CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 11-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #1
cb7allday
Newcomer

cb7allday is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to cb7allday
Help With Vtec

I just bought another honda accord....its a 1992 with the vtec swap...engine and tranny...it have nooooo acceleration...im thinking its either because the ecu was not switched or something else was not done right...It have the stock exaust on it....Also when i start the car it sometimes shut off...I been doing some reading and it seems like it happens sometimes when you do this swap but i am not sure...it may also be the timing i have heard?

i tried to go to autozone and get them to run the computer and they said they cant read cars under 95 or 97 dont remember which one....i took pictures of the car and engine but i have no idea how to put it up
If There is anything i can do that may help please tell me
cb7allday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
What is "the vtec swap"?

Is your CEL on?

Why is this in Off Topic?

You bought a car that was modified, you seem to not know the first thing about it, and you're giving very sketchy details that include more information about your proposed solutiions than the problem itself... There's not much anyone can do to help you with what you've provided thus far.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
cb7allday
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
What is "the vtec swap"?

Is your CEL on?

Why is this in Off Topic?

You bought a car that was modified, you seem to not know the first thing about it, and you're giving very sketchy details that include more information about your proposed solutiions than the problem itself... There's not much anyone can do to help you with what you've provided thus far.
I don't know that much about it....im just recently getting into cars...So right now im trying to learn as i go along...its the f22b....I have no idea what an cel is...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
cb7allday
Newcomer

O sorry..didnt know this was in off topic :-/.....Dont know that much about this website either lol
Old 11-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
ibr_adam09
Contributing Member

ibr_adam09 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to ibr_adam09
-You might need to adjust your idle screw or clean the IACV so it doesn't stall.
-You can read any engine codes by putting a paper clip in the blue plug on the passenger side dash under glove box
- you need the same ECU to run the engine. I think you can pull one from a Acura CL 2.2

BTW, Vtec doesnt add HP, infact it's there to help with economy. So please don't think Vtec is all that

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
-2005 Legacy GT limited [current]
ibr_adam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Being new to the site doesn't excuse anything... read, and you will understand what you are doing. You're asking us to give our time to help you, so the least you could do is give a little of your own time to at least try to understand how things work around here.

CEL is the Check Engine Light. If it is on, that means your ECU (engine computer) is alerting you to an error. The "Read this first" thread in the technical section (where this belongs) has a link to a very helpful thread that will show you exactly how to check to see what that error code is. It even has pictures!

now I'll ask again... what engine do you have? "VTEC" is a form of variable valve timing. It is not a specific engine, and there are quite a few VTEC engines that can be put into these cars.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
ibr_adam09
Contributing Member

ibr_adam09 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to ibr_adam09
He said he has a F22b

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
-2005 Legacy GT limited [current]
ibr_adam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Where did he say that?

Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
GunRunner
Contributing Member

GunRunner seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Where did he say that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7allday View Post
I don't know that much about it....im just recently getting into cars...So right now im trying to learn as i go along...its the f22b....I have no idea what an cel is...
-2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4
GunRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Ah, I missed that.

It's difficult to read sentence fragments...

Tags
ecu , honda , swaps , v tec , vtec

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: