CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 08-01-2018, 07:13 AM   #41
oneoffaccord
Accord of the Month: November 2006

oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends! oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to oneoffaccord
so weird for you to be CB less
oneoffaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:42 AM   #42
tommi
Accord of the Month: August 2011

tommi seems to have made some friends!
Nice outback though

(125)Transactions and counting
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:51 AM   #43
hiptech
CB7tuner Member

hiptech seems to have made some friends! hiptech seems to have made some friends!
That's too bad Mike. It's a shame it didn't work out...
I've fantasized over the years of having a Cashmere coupe to match the 4-dr. But like you priorities keeping getting in the way. Keep the faith you never know what the future holds.
04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)
hiptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:04 PM   #44
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
I'm mainly curious if you're done with the 'car' thing, and are instead getting into fixing up that house you picked up. I think I remember you saying that was a project.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #45
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
I'm mainly curious if you're done with the 'car' thing, and are instead getting into fixing up that house you picked up. I think I remember you saying that was a project.
Thus is life.

I am stuck. Dying inside for a project car, but I bought a new house last year, have 2 kids, and two DD to maintain.

Traded my Accord for a CRV to be more practical.

Now im thinking I need to go the same route as Mike and trade this CRV in for a Subaru LOL.

Similar options, but they come a little bit more loaded than this CRV.

Im not digging sitting up so high, and the gas mileage is not as good as my Accord.

Welp
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #46
cp[mike]
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoffaccord View Post
so weird for you to be CB less
I know but the truth is, I've been without a CB for a while now. Sure I had one parked outside, but its been years since I've daily driven or worked on one for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi View Post
Nice outback though
Haha thanks :cringes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiptech View Post
That's too bad Mike. It's a shame it didn't work out...
I've fantasized over the years of having a Cashmere coupe to match the 4-dr. But like you priorities keeping getting in the way. Keep the faith you never know what the future holds.
Yeah I can appreciate that, for years I've fantasized over having a frost white coupe all done up. But there are lots of things in life that I wish I have/had and plenty of projects that never finished materializing. As I entered my 30's I started to accept that more and more. At this point I'd rather clear up my backlog of "old projects to finish" to make room for potential new ones that are more fitted to my current life situation/style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
I think it was unintentionally part of it. See my response above to hiptech - the house project is what made me realize that life will continue bringing new/different things to work on and deal with.

Truth is, really it started with my distaste for the CRV since I moved west - I had every intention of building the CB, I only got the subaru to replace the CRV as my daily driver. Then the comfort, quality, speed, fun, and usefulness of the subaru made me realize that it satisfies all of my car requirements in one. I just couldnt see myself spending hours adding features and cleaning up a car that I don't use, when my daily driver already has everything and more. It certainly isn't the CB, but I learned that I am OK living with that (much to my own surprise)

Once I had the subaru for a few weeks, and was 6+ months into the house project, it all coalesced into the realization that it was time to release myself from the attachment and burden of keeping my car and parts collection around.

It will forever be a great memory, and I very much value my experience here and all of the cool people I've met over the years! But I think this marks the end of my 15-year CB7 involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post
Thus is life.

I am stuck. Dying inside for a project car, but I bought a new house last year, have 2 kids, and two DD to maintain.

Traded my Accord for a CRV to be more practical.

Now im thinking I need to go the same route as Mike and trade this CRV in for a Subaru LOL.

Similar options, but they come a little bit more loaded than this CRV.

Im not digging sitting up so high, and the gas mileage is not as good as my Accord.

Welp
I dont have a wife and kids (yet?) but a two-house duplex and 3 cars and a full time job plus other hobbies, sometimes you realize life keeps moving, and ya gotta just keep making the best decisions you can along the way. There is definitely nothing wrong with that! I'd even argue that it's a good thing.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
- 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
- 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
Current cars:
- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
- 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Last edited by cp[mike]; 08-08-2018 at 05:25 PM.
cp[mike] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #47
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp[mike] View Post

I dont have a wife and kids (yet?) but a two-house duplex and 3 cars and a full time job plus other hobbies, sometimes you realize life keeps moving, and ya gotta just keep making the best decisions you can along the way. There is definitely nothing wrong with that! I'd even argue that it's a good thing.
Oh yea, I agree with that. I have no complaints. Just miss working on cars, like not just maintenance, but actually doing mods. Miss the feeling of accomplishment.

But you are right. I get that satisfaction in other ways, and I have accepted that life takes you to different places. Right now all my money goes into the house, my kids, and any vacations we can scrape together as that will mean more to my kids down the road, than any toys or projects will mean to me.

For all the reasons you listed about loving your Subaru, is why I am eager to try one out for a DD. I just picked up the CRV, but I had been toying with getting a Subaru before I picked up the Accord.

Might have to wait a while, but I will either eventually replace the CRV with a Subaru or find a cheap older one to drive in the winter or for times I don't want to drive the CRV. Also the CRV is an auto and I miss driving a stick, so if I could afford to pickup a cheap Subi, then I could get one in manual and not worry about my wife being stranded eventually.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #48
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Looks like the car's already up for sale again. This one photo still looks to have the CB7Tuner decal in place:

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...693616627.html

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: