CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 12-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #21
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
You forgot the amazing interior choice for the 93 SE, peanut butter leather.

I never loved the burgundy/blue etc, but it is inline with the choices from that decade, so it makes sense.

I never really "hated" anything about my cb. I can't recall one thing that annoyed me. Everything made sense, which is I think part of why it was so beloved.

It has also been 8 years since I have been inside a cb7, so maybe im forgetting.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #22
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
yes, i never really hated anything about the cb7. for the year it was released it was an amazing car. I guess if I had to pick one thing it's the amount of times I've locked my keys in the car or the rust.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #23
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
I kept a spare key in my wallet. It actually saved me once.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #24
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
Wait?! You guys actually lock your doors?! Who would want to steal a 24-27 year old car?

Oh wait... literally everyone.
Add that to something I hate about the car, everyone wants to take it from you.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #25
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Wait?! You guys actually lock your doors?! Who would want to steal a 24-27 year old car?

Oh wait... literally everyone.
Add that to something I hate about the car, everyone wants to take it from you.
Back when I drove mine everyday, it was broken into or almost stolen 5 times in less than 2 year period; as with my truck I suppose they were trying to take it for parts.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #26
Losiracer2
CB7tuner Member

Losiracer2 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Losiracer2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp[mike] View Post
pro tip from an upstate New Yorker, for all my rust-concerned friends: FluidFilm
Do you just do the suspension components? or crossmembers and fuel tank, hubs, dust shields etc?

I was going to buy some undercoating for my Lexus since that's my DD, We've already had 6" of snow here in Michigan and all the salt sucks.

I was going to take it to a carwash that does the underside every 2 weeks or so to keep the salt off.

member's ride thread
93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
97' Lexus LS400 291k miles.....Luxury Cruiser DD
89' SEi Coupe 42k miles one owner museum find
Losiracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #27
Honda_Lady
CB7tuner Member

Honda_Lady is cool... so far.
Most definitely the drink holder, they definitely didn't think that one through!
Honda_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #28
oni_cb7
CB7tuner Member

oni_cb7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Lady View Post
Most definitely the drink holder, they definitely didn't think that one through!
That's because you have a 92... The 90/91 accord has the best drink holder ever....

You can fit two drinks on either side of the parking brake in a 90/91. Perfect drink holder.

Last edited by oni_cb7; 12-13-2017 at 01:59 PM.
oni_cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #29
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni_cb7 View Post
That's because you have a 92... The 90/91 accord has the best drink holder ever....

You can fit two drinks on either side of the parking brake in a 90/91. Perfect drink holder.

So, so true. It's the only thing I miss from the 90/91 in my 93 coupe the drink holder is so far sub-par to the side of the seat and the e-brake handle for holding drinks.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #30
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris seems to have made some friends! F22Chris seems to have made some friends!
Guys my MK2 and the S15 donít have cup holders at all! The cup holder on the Sonoma are pathetic dips on the INSIDE of the glove box. Ill take a picture so you can be thankful they even had them! Nothing like driving stick with one hand.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:39 AM   #31
chi
CB7tuner Member

chi is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22Chris View Post
Guys my MK2 and the S15 donít have cup holders at all! The cup holder on the Sonoma are pathetic dips on the INSIDE of the glove box. Ill take a picture so you can be thankful they even had them! Nothing like driving stick with one hand.
Ahhh chevys awesome 90s cup holders. Them damn things wouldnt hold a full can of pepsi while the vehicles is stationary lol. Only time i used mine in my 91 1500,i set a big ass fountain drink in it,let go and my glove box and soda fell on the fresh carpet after that,i buy bottles of soda and keep them tucked behind my arm rest

I honestly don't hate anything about my cb7,except the fact that it isn't sitting in my garage with the f22b1 in it already lol. Only real complaint i have is lack of choice for suspension parts. It's either shell out big bucks for a nice kit,or half ass it with cheap stuff
chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #32
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi View Post
Ahhh chevys awesome 90s cup holders. Them damn things wouldnt hold a full can of pepsi while the vehicles is stationary lol. Only time i used mine in my 91 1500,i set a big ass fountain drink in it,let go and my glove box and soda fell on the fresh carpet after that,i buy bottles of soda and keep them tucked behind my arm rest

