Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

launch control is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

launch control is it possible?

is it possible to have launch control in a cb or is that only for evos,sti's,etc cause that would be nice on and h22. i kno its for building boost but is it possible to use it on a vtec using a vtec controller to lower the engagement to 3800 rpms or is that not possble if it is then where could i find a launch controller for a cb7?
    GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

an msd 2 step will help you out with that one as i have heard, also you can get that on some chipped ecus
    Members Ride

Comment

MSD SCI Digital Has launch control built in , works great for Zex Nitrous Kit ...

without sayin too much about my new secret setup ... yeah works great ... dont know about the vtec beeing able to control it though .... goood luck
      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

where can i find the msd for this kind of setup thanks
        GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

Comment

summitracing.com
          U dont work U dont eat
          U dont grind Udont shine
          1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
          present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
          1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

Uber/Crome-Cuts fuel
            MSD 2 step-no spark

I would go with msd because it cuts spark rather than fuel.<-Obviously makes for lean conditions, which can cause detonation. It is not that bad, but after time it will harm the engine. (fuel cut)
            Last edited by 90EX; 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90EX
              Ubertadata-Chrome… Cuts fuel
              MSD 2 step… No spark
              (fuel cut)
              Actually it retards timing so you still have spark and possibly the best thing to get launch controle is hondata they have the best IMO plus you get all the extra benifits with engine managment for tuning

Comment

i really dont understand what the hell you guys talkin bout.. now i really gotta go to mechanic school cuz you guys just prove that i'ma rookie cuz i dunno wtf ya talkin bout.. if those expensive stuff like msd ignition can hurt the engine then how the HELL do they become so popular??? isnt it suppose to make the spark plug stronger to make the car run and start smoothly ?? ... and .5 second late. that's NUTHIN! it'll skip thru that like nuthin.. maybe u might feel a lil weak moment on the engine but the engine should rotate perfectly in order.
                DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

After a while it can cause harm to the engine. Just don’t use it that much. We are not talking about all of msd ignition systems. We are talking about msd 2 step.
                  Last edited by 90EX; 09-11-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Most performance parts can decrease the life of an engine. It's the compromise you have to make. Just make wise choices, treat your engine with respect, and it won't be bad.

I have the Uberdata fuel cut for my H22. It's not the greatest, as the lean condition does concern me, but I've never heard any detonation. My spark plugs show no sign of it either. I DO have a launch issue, however... it cuts out at 3500 in 1st gear for an instant, which is a total pain in the ass!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      Most performance parts can decrease the life of an engine. It's the compromise you have to make. Just make wise choices, treat your engine with respect, and it won't be bad.

I have the Uberdata fuel cut for my H22. It's not the greatest, as the lean condition does concern me, but I've never heard any detonation. My spark plugs show no sign of it either. I DO have a launch issue, however... it cuts out at 3500 in 1st gear for an instant, which is a total pain in the ass!
                      sounds like you have fuel map issues for that rpm level, what ecu setup are you using?

Comment

P28. I think it's the launch control being set at 10mph... not sure though. I have 2 people looking at it for me, since I can't see anything wrong myself. I'll get a chip burned with the mph lowered, and we'll see if it works! If not, I'll have to mess with it some more.

I'll be getting the car tuned with Crome within the year anyway... A shop down the street from me has a dyno, and one of the employees there actually had a hand in writing Crome. They specialize in Hondas, and they charge $500 for a complete dyno tune... Damn reasonable, I say! I actually plan on getting a supercharger installed as well, so I'll have them tune it then.

Comment

Working...
                        X