Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why does my car keep going into limp mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does my car keep going into limp mode?

My car keeps going into limp mode every now and then. Before it was constant every time I put the car in d4. Now it does it every now and then as I'm driving sometimes it won't happen at all. I checked the code and I got code 7. I asked around and was told that it was my shift solenoid. I was told to pull it out and clean it. When I pulled it out it looked really clean to me but I cleaned it anyways. Put it back on then when I checked the code again there was nothing there. But then it still happens. I did a Google search and it was saying that a code 7 meant it was my tps. I really don't know what to do guys I could really use some help

Try substituting a known-good trans control unit see what happens.
    wat?

Comment

Is your D4 light flashing, or is your Check Engine Light (CEL) flashing? D4 is a transmission error code, CEL is an engine error code. It seems like you're confusing the two.

Did you clear the code after cleaning the solenoid? You need to do that. Disconnect your battery, or pull the "radio/backup" fuse for a few minutes to do so.

If the D4 light is flashing Code 7, and cleaning the solenoid doesn't help, then you probably need to replace the solenoid. Make sure all connections are clean and tight.
      The TCU itself can go bad, but if it's just throwing one code, it's probably not the case. A bad TCU usually throws multiple codes for no reason. If you have access to another TCU, you could always try it... but I'm thinking it's not the case.

Comment

My s light is the one flashing and yeah after I cleaned the solenoid I disconected the battery for a few seconds and the code went away but then came back a few mins after started driving

Comment

Ok, you have a 90-91 model (it's always smart to specify the year and trim of your car.)

In that case, the solenoid itself is probably bad. Replace it.

Comment

if its only a code 7 then its a solenoid.

Comment

Sorry I'm kinda new to cars and this is the first forum I join I guess I really could've been more specific. Do you guys recommend me getting one from a junk yard?

Comment

Junkyard parts are hit or miss. You might find a good one. You might find a bad one. You might find one that will work for a month. It's up to you. If it's worth the risk to you, and it's worth trying to save a few bucks, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                X