Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no compression cyl no3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no compression cyl no3

ok so i want to know what people think this could be i think rings but i don't know i have never had this type of thing happen to me.... i have a 92 accord with f22a1 and i have been burning 1qt oil a week for months. Now all the sudden the other day i was coming home and i noticed it missing really bad coming up a steep hill, it would not accelerate up the hill it was just holding strong at 3 grand. I had it towed the rest of the way home and changed my spark plugs cap and rotor and it didn't make a difference so i did a compression check and 3 out of the 4 cly have 175psi and no3 has 1 so none... is it rings head gasket what do you guys think...... it still starts and runs just like shit

well if it is burning that much oil with that little compression my guess would be the rings.
    <-- MRT

Comment

I would have to say its the VALVES on the exhaust side of the cylinder head. I was running on very poor compression in 2 cyl, like 35 psi, and it was all cause of 2 burnt / broken ex. valves. A burnt or broken valve will EASILY give you low to NO compression in a cylinder. During the compression stage of the engine, the intake and ex valves need to be closed; if there's no seal there you get no compression.

The oil consumption you are having is probably because of stuck oil rings. I took my engine apart and found carbon clogging the oil rings and all its passages. You can see it in my rebuild thread below. When I looked at the condition of the rings they looked fine even though my car had over 333,000 miles on it! Honda rings are build ford tough, lol.
      Last edited by Mishakol129; 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM.
      “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
      ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

more then ring.

For zero compression you would be looking at more then bad rings, you have issues there.

Get a leakdown test, or if it is that bad, remove valve cover and rotate engine by hand slowly looking to see if your valves are closing on that cylinder, they probably aren't.

Even with open valves it would be hard to hit zero compression, so maybe you put a hole in your piston.

You can leakdown test it if you want, but it will be 100% on that cylinder, but it will tell you what side went bad, or maybe what side went worse if both are bad.

Hook up the leakdown tester and open the throttle body by hand and listen for air, then do the same thing with crank case via dip stick.

Sorry it happened, let us know what it

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

well with all that said it is time for me to just do my swap... i have had a h22 and trany sitting around out of my old prelude and a month ago my trany blew up in the accord so i put the light weight fly wheel and 6 puck clutch in it with the prelude lsd trany and it flew compared to what it did before but i knew the motor would go soon it had 200,000 on it and was burning that much oil it was only time... so i guess get the rest of the parts needed and put in the h22 thanks for all the input

Comment

i think youd just have to start tearing in to it to find your answer

Comment

you could try to pour some marvel mystery oil into cylinder number 3 to try to free up the piston ring

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129 View Post
                I would have to say its the VALVES on the exhaust side of the cylinder head. I was running on very poor compression in 2 cyl, like 35 psi, and it was all cause of 2 burnt / broken ex. valves. A burnt or broken valve will EASILY give you low to NO compression in a cylinder. During the compression stage of the engine, the intake and ex valves need to be closed; if there's no seal there you get no compression.

The oil consumption you are having is probably because of stuck oil rings. I took my engine apart and found carbon clogging the oil rings and all its passages. You can see it in my rebuild thread below. When I looked at the condition of the rings they looked fine even though my car had over 333,000 miles on it! Honda rings are build ford tough, lol.
                Agreed! I did a compression test a few weeks ago (F22A4) and cylinder #3 was about 30 psi less than the others. I added a little bit of oil to #3 and tested again. The compression was the same, so it leads me to believe that the rings are solid and valves arent seating well.

Comment

Originally posted by rexjr919 View Post
                  you could try to pour some marvel mystery oil into cylinder number 3 to try to free up the piston ring
                  If there's no compression, nothing you pour in is going to fix it. You can NEVER fix a mechanical problem with anything in a bottle.

Comment

Working...
                  X