledge and learning as that's what a successful business owner does to stay competitive and sharp.

Yes, I owned a Murcielago. I took it out on the town like six or seven weekends in the summer. I tracked it at four different tracks and it was amazing. I also let my brother and two of my cousins borrow it for a month each. However, the cost of the maintenance now that it's out of warranty and considering I only racked up 1800 miles on it since I've owned it, I couldn't justify holding onto any longer. Also, it was taking up needed space.

I'll see you at Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours next month. How 'bout it?
                      Last edited by Straight Success; 09-01-2018, 02:55 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Pay my girl's student loans + assorted family debts

Quit my job

Link w/a good hedge fund

Buy some property

Buy a Ferrari 458/ E39 M5/ X5M/ BB1 VTEC in the city

Man I'd do a lot this thread is depressing
                        Interesting how things have changed. Some are the same (paying off debt) but most has changed

I'd get with a proven financial management company

I don't think I'd buy any cars nor would I buy much property to live in. I'd probably do a house here in NC and a condo in NYC, but I'd spend most of my time travelling anyway. And car ownership is kind of a PITA... I'd join a service like Classic Car Club of Manhattan or do some kind of subscription service and just swap cars around for my mood. If I built something I'd keep it for a year and toss it; just don't have the desire to hold on to a ton of shit.

I'd also get my master's and really pursue music.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

How is everyone enjoying their winnings?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'd never actually waste money on a lottery ticket, but I still dream of getting a house well away from any populated area.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                            X