Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

where to start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to start...

ok i have a 91 2dr f22a4 ex auto with a list of problems ...first off my motor mounts are bad, my shocks and sway bar links are shot, bad tires, little bit of oil on my spark plugs, my tranny also feels very weird, as it is hard to move to and from park (why is that?) but i want to fix it cuz i love my cb7 i was wondering recently if i could throw an s2000 motor an tranny in my car if its at all possible or am i better off lookin 4 an h motor? or could i do an f22 h22 swap would that make it like an ls/vtec or just stick wit the h i honestly want to just get the problems fixed first and then rip it apart and turn it to a beast i currently reside in nj so if any crews around the area or any expert (from anywhere) could help me get started and point me in the right direction pointers, diy's,tips, tricks of the trade...u kno to get me on my way to glory that would be well appreciated oh yea my name is will. oh yea and i want to reinforce my chassis to so....yea im new here and i aint gettin rid of my cb for nothin!!!!!!
    Last edited by 91f22a4philly; 08-27-2006, 09:09 AM.
    GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

wow good luck sounds like you do have a bunch of problems
    i would switch to an h22 5sp first then go for lowering springs and shocks
    uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Start with the mechanical stuff first: Engine swap, auto-Manual swap, then make sure your upgrade your suspension setup. after that (those are some of the most major things to do.) decide what you want the ext. to look like and go from there. A lot of the members here have pics of their rides if you need inspiration so check it out.
      Good Luck and Welcome
      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

s2000 swap huh? I'm sure that would be a first...But seriously stick with an H and a 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by Skunk138cb7
          s2000 swap huh? I'm sure that would be a first...But seriously stick with an H and a 5 spd

It's been done by a member on here. I can't remember his name though.
          (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
          Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
          My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
            It's been done by a member on here. I can't remember his name though.
            huh??? If that happened everyone would be all over it...Ive heard of S2k seat swap but noone throw an s2k motor in an accord...Anyway if you wanna fix the motor right now this is what you need to do.

1. Change your trans fluid
            2. Valve cover gasket like 20 bucks not even that expensive
            3. Motor mounts
            4. Tires
            5. Bushings

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my car had the same prob with shifting gears, for a while the car didnt go in reverse. for me it was my shifter cable. maybe u hould checkout ur shifter cable

Comment

how much i find motor mounts and bushings for and where again i live in new jersey but i am from philly so any shops around here specializing in the cb7 plus which hole is the tranny fluid on the passenger or driver side cuz i got under the car to do it and didnt kno which one was which and if anyones parting out the 90-91 cb7 less then 150 on the mileage let me kno i need a few parts plus a spoiler so any extra help or suggestions would be good thank you
                GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

Comment

Working...
                X