Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help with removing engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with removing engine

im about to take out my h22 engine. could someone help me with removing it? where should i start? about how long would this take?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=8849

this is a guide for the f22 but it should help you out.

Comment

The F22 instructions will be just about the same, aside from the wiring and sensors that the H22 has that aren't present on the F22.

As for length of time... it all depends on what tools you have at your disposal, and how quickly you work. I'm a VERY slow worker when it comes to my car. I don't dive into things... I carefully plan out each step, and make sure I'm doing it right (and I STILL manage to break things... )

One very helpful suggestion would be this:
      Get lots of sandwich bags, and some masking tape. Use the bags for anything you remove from a certain area. Distributor bolts? Bag em, label the bag, set it aside. If individual bolts are unique, use the masking tape to label them individually, and maybe even put a label on the area of the engine that it goes. This will save LOTS of time when you put things back in.

I didn't do this the last time I did my clutch. I took a few weeks to get things back together. I have 5 stray bolts. I have no idea where they go. Some guys can do this stuff in their sleep. I can't. You're asking this, so I'm sure you can't either. Don't make the same mistake I did!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The F22 instructions will be just about the same, aside from the wiring and sensors that the H22 has that aren't present on the F22.

As for length of time... it all depends on what tools you have at your disposal, and how quickly you work. I'm a VERY slow worker when it comes to my car. I don't dive into things... I carefully plan out each step, and make sure I'm doing it right (and I STILL manage to break things... )

One very helpful suggestion would be this:
        Get lots of sandwich bags, and some masking tape. Use the bags for anything you remove from a certain area. Distributor bolts? Bag em, label the bag, set it aside. If individual bolts are unique, use the masking tape to label them individually, and maybe even put a label on the area of the engine that it goes. This will save LOTS of time when you put things back in.

I didn't do this the last time I did my clutch. I took a few weeks to get things back together. I have 5 stray bolts. I have no idea where they go. Some guys can do this stuff in their sleep. I can't. You're asking this, so I'm sure you can't either. Don't make the same mistake I did!
        This is the truth. I always have bolts and nuts leftover.
        Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

the bolts and nuts are just prizes for you completing the job. i always have nuts and bolts left over.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
          X