CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Swaps

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #41
steelbluesleepR
I shoot people

steelbluesleepR seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostJDM View Post
haha all in due time, the wait will be so worth it, I just need a few hundred more $$ then I'll order it, and the trans, I could get the engine right now, but it's alot harder to find a manual trans for it alone and a wiring harness, that is uncut from the engine to the ecu( although i have found a few now)
dude, why make us wait? we'll be following it no matter what, letting us know ahead of time will make it that much more anticipated.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fry
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com
steelbluesleepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #42
almostJDM
Contributing Member

almostJDM is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to almostJDM Send a message via MSN to almostJDM Send a message via Yahoo to almostJDM
haha hmmmm, well I dunno although I doubt I have to worry about someone taking my idea, their could always be that one person that already has the cash to do it and the know how, I've got the know how just saving a bit more so I can be ready for the expected an unexpected stuff

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.
almostJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #43
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy seems to have made some friends!
I would delete the thread till purchases are made (no offense at all)

We've been here before (not with you) and it always ended in heartbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #44
J-Tiki
CB7tuner Member

J-Tiki is cool... so far.
Have you figured out what your going to do with the hood clearance? It looks like that Type R managed to do a little fabbing underneath and kept the stock hood. I'm curious cause, it would be sweet to keep it as stock looking as possible.

Here is the hood on the EG
Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #45
almostJDM
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to almostJDM Send a message via MSN to almostJDM Send a message via Yahoo to almostJDM
for the engine I am using I shouldn't need to alter the hood because its 24" tall with the intake manifold the way it sits, and If I mess with the oil pan and sump like I've read about then I can gain a few more inches of clearance, but I wont know until I get ready to plop it in, but if I do have to then I will see about getting a different hood or possibly having one made, I will probably go carbon to keep the weight down, since the new engine is 100lbs more then an H22, I think, I know that with the whole swap for that engine on a wooden pallet it weighed 750lbs, but that was engine, trans, brakes, ecu, all the accessories, and one of the cross members

1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Quote:
Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Last edited by almostJDM; 01-15-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #46
almostJDM
Contributing Member

ok, does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 93 lx cluster?, I've searched google and even on here and all I've found was photos of a hand written one and I can't read it, well except for a few pin spots

1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Quote:
Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #47
DRAGON JOEY
Contributing Member

DRAGON JOEY is cool... so far.
Ok you mentioned that the engine you will be installing is mentioned on your sig...I do love one thing about your sig as much as I love my CB7, so I'm guessing that the engine that will be going into your CB if it's what I'm gonna mention will be a hell of a swap...

Is it Godzilla's heart Skyline RB25 engine?

.................................................. .................................................. ...
God First, Family Second, and CB's for fun Third...
DRAGON JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #48
almostJDM
Contributing Member

I can neither confirm nor deny that about the engine choice right now

1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Quote:
Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #49
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
An RB would require RWD to fit into our Accord, would it not? Besides, as often as those things are tuned beyond 1,000hp, it would in my opinion be a waste of an engine to mate it FWD.

Can you at least say whether it's a Honda engine? Realistically, considering the 500hp goal and the required aftermarket support to reach it, if you're sticking to Honda I could only see a K-swap since a V6 is out of the equation. Personally, an EJ out of a Suby would be tits. Anyway, it's gotta be a four-banger at 700lbs.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-06-2011 at 11:12 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #50
steelbluesleepR
I shoot people

why would the v6 be out of the question? im thinking maybe a c-series v6 from a legend or nsx?