I honestly don't hate anything about my cb7,except the fact that it isn't sitting in my garage with the f22b1 in it already lol. Only real complaint i have is lack of choice for suspension parts. It's either shell out big bucks for a nice kit,or half ass it with cheap stuff
Relatively speaking, the tried and true koni yellows with a decent spring aren't too expensive. The only thing that gets me about the cup holders, aside from their proximity to the radio if you have one, is that they are a one size fits all and there isn't a lot of support for anything taller than a 12 oz. can of soda. If they had a larger and smaller holder in the same tray and the bottom (the shallow depression in the console underneath) were deeper I think they'd function better for the average drink.

I do ho add one more thing to my list and I think it can qualify as a genuine hate, The fact we have HOR 4X114.3 hubs. Granted we don't change rotors very often but it would be nice to have the ability to change rotors on a whim (say track day rotors and daily rotors) without lilkely having to buy and install new bearings. I also hate that all the nice, legitimate wheels for sale are almost without exception 4X100 or 5X114.3. If I happen to see a set of real wheels for sale that do have the right lug pattern they are usually 15's.

Last edited by Bunta; 12-14-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #33
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
The rust issue is definitely related to where you are in the world. As old as these cars are, you're going to have at least some unless you're in the desert somewhere. My car has been in Dallas its whole life and I've been all over this thing in the last couple months. It had a teensy bit here and there, but I can't complain.

When I think about the cupholders in context of what year the car was made, it wasn't common for fast food restaurants, gas stations, etc to offer huge soda cups. I think the size and strength of the cupholders was fine for back then. Perfect for a 12oz soda can IMO.
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #34
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni_cb7 View Post

Coincidentally, the cupholder in my RSX is one of my favorite little features of the car . Still under the stereo, but fits typical "large"-size fountain drinks - I've only cracked a couple abnormally long straws. Depth provides plenty of support, too. There are only two rear seats because of a plastic piece in the middle of the cushion, yet passengers get three cupholders: one at the back end of the center console, plus one under either quarter window. It's like Honda got on their knees to apologize for my old sedan.

The whole dash/center design makes me want to see about fitting one into the CB.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #35
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
pro tip from an upstate New Yorker, for all my rust-concerned friends: FluidFilm
Fluid Film is both the best and worst product I've ever worked with. I have absolutely coated the frame on both my 2013 and 2016 Tacomas as well as the bottoms of the doors / tail gates and rocker panels to the point they drip out the weep holes and off the frame on 90 degree days in the summer. My 2013 had seen (4) Northeast winters before it was totaled and the frame looked almost brand new except the leading edge of the lower transmission crossmember that was consistently pelted with rocks and road debris. I sold my original factory bumper to a fellow forum member and was putting on his truck and all of his welds had surface rust and the frame coating was starting to turn brown. That in itself sold me.

I actually have this kit with the upgraded spray gun and all the wands. It's brilliant.

The MAJOR downfall of the product is the smell. I find myself nearly dry heaving every time I work with it. That being said, I put nearly a half gallon on my truck a year and so far, so good.

Quote:
The closest thing I've played with is this not-at-all-a-honda-but-crappy-enough-graphics-that-i-can-pretend add-on vehicle to the SuperTuxKart game:
http://stkaddons.net/karts/mm001
There is actually an online database for cars in video games. This is the Honda section.

This is an Accord they show for a game called "Road Burner", which I found here (Hopefully it's not full of viruses).
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:08 PM   #36
wed3k
Contributing Member

wed3k seems to have made some friends! wed3k seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to wed3k
when i had my cb7, it was the distributor. ive broken down so many times because of that damn ignitor!

i was going to look into a coil setup but got into a subaru forester (which has a coil pack hah)

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.
wed3k is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: