Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

P12 ecu OBD swap Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P12 ecu OBD swap Q's

Over the weekend i decided to make the 2 hour trip to the nearest PNP to get a passenger side mirror, find a few misc. parts and price out leather seats from a cd5. During my little adventure i came across a 4G prelude S so i proceeded to pull the P12. On the way home we stopped to get gas and i was so excited to try it out i started to swap the ecu only to find out i had gotten an OBD2 P12 instead of an OBD1 which is what my 92' LX is. My questions are.

Would an OBD1 to OBD2 conversion harness work?
    Does the f22a1 from the slightly newer prelude have any sensors that my cb doesnt that would cause it to throw a code?
    Am i actually going to be able to physically feel the difference "10 hp gain"

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Miho1269; 10-29-2012, 11:22 PM. Reason: wrong obd #

Originally posted by Miho1269 View Post
    Over the weekend i decided to make the 2 hour trip to the nearest PNP to get a passenger side mirror, find a few misc. parts and price out leather seats from a cd5. During my little adventure i came across a 4G prelude S so i proceeded to pull the P12. On the way home we stopped to get gas and i was so excited to try it out i started to swap the ecu only to find out i had gotten an OBD1 P12 instead of an OBD0 which is what my 92' LX is. My questions are.

Would an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness work?
    Does the f22a1 from the slightly newer prelude have any sensors that my cb doesnt that would cause it to throw a code?
    Am i actually going to be able to physically feel the difference "10 hp gain"

Thanks in advance.
    CB7's are obd1....
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Did the 4th gen 'ludes switch to obd2 and if they did then i have the same questions but obd1 to obd2 sorry bout that.

Comment

Originally posted by Miho1269 View Post
        Did the 4th gen 'ludes switch to obd2 and if they did then i have the same questions but obd1 to obd2 sorry bout that.
        are you you're not mixing up the ecu and tcu?
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          are you you're not mixing up the ecu and tcu?
          Both are 5 speed and both are located in the same spot on the car and it says p12 on the ecu from the prelude

Comment

Im going to run out to my car and take a pic of the p12 for you i would take one of the accords but in sure u know what that looks like. im gonna be so mad if this is completely off the wall wrong.

Comment

My guess is you got a P12 out of a '96 Prelude S. That's the one year that the 4th generation Preludes were OBD2.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yes, it's likely an OBD2 P12. Unfortunately... there's really nothing you can do. You probably COULD convert to OBD2, but for 10hp it's really not worth the effort.

Comment

This one came out blurred but it says p12-A20

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Yes, it's likely an OBD2 P12. Unfortunately... there's really nothing you can do. You probably COULD convert to OBD2, but for 10hp it's really not worth the effort.
                    Well with my luck that doesnt really surprise me. thanks for the help guys.

Comment

You have the rare '96 P12 ECU. It's worth...nothing. Maybe some one with a '96-'97 F22B2/6 could use it, but I'm really talking out of my ass there. From a performance standpoint the F22B2 uses the 3A (F22A1/4) camshaft so it's most closely related. The F22B6 uses the 4A (F22A6) camshaft so it's less of a fit. Not to mention it only came in automatic cars which would be a problem if that ECU is for a manual transmission. Sorry, it doesn't help you.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

So the moral of the story is, that ecu won't work, there is no reasonable hope to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          So the moral of the story is, that ecu won't work, there is no reasonable hope to make it work.
                          And make sure you have the right year ecu before u pay for a $50 paperweight

Comment

OP, can you not take it back? The PNP i went to gave you X amount of days to take back things but will only give you store credit instead of a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                              OP, can you not take it back? The PNP i went to gave you X amount of days to take back things but will only give you store credit instead of a refund.
                              He probably can't

its very rare for a PNP to offer a return policy.

Comment

Working...
                              X