No announcement yet.

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do see the point. It's just the fact that people care enough to bring it up and discuss it like it actually matters that's ridiculous. Some would say it's offensive. That was my point earlier.

Comment

California is always in a 'drought'. Just now the liberals added another way to exploit the situation to control and tax the people. I don't use enough water to make a difference but sure enough somehow I need to cutback as opposed to others that consume 10 times what I do. Besides, a broken water pipe will lose more water than I consume in my lifetime but fixing archaic infrastructure does fit the propaganda.

Maybe if California was really concerned about it citizens and sent back the illegal invasion, we would have plenty of extra water. Just think how much water the extra millions of illegals steal from citizens.

So, a few buckets of water won't hurt anything and is actually helping raise awareness and money for a good cause.
      Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

They should use this for breast cancer. Ice water on white t-shirts

Comment

It's the videos that don't do a thing. While they do raise awareness they don't bring in the money like the bracelets for AIDs, Alzheimers's, Asperger's Autism, Gray, Bladder Cancer, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor's Cancer, Child Abuse, CRPS, Diabetes, Down Syndrome, Global Warming, Heart Disease, Leukemia, and the t-shirts for their cancer awareness, congenital heart defect awareness, lung cancer awareness .......................

You see where I'm going with this. Just another dumb idea for people to do to which in end not a lot of help will reach those who need it. Just people trying to follow a fad.

I think Terry Fox and those who dedicate real physical effort and their life to raising awareness are those who help the most. Not Joe down the road who is wearing his sisters pink shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
            They should use this for breast cancer. Ice water on white t-shirts
            That is a great idea!

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            It's the videos that don't do a thing. While they do raise awareness they don't bring in the money like the bracelets for AIDs, Alzheimers's, Asperger's Autism, Gray, Bladder Cancer, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor's Cancer, Child Abuse, CRPS, Diabetes, Down Syndrome, Global Warming, Heart Disease, Leukemia, and the t-shirts for their cancer awareness, congenital heart defect awareness, lung cancer awareness .......................

You see where I'm going with this. Just another dumb idea for people to do to which in end not a lot of help will reach those who need it. Just people trying to follow a fad.

I think Terry Fox and those who dedicate real physical effort and their life to raising awareness are those who help the most. Not Joe down the road who is wearing his sisters pink shirt.
            I agree the videos are not as effective as they could be or really should be. It's for awareness. So make people aware.

People are supposed to take the challenge and donate money. However not many people have said anything in their videos about their donation.

Comment

Comment

I got nominated and because I didn't want to make another lame video, I just gave $50.

The only thing I knew about ALS before all this was that Steven Hawkings has it and it's also called Lou Gherig's disease. I'm all for supporting charity and donate time and money to other causes, but I'll admit that the only reason I donated was because I was nominated. I really had no intention to donate, even after seeing countless ice bucket vids but I didn't want to be that douche who didn't get wet or donate.

I'm all for the awareness, but what's the point when it's a bunch of ignorant tweens trying to get a bunch of likes?

I really respect the few celebrities just straight donating money though. Glad the foundation is making record numbers.

Comment

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.p...wLBPj4y2bPO10X shots fired from 50 to floyd mayweather.

Comment

I too got nominated. But I didn't do anything or donate.

before this came along I never heard of " ALS " and seeing people dump a bucket of ice on themselves to avoid paying ( yes the ones I seen never paid even the small amount required after you get ice dumped on you ) didn't help either.

do I plan to donate,, ehh they already have a couple million and more incoming, im struggling over here.. think I'll pass

Comment

My honest take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        My honest take on it.

Lol werd and them cats talking about turn down for what. They need to turn in that application towards a job so that they can get their money right and not get turned down for an approval when they swipe the next bankcard so that their lights don't get turned off.

Comment

Im surprised this trend hasnt fizzled out yet.. whats entertaining is all the people getting fucked up now!

Just the other day some firefigters got electrocuted lowering the ladder after doing some challenge thing with a bunch of college students..heard it on the radio..

Then we have

Comment

ROFL!
                            Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                            whats entertaining is all the people getting fucked up now!

Comment

Back on the topic of "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - Thoughts?"

Why yes, I have a thought..

Maybe that was too much...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X