11/03/2012 Philadelphia Meet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11/03/2012 Philadelphia Meet...

Okay all. After endless questions of "is the NE dead, when are we going to meet, etc.," we've come to the point of organizing a meet. This is in the works to bring the NE together before good ol' winter pays us a visit. The plan is for us to meet up around mid-day, mingle and talk for a bit, do what car enthusiast do, take a drive around East, West, and Lincoln Drive, and then grab a bite to eat. If all goes well, maybe we can go shoot some pool or go bowling after chow down.

Details:

Date:
    • 11/03/2012 which is a Saturday
    Rain Date:
    • 11/04/2012
    Time:
    • 3:00 PM
    Place:
    • Parking Lot on West River Drive 1/2 mile from Art Museum.
    Alternative Place:
    • Parking Lot on East River Drive 1/2 mile from Art Museum.

The above places will serve as a neutral point for people to meet up in case anyone gets lost.

Straight Success Contact Info.: 267-438-0457.

Meal Time: ~6:00 PM.
    Meal Place: See Poll
    Items To Bring: Whatever you feel.
    Fun: After eating, we have either Dave & Busters, Pool hall, Bowling Alley. I'm sure we'll figure it out.
    Rules: Be mature, and don't act like an ass!
    Contact: Straight Success via PM for questions or information.

Attendees: Please RSVP by posting if you will make it or not.

1. Straight Success
    2. Deevergote
    3. 10thAnnivCB7
    4. dhill_cb7
    5. rexload
    6. 90exkId
    7. JaK FRoSTWhiTE (Possibly)
    8. icedplaya123 (Possibly)
    9. redlined302 (Possibly)
    10. STREET-SPEC
    11. 93accordexcoupe
    12. speedfr3ak (Possibly)
    13. Tippey764 (Possibly)
    14. rossisalvage

Will update with details and information as time progresses. Please aid in daily bumps as well.
    Chili's
    10.00%
    Applebee's
    10.00%
    Friday's
    10.00%
    Red Lobster
    10.00%
    Jim's Steaks
    5.00%
    Jon's Bar & Grill
    10.00%
    Dave & Busters
    30.00%
    Other: Please post suggestion in thread.
    15.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Straight Success; 11-02-2012, 03:55 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Are you certain that we won't get hassled for being in that lot? I've been at many a meet where the authorities chased us away... and it usually ends up in the meet falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Are you certain that we won't get hassled for being in that lot? I've been at many a meet where the authorities chased us away... and it usually ends up in the meet falling apart.
      I'm not 100% sure, but there is adequate free parking (enough to accommodate 50 cars or so) there on the weekends for biking, running, jogging, walking, exploring the scenery, etc. It's usually not packed. I'm sure if we park up and chill, we shouldn't have any problems as long as everyone acts mature. It's a nice area.

I've put into play a contingency plan with free parking down the road on West River Drive.

I'll stop in the Art Museum on Monday, and ask the proper people. I'll post my findings. I also know the Lieutenant in the 25th District, and I'll ask her if it's okay.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

4 pm? Its dark at like 5!

Plus that parking "loop" doesnt look like the most amazing spot to park a bunch of cars. It looks like they would have to be parallel parked all the way around.
        Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Im definately telling my boss right now that i need the 3rd of november off. Yeah dude it would be better if you go to the place and ask them if we can use the parking lot and sorta have a section for us. I think 3 would be better since it wont be as dark.
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Wow the first day i am back after a month and we have a meet. i should come back once a month. JK.

Add me to the list i will def be there.

Comment

This is interesting. A 5hr drive for me. Except I currently don't even own a Honda

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
                4 pm? Its dark at like 5!

Plus that parking "loop" doesnt look like the most amazing spot to park a bunch of cars. It looks like they would have to be parallel parked all the way around.
                There's more than adequate parking. Trust me.

Are you in?

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                Im definately telling my boss right now that i need the 3rd of november off. Yeah dude it would be better if you go to the place and ask them if we can use the parking lot and sorta have a section for us. I think 3 would be better since it wont be as dark.
                Added.

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                Wow the first day i am back after a month and we have a meet. i should come back once a month. JK.

Add me to the list i will def be there.
                Added.

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                This is interesting. A 5hr drive for me. Except I currently don't even own a Honda
                Are you in?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                  I'll probably be there in a Cadillac... or a Fit.

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  I'm not 100% sure, but there is adequate free parking (enough to accommodate 50 cars or so) there on the weekends for biking, running, jogging, walking, exploring the scenery, etc. It's usually not packed. I'm sure if we park up and chill, we shouldn't have any problems as long as everyone acts mature. It's a nice area.

I've put into play a contingency plan with free parking down the road on West River Drive.

I'll stop in the Art Museum on Monday, and ask the proper people. I'll post my findings. I also know the Lieutenant in the 25th District, and I'll ask her if it's okay.
                  Ok, cool. I've been to a number of meets that should've been fine. Free parking areas, etc... and the cops showed up and said since were were a large gathering, we needed a permit. sometimes it's cool, sometimes it's a hassle. For the locals, it's not a big deal... but if people drive hours to get there, it'll suck getting shuffled around. Especially in an unfamiliar city. We've lost people that way.
                  I remember one of the first meets I ever went to, a 16 year old kid came down to MD from Pittsburgh with his dad. We had to relocate, and we lost them. They just turned around and went home.

Comment

Deev ,, please have a sticker for me . Ill pay cash lol
                    10th Anniversary Accord.
                    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I've got em right now, actually. Just haven't had the time to ship, so I haven't updated the shop.

Comment

I'll talk to a few people, and seek some answers. If all isn't well, we'll make the primary spot the back-up location. It's public parking for East and West River Drive.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

In the worst case, we can always move it to a restaurant parking lot... then when they bitch, go in and eat.

Comment

I thought that was already part of the plan. Damn! Is there enough parking space at the restaurants? City Ave has adequate parking with a few restaurants.

I really wanted to drive down South street and take up all of the parking on one side of the street. That'd be cool!

I guess we need a restaurant with a huge parking. Ehh, we'll see.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I'll probably be there in a Cadillac... or a Fit.
                              I'll probably bring my wrx.. unless I get a CB in the next month. I'm currently looking for one without rust problems, but no luck so far.

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                              Are you in?
                              Yes.

I don't know anything in Philly, but if we are going to be taking a scenic route with a place to stop somewhere, I can bring my DSLR. I am an amateur but I can take photos that will look somewhat respectable. Just something little I thought of that I can contribute to this.
                              Last edited by rexload; 09-29-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X