Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Make your OEM foglights work independent of headlights (Wiring diagram!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love it that gives me a new project to work on

Comment

Does the fog lights turn off when you hit the high beams or do they say on all the time?
      Xbox: cityslika4g63

Comment

Originally posted by bustedhonda View Post
        Does the fog lights turn off when you hit the high beams or do they say on all the time?
        It depends on how you set it up. Just cutting and grounding the single wire will retain the fogs off w/ highs.

If you want the fogs to always stay on even with the high beams, take the plugs out of the little black plastic things in the wires that are close to the relays.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
          It depends on how you set it up. Just cutting and grounding the single wire will retain the fogs off w/ highs.

If you want the fogs to always stay on even with the high beams, take the plugs out of the little black plastic things in the wires that are close to the relays.
          Ok cool. Here in VA your fogs have to turn off when you turn your high beams on or it will fail state inspection.
          Xbox: cityslika4g63

Comment

oem fogs

good writeup i followed everything you said to the "T" everything works great

Comment

Hey I got a 92-93 Fog harness A,B and C for FREE!!!! Sorry adout that. Hey man great write up. I have been tinking about tis for a few week now and im going to try this. All I need need do now is find some OE fogs now.

Comment

i cant wait until i do this to my new car. great write up

Comment

Thank you for this write up. In my head I was like I hope I don't cut the wrong wire lol
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

people like you make my life 100x easier lol
                    great write up man!
                    also you should include the info about the two little plugs near the relays that keep on the High beam + Fog in the first post to clear things up cause thats what led me to this thread

Comment

Nice write up.

Where exactly are these little plugs that need to be removed so the fogs & highs can be on at the same time? Anybody have any pics of this? Been wanting to figure this out for a long time now.
                      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

i just bought a set of depo fog's and idk if i can wire them to the cruise control switch? i do not have cruise control so the switch is just sitting there with use atm. does anyone know if this would work? if not jabercb7 has a fog switch hes willing to sell to me. also i do not have any of the wiring for the fogs so it would be straight for the fog to the switch with fuse or two along the wires.

Comment

Hey, I cut the wire that's not associated with the brown plug (The other blue/red wire that goes to the white plug) But when I test it it's a positive source (Has 12 volts), so am I supposed to use the wire that goes to the brown plug?
                          '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
                          '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
                          '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

i think i used this write up along with another one i dnt remember but i needed additional info becuz i was using aftermarket fog wiring harness to this was definetly informative

Comment

bumping this thread for more info...

Does this same procedure apply to 90-91 harnesses as well? If it is different, is there still a way to use the fogs independently from lows and highs?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Nevermind. i worked it out for myself and it works like a charm. For 90-91 harnesses it's pretty much the same thing but you only need to switch the plug with the white wire in the under dash fuse box from far right to far left. That way you get fogs on without low-beams but they still turn off when you take the key out of the ignition.

This definitely helped me out. Thanks again for this great DIY!

My results:
                                Last edited by islandhopper; 09-06-2012, 07:42 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X