CB7 Bumper Swap Maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Bumper Swap Maybe?

Ok, I was lookin at my car (92 sedan) and some guy's 90/91 and I noticed a few minor differences in the front bumpers.. Any of you think ripping (not really ripping but you know) my bumper off and putting a 90/91 bumper on would look alright? ...I gotta work on my photoshop skills so I can figure these things out on my own. But yeah, if you guys have any info on how to do this real cheap, Id be extremely grateful.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Eh, if I did actually go through with it, Id get some blackout/clear lenses for the bumper lights. But also, if I go through with it I gotta get some money...
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Yeah, it will fit, I want to put the 92/93 bumper on my 91. Too bad you werent closer, we could just trade.

Comment

ew. 90-91 bumpers blow the big fat goat. 92-93 is dope.
        MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
        i pulled over and looked under the hood.
        the engine was still there...
        ...silly light!

Comment

90 91 bumper are you alright?

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
            Yeah, it will fit, I want to put the 92/93 bumper on my 91. Too bad you werent closer, we could just trade.
            Completely agree, I have a 91 and I hate my front bumber, I was thinkin' about findin a good lip to help it. But I would prefer a complete swap witht the 92/93 (maybe get a cheap one at the j/y). it seems the 92/93 have a nice little factory lip if i am not mistaken, anyhow there is just something about the 92/93 bumbers that are way better. My bumber makes the car little and really cheap, almost makes the headlights bug eyed and out of proportion.

If anyone has the two different types of cars with the front bumper pic, it would be a good addition to this thread and just to get a good comparison.
            Last edited by thatsitbelowradarSTL; 04-17-2004, 03:02 PM.
            Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
            Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

sorry i couldnt find a more front-on 9091 pic, but here u go.

92 & 93: mi nostrils:

90 & 91: somebody named TheNextAZN's car:
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-21-2010, 05:54 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by tinted_ride66
                it seems the 92/93 have a nice little factory lip if i am not mistaken, anyhow there is just something about the 92/93 bumbers that are way better.
                lip only comes on the ex model. lx and dx do not (at least in the us).

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I really love the 92-93 front end better....but as far as foglights go, I think the 90-91's look alot better.
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

i agree- but i dont like the look of the stock fogs on our cars, for either bumper style. but if i had to choose one to put the fogs in, i would have to say 9091... even though i like the 9293 a lot more.

Current cars:

Comment

Not to mention...the black molding is completely different between the two. If you replaced the front bumper, you gotta replace the side moldings and the rear bumper as well.....if you want it to look right, that is.
                      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

MAN !! i LOVE this site !!!

I wanna put the 92/93 bumper on my 90 LX 4 door .. while at the salvage yard today .. i saw a 92
                        (the bumper was trashed) but the piece it *slides* on to .. ( i forget what it's called) it's got like
                        4 allen style wrench type thingamajiggers ( 2 on top, 2 on bottom) it looks like a cheap piece of
                        plastic .. does anyone know that when i go to add the 92/93 bumper cover .. do i also have to change
                        that piece that the bumper cover slides on to .. to a 92/93??

i'm glad that i found this thread because we installed my JDM headlights last week, and i noticed that
                        the grille doesnt wanna fit back in .. it sorta sticks out a pinch .. annnnnnd when we were doing the install,
                        i noticed that the back of the JDM's had a lil yellow writing that said: *92 accord* .. could that be the reason?
                        lol .. i can always modify the one i have . or get a 92?... but in reading this thread ... *mrhonda* does know
                        his stuff .. lol .. i didnt even think about the moulding not matching up .. time to brake out the torch and
                        weld those babys right up .. nahhh .. they ARE getting painted tho ...

*mrhonda* .. i dont know if you saw the thread i started on this but .. ( mike said it'd work)
                        i wanna put the 92/93 trunk lid on my 90 LX .. any issues i need to know about? .. the 92 EX that is at
                        the salvage yard is a 4 door like mine .. and both *inner's* and *outer's* are mint .. wudya think ??
                        (the 92 - 2 door has the the lid WITH the holes already drilled for the OEM spoiler i just bought)
                        will the coupe lid fit as well ?? i'd rather get that one..

Thanks guys... for all you know.. this *Bud's* for you ..
                        heheheh

A Hui Hou !!
                        Paka

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Since the 92/93 coupe's taillights go all the way to the license plate(like all the 90/91 models), I could be wrong, but I'm thinking you can swap just the tailights and use your original deck lid. If you use the tailights from the sedan, the trunk will have to be swapped out as well. And like I said earlier, if you swap one of the bumpers, you need to swap the other too, as well as the side moldings.
                          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                            Since the 92/93 coupe's taillights go all the way to the license plate(like all the 90/91 models), I could be wrong, but I'm thinking you can swap just the tailights and use your original deck lid.
                            no sir, they are rounded differently- you cant swap between the 9293 coupe and 9091 taillights. a guy over at AccordRacing just recently semi-custom fitted 9091 taillights onto his 9293 coupe (first time ive ever seen that)... it was a good idea, but it didnt look right.

Current cars:

Comment

hey douche***. thanks for the -rep 6 years later. u so pro.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X