Quote:
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #51
almostJDM
Contributing Member

ugh, ok since I bought the engine and transmission this past week I'll spill the beans, but first to answer your questions, the RB wouldn't be able to be mounted in a FWD format because it is too long, just the engine would fit in the engine bay with a few inches to spare, and yes it would have to be RWD to go into an accord, and no its not a honda, also the EJ would be a fun swap, but I am not doing an EJ swap hehe, and no a V6 wouldn't be out of the question if someone wanted to make 500hp out of it, after all honda used a fully stock j32a2 with j35 pistons and rods and twin turboed it making 500+whp in their element, well anyways, heres my new engine....and new with it a new project name...................PROJECT: uh I still havent come up with a fitting name yet

engine dimensions are 32" long thats from trans mating surface to tip of fan, 26" wide, thats from the outter edge of the turbo to the outter edge of the intake mani, and 26"tall, thats from the top of the intake mani to the bottom of the oil pan, I am going to be reversing the oil pan from the front of the engine to the rear to gain some ground clearance, and installing a greddy intake manifold to gain a few inches also

I will be making a engine build thread once I get the engine in and running first

1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Quote:

Last edited by almostJDM; 02-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #52
itstatcb7kid707
CB7tuner Member

itstatcb7kid707 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to itstatcb7kid707 Send a message via MSN to itstatcb7kid707 Send a message via Yahoo to itstatcb7kid707 Send a message via Skype™ to itstatcb7kid707
this is going to be insane once done!
itstatcb7kid707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #53
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
What is that? I don't know Nissan engines, but that looks like an RB valve cover... and the tranny and cooling fan... ARE you doing a RWD conversion?!. Good gawd. The best of luck if you are, that's a hell of a conversion to get right. At least you live nearby, I want to see this one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostJDM View Post
update, plans have changed no more V6 for me, I'll be swapping in an engine of a different variety
That's why I said a V6 was out of the equation, btw. Cylinder count has nothing to do with horsepower potential, as anyone in the Honda community should know. Someone tells us "no," we're going to kick their big-block V8's ass.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #54
whitejdmcb7
Contributing Member

whitejdmcb7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to whitejdmcb7
Intersesting...I was really hoping for a v6, however original for sure and if it is competed with sucess it will be fast and won't be a honda anymore

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973
whitejdmcb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #55
almostJDM
Contributing Member

CyborgGT the engine is an RB25det out of a R33 Skyline GTST, and you will, I will be bringing it down there to get tuned, once I build the engine after I get it running in stock form, the hardest part about this build mechanically will be finding a rear suspension that fits, so I will more then likely be going the same way as weirtech over at Honda-tech, and the hardest part electrically will be the tach, the engine swap I bought comes with everything including supposidly an uncut harness so all I will need to do is run the wires that go to the chassis like ign, speedo, tach and some others

1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #56
WiKKeDV16
Mr.Influential.

WiKKeDV16 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to WiKKeDV16
If ur going Aarons route... this build is gonna take some time... scratch that.. lots of time.. the amount of fabrication aaron put into that crx is crazy.. and thats at his cost.. so.. i cant imagine paying someone to do that work..

best of luck regardless..

rear suspension you could use would be that of a s2k

i think thats what aaron based his off of

Praise The Lowered...
WiKKeDV16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #57
almostJDM
Contributing Member

yea it'll take alot of time to do, and I dunno how much time weir had to work on it but he seemed fairly busy, I will have 16 days a month to work on it, and once a month I have 7 day off strait so it'll help out alot on the time thing

1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #58
steelbluesleepR
I shoot people

damn dude, thats gonna be awesome. another possible rear end is one from a 240, those are really nicely packaged and all-in one. ive seen several mini-trucks that use the rear out of an s13 because of that.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #59
almostJDM
Contributing Member

that's what I plan to use, I found a full sub frame, with diff, brakes, and everything else, all except struts and springs, and when I'm at the point where I'm ready for the drive shaft I'll measure the skyline one I'm ordering and let The Driveshaft Shop know, the only thing wrong with the rear diff I'm getting with the sub frame is it's non LSD, so I'll be getting a nismo one after she is running again

1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #60
h22cb719
CB7tuner Member

h22cb719 is cool... so far.
another viable option for a rear-end would be a mitsu/dsm 4bolt rear from a talon/eclipse/laser.... WAY beefy enough to handle the power it'll make or plan on making, factory LSD, and damn near bulletproof..... Might be something worth looking into?

Either way, G/L mane!

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...
h22cb719 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rb25det accord coupe , rwd

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: