Autox class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autox class?

Ok I have done some research on autocross classes and am still not sure. What class would I be in i have a 92 accord lx with the f22a1 I have a header,SRI, and front sway bar. Also what class would I be in if I did a h22a swap? Thanks

With the stock motor your SCCA class would be street touring not 100% sure but that's what I've been classified at with similar mods. If you go with the swap you would be in street mod which would be no fun for a Fwd car. You would be up against set-4's bassically any modded front wheel drive turbo.

Comment

Dang ok well I dont know yet I may just swap it and run it at the drag strip. But I was really wanting to do some road racing but also want a h22a possibly.

Comment

DSP?
        caps

Comment

Originally posted by Julianachos View Post
          DSP?
          caps
          What is this?

Comment

he only said stock motor ... there is lots that can be done and LOOK stock . if it has not been swapped , why not build it yo ? SOHC's make mad power when worked right .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
              he only said stock motor ... there is lots that can be done and LOOK stock . if it has not been swapped , why not build it yo ? SOHC's make mad power when worked right .
              Well I thought of doing this and originally wanted to turbo it, however it is my daily driver and I was wanting to make around 215-235 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by WP'sFinest View Post
                What is this?
                Driver street prepared. It's an auto-x class that I was in. You could always ask at the event when registering on what class you should be in... just saying.

Comment

Oh ok. Did you autox with a cb7?

Comment

dsp is d street prepared, the d does not stand for anything, and accords should run in fsp not dsp. you could also run in ST(street touring) SM(street modified) ep(e prepared) or a couple other classes too probably.

As for what class you are running, dont really worry about it, go drive and have fun.

If you dont have the right car prepped for the right class you probably wont win. There are novice groups and pro groups at some events, so dive it a try if you want and dont take it too seriously. There are a lot of people into autoX that spend tons of money on tires, entry fees, travel costs, and sometimes a new "car of the day" every year.
                    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                    newer race video,older race videos
                    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      dsp is d street prepared, the d does not stand for anything, and accords should run in fsp not dsp. you could also run in ST(street touring) SM(street modified) ep(e prepared) or a couple other classes too probably.

As for what class you are running, dont really worry about it, go drive and have fun.

If you dont have the right car prepped for the right class you probably wont win. There are novice groups and pro groups at some events, so dive it a try if you want and dont take it too seriously. There are a lot of people into autoX that spend tons of money on tires, entry fees, travel costs, and sometimes a new "car of the day" every year.
                      Yeah I just want to do it every now and then for fun. Just waiting on the local leader or whatever he his to email me back some information. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by WP'sFinest View Post
                        Oh ok. Did you autox with a cb7?
                        mhm.

Comment

When I got into AutoX, I used my CB, more suspension than motor. AutoX is great!!! Fun as hell. Teaches you how to really handle your car. But your suspension will take a beating. Just parts of the game. I'm still learingin about classes so I really can't tell you where you will be, but I know, once you boost, you will be thrown in a class a beginner will have a hard time competing. If you want power, swap the motor and work at the craft. "The G Man" schooled me on the art of AutoX. Asked him anything and he'll be glad to help. He's the orignator and innovator of the CB7 autoX. He has videos posted up.
                          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          My coupe!!!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
                            When I got into AutoX, I used my CB, more suspension than motor. AutoX is great!!! Fun as hell. Teaches you how to really handle your car. But your suspension will take a beating. Just parts of the game. I'm still learingin about classes so I really can't tell you where you will be, but I know, once you boost, you will be thrown in a class a beginner will have a hard time competing. If you want power, swap the motor and work at the craft. "The G Man" schooled me on the art of AutoX. Asked him anything and he'll be glad to help. He's the orignator and innovator of the CB7 autoX. He has videos posted up.
                            Thanks. Yeah I have decided to just swap it I'm pretty sure but on down the road. Thats why I'm doin the suspension first. I'm still tryin to find out where they do autox around here. So far the only thing I can find is that they do it down in Nashville quite often.

Comment

well said.

not 100%, dont want to go look at the SCCA book right now
                              FSP for slight modded stock motor accords (no internals) race tires
                              ST for stock-modded accord on street tires
                              EM for highly modified accords
                              EP for prepared accords
                              SM for swapped accords
                              93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Working...
                              X