Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how does this sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does this sound

some guy the other day was talking to me about doin an s2k swap in my car with the tranny in all...but wouldnt that be a large amount of money invested to make it rwd and so on? and does anyone know of and cb7 doin a full s2k swap and would it even be possible at all or is it just stupid to think of?
    GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

who's the guy?.........do me a favor and slap him

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
    Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
    1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

the funny thing about it is that he works at advance auto parts...so thats just a shame ill just be more careful who to listen to regardless of where they work! lol

Comment

agreed ^^

let the S2K guy go ahead and do it. then kick his ass with a turbo H22 swap, or even the F22B swap. There are much better ways to go about your CB7 powerplant.
        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I think I'd shed a tear the day I saw someone drifting a cb7.

Comment

http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/10115/ try it

ya search around here before you take someone elses automotive adivice on what to do to your cb7.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
            Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
            Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
            04 WRX stg 2 sedan
            Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

u dnt hav to drift it...stock that motor puts out 240 thats more then the h and the k20

Comment

i think that guy at the auto store was just high, he musta been on some dope azz somthing...but it aint worth it, beside, you would have to cut your dam fire wall into the passenger compartment just to make the dam tranny fix, you might as well go out and get a whole s2oo with the less hassle of the conversion...ne ways, auto parts store clerks are dumb sometimes....becarefule

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

I've heard a rumor of someone in AZ with a RWD CB9...

It's possible, but the amount of work would be insane. You're probably looking at damn near the cost of an S2k, if not more, to have it done for you. Unless you're an incredibly competant fabricator with about $10,000 at your disposal (the motor alone will cost you about $5000 unless you're lucky enough to find a cheap one) you won't be able to do it.

With money, anything can be done. However, this swap would require rearranging everything in the engine bay, making the front suspension stable without the drive axles (as they are a part of the structure to some extent), creating a tunnel for the driveshaft, relocating the gas tank to make room for the rear differential, getting custom axles, wiring everything... hell, I could go on and on, and I haven't even given it detailed thought!

So, can it be done? Yes. Can you do it? Probably not. If you have to ask on here about it, then you're most likely not capable of doing it yourself. Anyone with the ability would understand all that was involved. As for the Advance employee... just because they work in a car parts store doesn't mean they know a damn thing about cars. I've run across some of the most idiotic people at auto parts stores (last time I was at Autozone, I asked for a bolt to plug an o2 sensor bung... the dipshit lit up, said "I know exactly what you need!" and handed me a socket to install and remove an o2 sensor.)

Comment

i just wanted to c just to make sure i wasnt just going crazy i mean it would be nice but like u said tooooo much work involved thanx for the info and autozone guy is a dumbass

Comment

wouldn't it be more plausable (or in the least more affordable)to use the f20c engine as ff set up instead of converting the car to rwd?
                        Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

Working...
                        X